• Bookworm 100
Good luck to DJ in all that he does.

The Peten's Fangirl

Pirate

36,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
DJ Helsing
I just wanted to take a moment to inform all of you that I was not fired by Gaia but decided to move on to a new chapter of my life.

With that being said it wasn’t an easy choice to make. A few weeks ago I was approached by a good friend of mine with a once in a lifetime opportunity and I had to decide quickly. After a lot of thought and discussion with family and friends I decided to take a chance and begin a new adventure.

Gaia has been my life for the last seven years and boy had it been an amazing run. I have had so many great experiences with each and every one of you that I will never forget. From the convention booth excitement to the negotiating of cross promotions it’s all been a blast. I have so many memories of each and every one of you that I will cherish and never forget. I thank each and every one of you for all the hard work you have done to help bring Gaia to where it is today and for all the help you have given me throughout the years.

But don’t worry I’m still around. I still visit the forums regularly and am stopping by the office regularly to help out and say hi to my friends. I’ll still be attending many of the same conventions as an attendee or hosting other fun events so keep an eye out for me and feel free to stay in contact via my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/djhelsing

Keep in touch and I’ll see you around!

you will be missed emotion_hug best of luck to you

Unholy Mage

12,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
User Image
Wow, it's really sad to see him go.
But sometimes you have to grab those once in a life time opportunities.
Hope all goes well for him in the future, and I'm glad he hasn't stopped using his account.

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
DJ Helsing
I just wanted to take a moment to inform all of you that I was not fired by Gaia but decided to move on to a new chapter of my life.

With that being said it wasn’t an easy choice to make. A few weeks ago I was approached by a good friend of mine with a once in a lifetime opportunity and I had to decide quickly. After a lot of thought and discussion with family and friends I decided to take a chance and begin a new adventure.

Gaia has been my life for the last seven years and boy had it been an amazing run. I have had so many great experiences with each and every one of you that I will never forget. From the convention booth excitement to the negotiating of cross promotions it’s all been a blast. I have so many memories of each and every one of you that I will cherish and never forget. I thank each and every one of you for all the hard work you have done to help bring Gaia to where it is today and for all the help you have given me throughout the years.

But don’t worry I’m still around. I still visit the forums regularly and am stopping by the office regularly to help out and say hi to my friends. I’ll still be attending many of the same conventions as an attendee or hosting other fun events so keep an eye out for me and feel free to stay in contact via my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/djhelsing

Goodbyes make me.... emo

Take care DJ, and the very best of luck.

Shy Borg

That's unfortunate. I was lucky enough to meet DJ Helsing at a convention and he was friendly and his panels were enjoyable. It's sad to see him go, but I wish him all the best!

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I don't care much for the dances at AX, but if you DJ'ed for one of them I'll endure the insufferable line!

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I had the great pleasure of meeting DJ Helsing more than once at Gaia panels during the NYC Comic Con over the years. He's always been cool peoples.

And, well, you know. He has the good grace to laugh at dirty jokes and innuendo during panels but not make them, because that would be unprofessional. But I love that he really got the joke and gave a laugh. It was a lot of fun. I wish him and his family the best. That kid of his sure is lucky to have such an awesome dad.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Trick or...

Looks like more and more of the old folks are leaving for whatever reasons. Someone else will prolly take over from DJ Helsing because if they stop doing live panels at conventions, Gaia will lose its connection with the general public. These panels are like a bridge between the staff and the community. With the bridge out, the gap between us and Gaia may grow wider and some of us this gap is already the size of the Grand Canyon.

TREAT!

Ruthless Mage

That's sad. A lot of vets are just leaving one after the other.
However, I think it's a better move for them than to keep on working on this site, so it's a bitter-sweet feeling. I wish him the best.

mskeaton1's Wife

LoliPop Princess

40,850 Points
  • Candyland Heaven 500
  • Loli Pop Treasure Hunter 500
Gaia, my favorite website and a place that I feel extremely connected to, seems to be rapidly degenerating by the day. I could not be sadder.

Goodbye, DJ Helsing. You will be greatly missed! I hope that this "once in a lifetime opportunity" brings you lots of future success. heart

Questionable Genius

Wishing him luck in his future endeavors!
Though it does upset me to see 2 senior staff leave in the same time frame... first Ling and then DJ Hellsing?

Verloki's Senpai

Cosmic Destroyer

DJ Helsing

Good luck in life sugar, We will miss you...To us you where like one of the great old gods and i cannot believe your gone...May your new job bring you everything gaia is failing and please do come and lurk as one of us sometime?

Charitable Genius

12,300 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
DJ Helsing
User ImageI don't know why they can't just send flyers to conventions with the codes and an advertisement on them, then let us know online which conventions have it? Or a way to do it digitally? Or a way for convention staff to print them out? I really need one of these convention codes for the achievement. Does anyone have one I can use? crying

Witty Girl

User Image

I'm happy for him. This site is going downhill anyway.

User Image

Apocalyptic Spotter

18,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
DJ was one of the realest of the real, and I miss him badly. This one is for you, DJ: emotion_brofist

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff