Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
since items i want aren't deflating, there's no point in getting excited.

Peaceful Nymph

19,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Magical Girl 50

A lot of the vendors are upset with their locked gold, the trades haven't been reverted yet apparently. It may seem a little intentional, or maybe is just me. Less gold will be going through the system with her flush and the users unable to use theirs. My friend has trillions he cannot use cus he bought x2 DJs from her.

Golden Gaian

8,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Satzle
ITT: people without econ degrees talking about economies with no idea of what they are saying

LOL
We need an econologist bruh

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,250 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Wait, what exactly happened with this HYYPE person? Someone explain everything to me.

Golden Gaian

8,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
Fornicaters
Wait, what exactly happened with this HYYPE person? Someone explain everything to me.

She glitched the cash shop, got a bunch of free Win Gaia Bundles, or something like that, and dumped a whole bunch of rare 03s (Angelic halo! Grizzly hats, DJs, etc) in the MP to get everyone's gold and dump it in the gold sink, she didn't even help any "poor" people. She just made a lot of people lose gold. That's it.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

10,250 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
i boned her
Fornicaters

She glitched the cash shop, got a bunch of free Win Gaia Bundles, or something like that, and dumped a whole bunch of rare 03s (Angelic halo! Grizzly hats, DJs, etc) in the MP to get everyone's gold and dump it in the gold sink, she didn't even help any "poor" people. She just made a lot of people lose gold. That's it.
That sounds like a nasty thing to do. What a shame.

Tiny Alchemist

It's not that anything is deflating, it's that vendors buy and sell rapidly. The more active the market is, the higher the gold revenue is going to be, even if it is the same gold being run through over and over again. Many vendors have their trading passes disabled, so they can no longer buy and sell, so the market is less active.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
What she did was stealing and will hurt the site more than helped it. She risked several other Gaia accounts that could have been banned. It was a stupid decision and Gaia will have to make up the $7,000 they lost in sales. That graph doesn't mean a thing. I've been watching the MP graph for awhile. It will continue to go up as long as gold generators are sold and nothing Gaians can do to stop it other than not buying that product. So it is just a minor deflation dip which has happened many times before. Gaia doesn't care about inflation and will continue to sell gold generators. My theory is that gold is being manipulated by Gaia HQ through gold generators to increase their Gaia cash sales. So why would they want to stop making money? By next month there will probably be a zillion gold gold generator and that is the action I see happening.

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
uh this isn't even real deflation. it's forced deflation only because gold has been frozen while the admins have to sort out this ********. the poor vendors and sellers who have their trading passes frozen from this mess still have their billions and trillions--the gold has only left the market temporarily. basically cause of what this a*****e did a bunch of gold is being held hostage because it's contaminated.

she didn't ******** help anyone.

in fact, she screwed a lot of people over. i don't care if they're rich users, they still got screwed over. and that is not fair to them. people have some sticks up their a** about vendors, i don't think they're always the nicest people on the site but god it's not like they make trillions of gold because they want to laugh at poor people or something. none of them deserved to be caught up in this bullshit and none of this ******** is good or helped anyone.

Unholy Mage

12,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Bookworm 100
I am so glad I'm not rich enough to have been caught up in all this. TBH I feel for the Gaia staff, someone's going to have to work overtime on a Monday to sort out this BS. (Is it monday over there? I can never remember the time difference.)

Rare

dude, that's one drop in an exponentially growing line. event gold sinks have caused a larger dip than that, and it's just going to keep increasing regardless.

plus, when those transactions get reversed all those vendors will just have that gold again. it's really, really doubtful that everything will inflate back to last year's levels ever again :/

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Fornicaters
i boned her
Fornicaters

That sounds like a nasty thing to do. What a shame.

also anyone she bought from or who bought from her or traded with her got all their trading passes frozen. they cannot buy or sell or trade anything, and a lot of them are vendors, so it sucks big time.

Devoted Heckler

emotion_facepalm

All that graph shows is stagnation.
Deflation only occurs when there is less gold to go around. Items dropping in price is not "deflation" either, that is why the whole concept of a "deflation RIG" is ridiculous. What's more is that total MP revenue has little baring on item prices - people are not necessarily selling for less just...less.

Victim

if everyone involved in this were banned that might cause a fair amount of deflation, because it seems like vendors control most of the site's gold
(i'm not saying i think they should be banned, just a hypothetical)

right now all it's just that the mp is dead

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces