Welcome to Gaia! ::

But does an open equip list really invite beggars? I would think they just go by one glance at your avvie or see a specific item you have on without looking at your equip list.

I keep my open like others said because I don't care and I find it a like irksome when I try to figure an item someone is wearing but they have the equip list hidden.

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
lol, I don't know why people are getting so offended off of a very simple question.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Yaunie13
lol, I don't know why people are getting so offended off of a very simple question.

I think it's because this question has been asked so many times and the responses are just about the same whenever the topic comes up.

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
Super Fightin Prototype
Yaunie13

I think it's because this question has been asked so many times and the responses are just about the same whenever the topic comes up.

Oh, well, sorry. I googled the topic and nothing showed up, that's why I asked it.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Yaunie13
Super Fightin Prototype
Yaunie13

Oh, well, sorry. I googled the topic and nothing showed up, that's why I asked it.

A lot of the results seem to come up if you search "User does not allow viewing". It's just a matter of knowing which words to use.

Not a big deal. :3

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
For the longest time i actually had mine open and view-able, But in this last week i found an avatar glitch which sparked my idea to put it as private so that if i find weird layering options/glitches that the can be original for me. emotion_awesome

Honestly, i could care less about people having theirs as private, i'm a GCDer i know when ALL the new items come out lol.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Mermaid Eater
For the longest time i actually had mine open and view-able, But in this last week i found an avatar glitch which sparked my idea to put it as private so that if i find weird layering options/glitches that the can be original for me. emotion_awesome

Honestly, i could care less about people having theirs as private, i'm a GCDer i know when ALL the new items come out lol.

Yeah that seems to be a common reason - especially if the glitch in question makes the avatar nude.

I like showing off what I use to make glitches happen but that might be because none of them involve having a boxer-less avatar, which is a damn good way to get your avatar reset.

Wheezing Phantom

11,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Though I've posted in these topics before, I shall give my reasons once again~

1) Stopped getting scams after I hid mine
2) Glitch/combo exploitation

If someone asks what I'm wearing, though, I'm always quick to answer. Oh, and I have the old-style profile and you can see my equipped items there, so it's not like I'm being super-secretive or anything.

Hallowed Prophet

To each their own, I guess. I haven't had any issues with begging/scam PMs, so I just keep mine open.

Slumbering Tengu

I only hide mine when I have avatar intentions of going into the arena
otherwise I un-hide it, IMHO there's no sense in that stuff (glitches as exception)
I mean it's not like they show what they're wearing pose by pose
even if you peek at the items it can be hard to match pose with item
I'm pretty good of identifying what's what though so I rarely check avatars
but it is fun when you run across that one pose you forgot xD

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
_Mya_Kohler_
DJ Twissta
I guess each person has their reason lol. There are too many items on Gaia for me to remember @_@ If I ever want to know, but they have their inventory unviewable, I just ask them and they usually answer :3

Sometimes, they have it set so only friends can PM them. I've had that happen before.

I just comment them if that's the case =]

Girl-Crazy Lovergirl

15,915 Points
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
It's useful when you don't want people easily copying your cosplay avis.

And then sometimes you find combinations that are really cool that you want to keep to yourself.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image
User Image

From the viewpoint of someone who cosplays on here and has been cosplaying for years on Gaia, it can get annoying when someone decides to copy you. People will say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, but some people don't see it in that light. Some people find it to be annoying. Especially when you're someone who works hard on your pixels or does things for the arenas. It's irksome when someone has the means to try out other item combinations, yet decides to make themselves into a carbon copy of you.

To some people, this isn't a big deal and I can understand and respect that. However, as with any issue in life, there are people who are going to feel the opposite of how you feel about something.

It could be called immature or even childish. That's someone's opinion and it doesn't bother me, because despite these being just 'pixels on the internet', it IS a pain in the a** to find items to match and compliment a color scheme (especially when we have things like different shades of white and black. There isn't simply 'white'; We have pearly white, dull white, bright white, snowy white, etc.) and to save up gold for some of these items. And, when someone comes along and can't just create s**t on their own, it's annoying and a little insulting. It's sort of like taking a test; You studied really hard for it and then the person beside you decides to just look off of your paper for the answers.

I've had it happen to me when I cosplayed Naruto, Disney, etc. I most recently even had it with this cosplay of mine and it does piss me off because my combination isn't the end all-be all of combinations. Nobody said that my character HAD to wear pink, purple, and gold. I just went with this color scheme because it's what /I/ personally enjoyed and worked with the best. And, it DID take me a while to find items to compliment this and to save up. My character is originally a pony in the show and there are no canon human forms of her. For all that we know, she could wear blue because her favorite color is blue if she were human. She could like green. She could like orange. Yet, time and again, I've had other users steal and rip from not only my profile (which is reportable), but from my avatar. And, it does piss me off because it's not as if we're limited on items. We've gotten MUCH more lately and they're of wonderful quality, yet I still see girls taking the lazy way out and ripping either my entire avatar or taking bits and pieces from it and mashing it together (half assed) with something they just threw together on a whim.

Again, could this view sound childish to some people? Sure, and I won't attack you if you think so. However, this is my view on the situation. I'd respect yours if you respected mine.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

DJ Twissta
_Mya_Kohler_
DJ Twissta
I guess each person has their reason lol. There are too many items on Gaia for me to remember @_@ If I ever want to know, but they have their inventory unviewable, I just ask them and they usually answer :3

Sometimes, they have it set so only friends can PM them. I've had that happen before.

I just comment them if that's the case =]

That's assuming comments aren't also set to private. :K

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas