Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blazing Battler

I'm really uncool and unworthy, and mostly a lurker myself, too, but I think the GCD has always seemed like it had a lot of nice people in it. I've gotten several nice random gifts here over the years. <3

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
xcrimsonlegendx
I've noticed it too, seems like now that gold is worthless gifting is more acceptable.

I've gotten like 100 Grunnies gifted to me, a few months back I was anon gifted Horns of the demon, a purple devil tail, incubi's amethyst wings and more.

I have to ask... what do you do with them all? confused

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I generally try to be a nice ninja I guess. ninja It's true inflation has made me realize how silly it is to fight over a fake currency and made me wonder if real money is really worth it in the end too. It got me thinking that the currency that we use on our everyday lives is just stolen materials from the earth we use and actually doesn't really belong to us. Like we work so hard to earn money in our lives and then by the end of our lives children fight over the money when we die. Kind of like how the Egyptian tombs were broken into. So yes inflation has helped me learn more about people and how changes in currencies can effect people's behaviors. I am seeing people be more generous. I know I'm donating a lot more again too. I love the Welcome to Gaia forums because people are grateful for even little gifts. I'm not the type of person to vend, I'm not rich, and I can't draw so I do what I can to help others out. Like trying to get some issues in forums noticed by staff even if hopeless, tektek cool looking gold shop outfits, and giving away freebies and gold shop items to random people I've never met before. I just stopped caring about inflation and I'm happier just spending whatever gold I earn in zOMG! on gold shop items for people. I admit I have stumbled upon charity threads and asked for items too. I joke I'm a hobo now because I go dumpster diving a lot and I guess I am a begger too. I am more than grateful for the kindness shown to me since joining this site and I do my best to return the favor. Like so many people were kind to me especially when I first joined the site like former zOMG! developers [ JK ] and jenzee. If it wasn't for those two and friends I've met along the way, I would not have loved zOMG! as much as I do now.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I've gotten more gifts from people in the past few months than I have of all of my years on Gaia. lol I think it's because of how worthless gold has become, people are more willing to spend 100k on some random item for a stranger.

((If anyone has any grunnies they don't want....))

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Meirelle
xcrimsonlegendx
I've noticed it too, seems like now that gold is worthless gifting is more acceptable.

I've gotten like 100 Grunnies gifted to me, a few months back I was anon gifted Horns of the demon, a purple devil tail, incubi's amethyst wings and more.

The Grunnies?
I sleep on a big pile of writhing, fuzzy doom. It's like a waterbed made out of nightmares.
classified_omnomgrunny

In a relationship with VICTUURl

Hardcore Man-Lover

I've received a great number of gifts from some very generous Gaians recently.
Some anons gifted me a Whimsical Wisteria and a Street Bounce.
I absolutely adore my gifts! They made my day/week. ♥
To be honest, I was incredibly shocked, because the last time I've gotten a gift was yeeeears ago.

I wish I knew who those anons were, so I could thank them properly. : (
So I guess I'll just return the favor by doing some art freebies after I'm finished with the 2 art pieces I'm doing now. @ _ @

Heart Consumer

people are definitely quite kind to me, which is very welcoming as ive been on gaia for 7-ish years under different names but have rarely ventured into the forums. until recently, that is.
as such, i cant speak for whether people USED to be this generous, but i hypothesize that inflation has a bit of a hand in it. rich members have a ton of gold/items and little to do with it, and even those who could benefit it are taking a stand against the site's business practices. many feel bad for new or poor members who have to work their way up to obnoxiously expensive items. i mean, working is good for people to maintain their enthusiasm about a site, but starting with 2500 gold and having to find a way to get to 1bil for some special item is just too much to expect from one person.
with all this in mind, it is no wonder that generosity is peaking, and i am happy for it.

Tricky Saint

Nah, just defeated; sorta like the bad guy who seems a little nicer after getting his a** beat.

3,275 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Gaian 50
xcrimsonlegendx
Meirelle
xcrimsonlegendx

The Grunnies?
I sleep on a big pile of writhing, fuzzy doom. It's like a waterbed made out of nightmares.
classified_omnomgrunny
I should post on Gaia again for posts like these. Also nice avatar.

I have been watching threads and people are reporting getting gifts and it is just nice to see that.

Newbie Traveler

People got nicer.
Someone just gave me a White Grunny just out of the blue. I wasn't even asking.

Excitable Kitten

14,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Launch Party 100
I've been on this site off and on for ten years now and I dunno, it almost does seem like people got nicer over the years rofl but it's also possible I just use to hang out in the wrong places.

I've seen lots of people getting gifted randomly and have been gifted myself more than I'd ever have thought possible as well. It's really nice to see people being kind to each other.

I think the best part is when you make new friends because of it, whether you gift someone and then start talking, or they gift you and you go and thank them and it leads to a conversation. Actually, that's part of why anons kind of drive me crazy (other than the fact I'm not 100% sure they'll see my thank you message wherever I post it), I want to get to know people more and make friends! And get revenge by gifting them at some point, too. DON'T HIDE ANONS, LET US LOVE YOU.

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
Studies show that people get more cooperative in times of disaster instead of less, the exact opposite of what most disaster movies will tell you.
And, well, the economy can be labeled as a disaster. sweatdrop I think now that we think we're all good and properly ********, this 's**t got real' instinct is kicking in and people realize there's better things to do than be bitchy.

Thus, the influx of generous users.

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
i just logged in for the first time in a like a year and i havent been active for like 3. It's weird how little the layout has changed whee the people seem more or less the same though.

Perfect Saint

More gold and items than they can know what to do with them. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas