Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, if I have, I have a few things I'd like to ask...and perhaps a few new things as well.

When I first got my credit card, about a month and a half ago, I quickly figured out how to make a paypal account and donated to gaiaonline. I'd read how letters used to cost so little in the past by reading threads in here, so tried to sell mine for cheap. But they disappeared so quickly I couldn't keep it up ;;>_> So eventually I started selling them again for 4.7 each.

When the april letters opened, I quickly figured out why people bought them for so high. Because idiots are willing to pay almost 7000 gold for a pair of the donation items the day it opens. This realization slightly pissed me off, exchangers had just been using me to get 2k profit and kept the so called "secret" to themselves.

Why is the economy like this? It can't possibly be supply and demand, the supply of letters was HUGE the day they were released.

Dramatic Hunter

It's because people think that these items will be the next devil tail and snap them up the moment they see them, only to realise that everyone and their brother has more than one of each item.

I'd say it is a direct by product of our "I want it and I want it NOW" culture.

The exchangers are just playing on that tendency in people.
Baneful
It's because people think that these items will be the next devil tail and snap them up the moment they see them, only to realise that everyone and their brother has more than one of each item.

It's just confusing though.
Don't you think people would get smarter eventually? ;;>_>
They couldn't possibly not be able to realize how much the prices dropped and apply that later.
... I bought it because they were selling at that price, and was willing to pay 5.2k for an awesome item. ._o

Their fault for rasing the prices.

Baneful, you're pwning today.
IT'S Just like real life. there is always someone out there who is going to make a buck at your expense

@DJFeo those flame pants are hoooot *drools*

Ice Heart's Queen

I think a big problem is that people don't know how to barter. Instead of trying to get the lowest fair price they can people try and out bid each other and pay too much for items.

So then that creates people who refuse to barter the price they are asking for. rolleyes Its sad.

If people actually tried to barter properly things would be better.
I believe the popularity of the item also has something to do with it... 3nodding

Mind-boggling Mage

I must get the letters by donating this month 3nodding

Dramatic Hunter

DJFeO
Baneful

It's just confusing though.
Don't you think people would get smarter eventually? ;;>_>
They couldn't possibly not be able to realize how much the prices dropped and apply that later.

You'd think people would get smarter, at least, you'd hope so. But you just have to look at some n00bs to realise that some things just don't work that way, and whereever there are people, there are idiots.

And thankyee Iggeh ^___^
Rickalkine-in-ice
I believe the popularity of the item also has something to do with it... 3nodding
I don't find spider legs currling around ones avatar to be very attractive n_n
But people still autobought them so high...'tis frustrating.
DJFeO
Rickalkine-in-ice
I don't find spider legs currling around ones avatar to be very attractive n_n
But people still autobought them so high...'tis frustrating.
Neither do I. But the public does. And thats who really counts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff