Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Tamer

New Tail > Devil Tail
That is all.

Rare

I'm not big on tails (Wed to Darkness is okay) but HORNS AND DEMONS ARE A STAPLE for my avatars

Like I love horns and demons so much at this point almost every avatar I make is one

It's a good life

Demonic Citizen

User Image

Honestly, I've always thought the dtail and dhorns were ugly. They're that odd shade of brownish black that doesn't sit very well with me, not to mention by the time I joined their pixelling style looked majorly dated. I guess I just can't enjoy the dtail and horns as much as everyone else simply because I do not have that sentimentality. Hard to appreciate an item when you simply were not there for when it was the best pixelling you could get.
Though I remember adoring the Wed to Darkness horns when they first came out. They were so much prettier compared to what we had before. As for my favourite horns/tails, it has to be the Alruna and the Manifest's red horns/tails. If I were to ever need to wear horns/tails for some odd reason, those would be what I would choose.

User Image

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

love the devil horns/tail combo... current avi aside they are both a staple in the majority of my avatars 3nodding

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

whats this thing thats on my butt right?

devil tail ya......GOOD OL 2003 DEVIL TAIL

nothing compares to the original even if it cost a million gold something. emo xp

Stellar Succubus

The originals are a bit puffy and brown for my liking. No mind, some people work that well.

I like the wed to darkness ones and these new ones too. The black is a bit nicer, imo!

Demonic Lover

I'm just really not a fan of the original Devil Tail . 3. it's really thick and poorly shaded/done, it's also brown so. I'm overly critical of tails though, I like them to look "natural", wich is hard since there's nothing to compare them as we don't actually have tails XD;;;

The "Wed to Darkness" tail is one of my favorites and currently one of the few I can stand lol, I just think that while yes, it's a little short it also has a nice flow, it's not overly thick at the start C: the "Playful Succubus" one would be one of my favorites if the tip wasn't so big and the color was more red, "Lawful Master" red <3

The worst tail for me (aside from the pink succubus one) is that one found in the "Devilish Dancer" though . 3. the tip is just awkwardly done shape wise and really?, why would anyone want to have a fly swatter tail??? XD;;; maybe that demon is from a part of hell controled by Beelzebub, makes sense~

User Image

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
I rarely wear my devil tail or my horns, but I just can't bring myself to sell them.

These, however...they're quite nice. They're certainly something I would use.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Horns of the Demon are my favorite horns in terms of size and shape. But I really like the new red and black ones.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Viviette Valentine
I'm just really not a fan of the original Devil Tail . 3. it's really thick and poorly shaded/done, it's also brown so. I'm overly critical of tails though, I like them to look "natural", wich is hard since there's nothing to compare them as we don't actually have tails XD;;;

The "Wed to Darkness" tail is one of my favorites and currently one of the few I can stand lol, I just think that while yes, it's a little short it also has a nice flow, it's not overly thick at the start C: the "Playful Succubus" one would be one of my favorites if the tip wasn't so big and the color was more red, "Lawful Master" red <3

The worst tail for me (aside from the pink succubus one) is that one found in the "Devilish Dancer" though . 3. the tip is just awkwardly done shape wise and really?, why would anyone want to have a fly swatter tail??? XD;;; maybe that demon is from a part of hell controled by Beelzebub, makes sense~

User Image

OMG! YESSSSSSSSSS!!
I AGREE SO MUCH!
The Devilish Dancer would have been a perfect new tail
with an un-heard of position....but >>;
Fly swatter. Dx Or even Grill-tail? WHY?

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
Demons are classic. I still like demonic items. 3nodding

Omnipresent Demigod

HDMl
████████████████████████████████████████ ███

Wow the new horns & tail are actually quite nice, & you are right about the shape, spot on. Though, I still think the original tail does it for me as well. I've already got the Horns though.

█████████████████ ██████████████████████████

Salty Raider

16,175 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Trader 100
I like the Dtail, but comparing it to the newer tails.. Um no. XD It's bulky and noticeable, but maybe even grabs too much attention.
Love Dhorns though. :3 Just not for the price.

Witty Nymph

I don't think the Devil Tail will ever lose its appeal simply because it has such an iconic look, no other tail has been released with that sort of off-black brown shade to it, and they all come in different shapes and sizes so it's certainly not difficult to distinguish between all of them.

But I am really pleased that Gaia has released so many DT alternatives, it's nice to have choices that come in a variety of colors and shapes. I really like a lot of the tails that wrap around the avatar, the DT is often hard to work with because most clothing/accessory/prop items will cover it up. Some of the newer tails don't have that issue which is nice.

I will always love my DT best, I worked incredibly hard selling the originals of avatar art I'd done to get my hands on it in '05, and I'm never letting go!

fxxkin demon

I had the same reaction to the Demon Manifest. I had to have it though I've only worn the black and red tail. I love my HotD too much. I never felt Sal was a proper demon until I bought HotD. They have been stuck to his head more or less since I bought them last January. Before that it was the horns from the Azrael doll or Wed to Darkness.

Someday I'd love an original D-tail. I like the shape and the combo of HotD & D-tail is killer. For now I'll stick with my Devilish Dancer tail. To me it looks very animated, like Sal is in mid-sweep. I'll also use the Wed to Darkness tail if my DD one gets in the way or looks odd with my current outfit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff