Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
chai fae
I hide mine because back in the day when I had it visible I got a lot of begging PMs and scam PMs. That's it. I always answer when people ask about what I'm wearing. I'm well aware that gaia has millions of items and it is impossible to know off the top of your head every item, so I help when I can.

This

If I wanna help somebody, I will also do it randomly and mostly anonymously.
That kinda frustrates me, after coming back from a long hiatus, and trying to find the item that someone is wearing that I like takes ages to find in the market place.

Royal Werewolf

43,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
DJ Twissta
I guess each person has their reason lol. There are too many items on Gaia for me to remember @_@ If I ever want to know, but they have their inventory unviewable, I just ask them and they usually answer :3

Sometimes, they have it set so only friends can PM them. I've had that happen before.

Royal Werewolf

43,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
Noktisu
There are some people who think others might want to steal their item combinations, so they hide their equipped list.

I'm sure there are people who can just look at the item(s) on the avi and go, 'I have that/those!', then they can make the style just by seeing the items.

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
_Mya_Kohler_
Noktisu
There are some people who think others might want to steal their item combinations, so they hide their equipped list.

I'm sure there are people who can just look at the item(s) on the avi and go, 'I have that/those!', then they can make the style just by seeing the items.

Yeah that's true. I never really thought about it that way =/

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
Denham
          People have their reasons. I've heard a variety, from fear of combo stealing to wishing to spite people who constantly ask about making wishlists visible. I keep mine visible because a) I don't care b) I'm just a little arrogant in regards to my style, in that I feel it would be difficult to take an overall look of mine without it being obvious.

Yeah, that's kinda why I don't hide mine either. That and I don't want others to go through that same frustration when I can't find out what item a person is wearing.

Benevolent Duck

i don't bother hiding mine. it always bugs me when i see the perfect item on someone else's avatar and, without fail, they have their equipped list hidden. gonk

Sexy Assailant

Originally, it wasn't an option. After countless bawwing from babies, gaia added the option to shut them up. That's the only reason why it was done, despite the plenty of evidence of why it's rediculous.

Alien Visionary

19,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I hide mine because this is in an OC account and I prefer to have her just a little more...original...

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
i'm not sure whether or not mine is hidden

i do know that i used to get some begging pm that would ask for an item off my avi.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Personal preference, I guess.

I never saw the point to it. Even if a list is hidden, you can ask (either the person directly or someone else indirectly) and find out exactly what the items are and what pose they might be using. It's a pointless feature in my eyes. My equipped list isn't a national secret. Everyone has just as much right to increase their working knowledge of Gaia's items as I do.

Man-Hungry Lunatic

To Whom It May Concern,

I hide mine to frustrate people rofl

but I also have it viewable on my profile so if someone really wanted to know what I am wearing they can get to it pretty easily.

They could always ask, too. I love when people comment on my outfits. whee

Sincerely,

Lady Xem

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
I have no idea! It's really annoying!

One thing that kind of confuses me, though, is when someone doesn't have their equip list visible in the forums, but it's totally visible on their profile.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

Hmm this topic again.. The answer is simple, we are given the option to hide it so we do. Why? Because we can.

fxxkin demon

I get the reasons why people do it but if someone really wants to figure it out they will.

Mine is always open. I don't care really. I change my avatar a lot so it wouldn't bother me if some liked a combo enough they wanted to use it on their own avi.

Also, I have never gotten a beggar from keeping it open. Maybe when your avatar looks like mine they know better than to ask.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff