Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Tactician

Does anyone else think it reminds them of Sword Art Online (first half)? xd

Ah. Gaia's been here for 10 years and I've only been here since 07. Still, makes me feel nostalgic when I first started using Gaia. Going to fishing just so I could chat with friends, getting started with zOMG and the Train station, getting flamed for posting conspiracy theories on an InuYasha chat thread... yeah, those were fun times. Even though most of my friends have moved on and I am no longer able to talk to them anymore, thank you Gaia, for the nostalgia. And a happy 10th anniversary to you! Cheers! cheese_whine

What about you all? Did the banner make you feel dem nostalgic feels?

EDIT: Sword Art Online is an anime, for those who don't know, based on rpgs reminiscent of Ragnarok Online (I haven't played it though)

2ND EDIT: Lulz so the general consensus is that "No, the header is based on Ragnarok, not on SAO"

Ey y'all, I wasn't in the RPG scene until I started playing zOMG. It was the only RPG I've ever played until I started playing some Gpotato RPGs. Even then, the first thing the header reminded me of was SAO, since it was the most recent thing that came to mind when I saw the header. Now then, tell me more about dem feels

I'm feeling very nostalgic, I've been here since the start and wow.. Those memories!

I miss all my old friends, they all moved on. And I also want to thank Gaia for these amazing memories, Gaia has been a big part of my youth/life.

4laugh heart

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Master Raiko Shono
Does anyone else think it reminds them of Sword Art Online (first half)? xd

Ah. Gaia's been here for 10 years and I've only been here since 07. Still, makes me feel nostalgic when I first started using Gaia. Going to fishing just so I could chat with friends, getting started with zOMG and the Train station, getting flamed for posting conspiracy theories on an InuYasha chat thread... yeah, those were fun times. Even though most of my friends have moved on and I am no longer able to talk to them anymore, thank you Gaia, for the nostalgia. And a happy 10th anniversary to you! Cheers! cheese_whine

What about you all? Did the banner make you feel dem nostalgic feels?

Ahah, SAO?
My mind immediately jumped to Luna Online.
I was amazed when I woke up this morning and saw it gonk <3 I wish it could stay that way forever ;-;
Joined in early 08 And I just have to say, wow. Gaia's changed a lot! I remember roleplaying 'till five AM, not wanting to leave my friends behind for my bed. Those were my nights back then, and when I was still questing stupidly expensive items. Aahhh, I thank Gaia for this nostalgia. It's so bittersweet.

Golden Gaian

I stopped being actively on Gaia in 2009/2010, but I still check in from time to time. All them feels when I saw the header. ;__;

Trash Witch

BIushe
I miss all my old friends, they all moved on.
It both amuses and unnerves me to think of how many clingy old persons must still linger here even after their once-compatriots headed off somewhere into life. But there's a certain satisfaction in being that clingy old person, too, I've experienced. Nostalgia tastes quite a lot like candyfloss. emotion_brofist

Happy Tenth!
Black Velvet Satin
BIushe
I miss all my old friends, they all moved on.
It both amuses and unnerves me to think of how many clingy old persons must still linger here even after their once-compatriots headed off somewhere into life. But there's a certain satisfaction in being that clingy old person, too, I've experienced. Nostalgia tastes quite a lot like candyfloss. emotion_brofist

Happy Tenth!

Haha indeed! My youth means alot to me, I find it hard to let things go. And Gaia has always kept me going when it comes to drawing. I wouldnt be where I am now without it. 3nodding

Happy 10th heart

Reveler

I wasn't around that early,
but it's nice to see where the site came from I guess?

I was a little surprised that the avatars in the headers use current items, not old ones. also that gaiatan wasn't featured?

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Am I the only one who thought Ragnarok?
Man, I'm getting old!

Well, I'm kinda am! I joined March 3rd 07', so that makes me a 4th Generation Gaian!

Gaia really has had an lasting impression on me over the years!
This was the place that thought me the important of not acting like a huge a** on the web.
Zomg was the first and only MMO that I really got into.
I learned to haggle, which is pretty cool in RL
etc etc etc

Here' to 10 years Gaia! May you have MANY more!

Smitten Kitten

I've been here since '04 and I love this old school look and feel. And the url!? Oh my god. I feel like a kid again!

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I remember seeing the picture a lot on a few discussions here in the GCD, but I'm a 4th-5th generation of gaian (main was created in February of 2008, and old account made on November of 2007)

Ruthless Shapeshifter

I kind of hearkens back to the time when I was playing Ragnarok Online and most of the really hip MMORPGs were of the 2D variety.

And Gaia tended to remind me of that before because of the
prominent use of the World Map here...which I miss by the way. XD

But the one thing that I really miss is the MC clues/riddles Gaia would release. Now it's just not as fun anymore D:

Sparkling Werewolf

Dat header! I feel like I'm sneaking on the computer when I shouldn't be again. It's brilliant, so many feels <3 Happy birthday, go-Gaia

Distinct Warlord

Wow, I spent 5 years in here?

I'm quite amazed. Congratz Gaia for yet anothe year of epicness.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff