Rampaging Unicorn

22,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Knight of Britannia
Yorugami
At this point the only thing that would let us know if anyone
did bite the bait is that they release a User-Made EI.

O___O But I kind of fear for the user who does end
up getting flack over it though.

If I were that person, I'd ask Gaia to not put my name on it, haha. New item made by... anonymous! xD
Someone could have pulled it from the grab bag. o3o I have a feeling that's the most likely way for anyone to have gotten it at this point.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
I think regardless if a person bought the ticket and tried to hide it, people would find out sooner or later since the ticket would appear on the marketplace or that user would create the evolving item.

I'm very judgmental towards rich people usually, because I've never had a good experience with them. This is the internet, though, and there are all kinds of people so I respect them regardless unless they give me a reason not to. xP No hate towards anyone that may have bought the sapphire ticket, but... in a more logical viewpoint, no matter what, making a ticket to create an EI will have a major loss of profit. EIs start around 30 billion on average and decrease to half that price as they stay in the cash shop... Well, unless it's an actual EI and not an REI, but I severely doubt it will be that much. If I could make more than 15 poses and have a ton of different phases, that's a different story in my opinion.

No matter what though, I wouldn't waste 2 million GC on some ticket. There are so many ways to get profit and that's not one of them.
Knight of Britannia
I just imagine that if I were someone who had that kind of money, but knowing the environment on the site... I don't think I would admit it. Bragging rights is one thing, but a lot of people look down on those who'd spend that much on something that's not even tangible. It would maybe even open them up for hackers/scammers... That would be my fear, anyway. I know there are people who've bought some seriously pricey things on here and lived to tell about it, but 20 grand is way out there, haha.

I'd be fine with it if they like saved a ton of their money for 4-5 years or so and had 20k or more. They at least SAVED money and wanted to use it to support their favorite site. This would assume they still have money to pay bills, get food, etc.

I know people gripe about others who'd spend any amount like $50-$100 on pixels, but as long as they like what they got..it's whatever IMO.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Knight of Britannia
Yorugami

If I were that person, I'd ask Gaia to not put my name on it, haha. New item made by... anonymous! xD
For sure because maaaaaan...
I can imagine the Pitchforks and the Torches and the mob.
I had a small taste of it when I was in the DC Featured avatars
and man, that was hard enough to get stupid comments on my profile
and even PMs.

But......that would be horrible. O____O
Especially if some of the more fanatical anti-GC people got into it.

So yeah. Anonymity would be the way to go.

Heart Tamer

I bought one. It was pocket change, really. I'm swimming in millions of dollars after having sold my Facebook shares and a patent for hurricane resistant umbrellas. I'm going to be recoloring The Case of Pietro in Pepto Bismol pink and cleverly calling it... The Case of Pepto.

Yes, darlings. Expect it soon.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Considering how volatile the community can get when someone buys expensive pixels, I'm going to guess nobody is going to openly brag about buying one, if they brag to anyone about it at all. We'll find out who bought one anyway, since Gaia's going to want to put that user on parade for designing an EI. Unless you can redeem the ticket on the condition that you aren't mentioned by name, I don't see a way around this.

I'd feel terrible for that user because they'd get loads of flack for spending that much to do something I'd imagine everyone wishes they could do, and for spending that much in general, as if spending $20k on a Ticket because you can afford to do so clearly means your priorities must be out of order. Never mind that rich people have frittered away even larger sums on much dumber things because they had more than they knew what to do with after settling their necessities; that guy over there spent twenty grand on a virtual item that lets them create another one, they obviously have a pretty shitty ability to assess their priorities.

Ice-Cold Bookworm

I doubt they would come forward about it because of the opinions floating around. It'd be too personal, honestly. Everyone would be like "WELL WHAT ARE YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES HOW DID YOU SAVE SO MUCH WHY DID YOU SPEND IT ON GAIA ETC." and make it their business to know everything about that user's financial situation, when really it's not anyone's business. Which is a shame, really, because that kind of behavior would drive anyone who had it away from seeking user input about what everyone would like to have.
If I had one, I'm not even sure I'd redeem it on my main, tbh.

I hope someone actually wins it from a grab bag. That would be interesting.

Shy Gaian

Gash Thrashum
I bought one. It was pocket change, really. I'm swimming in millions of dollars after having sold my Facebook shares and a patent for hurricane resistant umbrellas. I'm going to be recoloring The Case of Pietro in Pepto Bismol pink and cleverly calling it... The Case of Pepto.

Yes, darlings. Expect it soon.
Just the thing to aid the year long case of GG Diarrhea the site has, I suppose. ninja

Seriously though, I hope no one actually bought that ticket only because I feel that they should be able to demand a whole lot more than a simple evolving item which may or may not have the proper quality put into it.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Paikeia
Knight of Britannia
Yorugami

Someone could have pulled it from the grab bag. o3o I have a feeling that's the most likely way for anyone to have gotten it at this point.

This is true! And people would have to believe them, because I mean, that seems just about, if not more plausible than someone on Gaia alone having 20 grand to spend here. sweatdrop
I don't think anyone did, but I sure as hell wouldn't want people to know if I did. I agree with the sentiment that this is not a good environment for that. Not only are there hackers/scammers, the influx of beggars you'd have to put up with.. plus the super negative attitudes people had about the sale and cash in general would make me feel rather intimated over the possibility of harassment, too.

Ice-Cold Star

I honestly think that they priced it that high so that they could place it in the shop and include it in the grab bag. I doubt they really expected anyone to purchase it by itself, but they wanted to make sure it was worth adding on to their work load if someone did.

Greedy Drake

Yorugami

>__>; I admit it myself, that anyone who puts down
20k for just a few pixels must be crazy no matter how rich they
are because. Investment and priorities.

20k would pay for a ton more tickets and Win Gaia bundle
and so much more in comparison than just one Sapphire ticket.

They said you could have won one from the grab bag, so even if a user-ei is made it doesn't mean they spent 13k for it.

Invisible Genius

Normally I don't judge people for spending on Gaia, but let's put this in perspective kids. $20,000 equates to:
gaia_diamond A years worth of salary after taxes for a minimum wage worker;
gaia_diamond A year and a half to two years of rent for most people in the United States;
gaia_diamond A new car, including taxes, license fees, etc. Total price to drive a new car off the lot;
gaia_diamond A VERY nice food budget for a family of four for an entire year;
gaia_diamond Nice vacations every year for TEN years;

That's in the United States folks. If you bought this, I am actively and without remorse judging you.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Jinglybell
Yorugami

They said you could have won one from the grab bag, so even if a user-ei is made it doesn't mean they spent 13k for it.

XD Wouldn't stop people from assuming though.
Because people tend to assume the worst.

Greedy Drake

Yorugami
Jinglybell
Yorugami

XD Wouldn't stop people from assuming though.
Because people tend to assume the worst.

Yea also people on gaia (or I guess anywhere honestly) tend to get insanely jealous, whether they like to admit it or not. Pretending the person spent thousands and trying to take a moral high-ground probably would make someone feel better about harassing the person. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff