Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

I voted for Mystery of the Stolen Sapphires. I think it has some male poses too.
But I have to admit I reallllly love this new Dark Heart recolor. I didn't think it was going to turn out as nice as it did.

Magical Librarian

51,525 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Asashikka
I compared Dark Heart and Lilac Heart (after being generously gifted one ahhh thank you amazing person)~ and found that the recolor is nicer up close!

I found the most impressive recolored poses were: the background and all of Desmona's poses.

The background was recolored as if it were dawn instead of the night one in the former. Desmona's Wicked Garments has distinct shading and is more pronounced than the original (.. which was black so that's easier to go without) and her Luxurious Overcoat's shaded well~ even the lace-like pattern got shaded! The contents in the cauldron is much more brighter, and for some reason, the pupils in her eyes shifted by a pixel. It's not a bad edit, but it was interesting to see.

At first, I thought the light witch's cream colors were replicated, but it turned out it was just brightened up, but it didn't pain my eyes to see it like that. The lilac is brighter than I thought so that part of the REI recolor looks mildly flat in comparison to the care that were to given to Desmona's poses.

Overall, I found this recolor to be pretty nice! It's most certainly a lot better than some of the flatly-colored recolors that appears to be released on a daily basis.
This pretty much sums up my feelings.

I voted for Dark Heart because it's the REI on that list I used the most, Trilune was second. I was worried because purple won (I voted teal) and the original was purple but now I feel better. I have to rearrange things to see what I can do with it in the future (because I have a few avatars planned out at the moment already).

Kujura's Other Half

Spicy Friend

36,175 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
I guess a unisex item would've been the better choice, BUT, the community did vote for Dark Heart in the end.
We gotta accept that.
I am a girl with a male Avi and it irks me as well, but it is as it is.
I bought one anyway, because I'm a sucker for backgrounds xD

petit faon's Bestie

Anxious Bookworm

I can't remember what the other options were but I definitely did not vote for Dark Heart. Never liked that REI, most certainly don't like the recolor.

Mega Noob

i don't really like it. sad it's very lackluster.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

I voted for Mystery of the Stolen Sapphires, but whatever I suppose.
The people voted, and they got what they wanted.

At least it's not pink.

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
I'm just surprised that we even got a quality recolor for a ton gold.☼

Leader

I don't like both of the items...

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

MadHatterzMouse
Asashikka
I compared Dark Heart and Lilac Heart (after being generously gifted one ahhh thank you amazing person)~ and found that the recolor is nicer up close!

I found the most impressive recolored poses were: the background and all of Desmona's poses.

The background was recolored as if it were dawn instead of the night one in the former. Desmona's Wicked Garments has distinct shading and is more pronounced than the original (.. which was black so that's easier to go without) and her Luxurious Overcoat's shaded well~ even the lace-like pattern got shaded! The contents in the cauldron is much more brighter, and for some reason, the pupils in her eyes shifted by a pixel. It's not a bad edit, but it was interesting to see.

At first, I thought the light witch's cream colors were replicated, but it turned out it was just brightened up, but it didn't pain my eyes to see it like that. The lilac is brighter than I thought so that part of the REI recolor looks mildly flat in comparison to the care that were to given to Desmona's poses.

Overall, I found this recolor to be pretty nice! It's most certainly a lot better than some of the flatly-colored recolors that appears to be released on a daily basis.
This pretty much sums up my feelings.

I voted for Dark Heart because it's the REI on that list I used the most, Trilune was second. I was worried because purple won (I voted teal) and the original was purple but now I feel better. I have to rearrange things to see what I can do with it in the future (because I have a few avatars planned out at the moment already).

I don't even remember what color I voted for. It might have been teal, blue, or brown.

I don't have too many purple/lilac items, so it'll take me some time before I find a combination that works. On the other hand.. I can see myself using the eyes a whole lot since that was partly the reason why I quested for a dark heart many months ago (when it was still reasonably attainable).

Still, it's a pleasant surprise to see someone else that thought positively of this recolor. It feels like a majority aren't too pleased with it. I hope this recolor does reasonably well for Gaia to consider adding a recolor REI global tier in a future kickstarter~

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
And now we have a monochrome version. stare

Does no one think that part of the draw of the original was that it was more than one colour? emotion_facepalm

Pure-hearted Werewolf

22,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
Not gonna lie, I despise lilac heart. Mainly due to the fact I hate both Dark Heart and most shades of purple. sweatdrop

Aged Fox

I got the recolor Dark Heart but only for the eyes. I love them.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Insane WereWolf
Not gonna lie, I despise lilac heart. Mainly due to the fact I hate both Dark Heart and most shades of purple. sweatdrop

At least in Dark Heart, the purple was subtle...

Magic Hobo

Well, I... I hate it a lot less than I could have? It's a pretty quality recolor, for something in the shops for pure gold. ... Then again, it's only barely different colors from the original... but if you wanted a static-priced chinatown knockoff of Dark Heart available in the gold shop, well! You lucked out, you overly specific ********.

It's a helluva lot nicer than the black and white one in the cash shop, anyway. lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff