Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

I've been lurking alot since I've came back from my hiatus and this has got the best of me now but what do people think of gaia now such as, is the market inflation becoming a real problem or are people really too materialistic with all this riggs etc.
But also because I've noticed alot of trends in the forums/subforums such as the Exchange chatterbox and The GD. There's alot of samey posts from almost the same person like there are not any big congregating groups only the same 10 people exchanging of posting which must mean people are either hanging else were or no ones talking.

Anyone care to fill me in with whats happening around gaia and what are the biggest changes on the social side and the virtual side (items, storylines etc) as I'm so far out of the loop right now.

Undead Enchantress

Gaia's population has really shrunk over the years. The people you see is the 10 or 12 die hard users and their 12 dozen mules talking to each other. It's an involved process and often they end up fighting themselves and hurling ad hominems of all things. Imagine how awkward it can get when one guy tells his own mule, "your mom!" Sounds like expensive and lengthy therapy in the making.

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

To the honest I agree with you there, it seems there's a lot more mules than gaians now, back when I was around before my hiatus there wasn't as many gaians but it was a lot more active in the ways of people in threads and sub-forums, I guess some people have moved on.

Fuui's Kouhai

Obsessed Worshipper

18,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
I blame facebook :<
The forums aren't as important as they used to be, I guess. As you mentioned with the market inflation, people are more interested in getting items rather than talking.

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

infure

Possibly right, I wish it wasn't true but maybe I'll have to accept it.

tindre

I do too and facebook is far worse least you can have something interesting conversations it which are on topic rather than pictures of nonsense and baby scans...(no offense to anyone)

7,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Partygoer 500
Catera
I've been lurking alot since I've came back from my hiatus and this has got the best of me now but what do people think of gaia now such as, is the market inflation becoming a real problem or are people really too materialistic with all this riggs etc.
But also because I've noticed alot of trends in the forums/subforums such as the Exchange chatterbox and The GD. There's alot of samey posts from almost the same person like there are not any big congregating groups only the same 10 people exchanging of posting which must mean people are either hanging else were or no ones talking.

Anyone care to fill me in with whats happening around gaia and what are the biggest changes on the social side and the virtual side (items, storylines etc) as I'm so far out of the loop right now.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this place looks terribly depressing compared to the old times. neutral Just came back a couple weeks ago and I've found pretty much the same issues you've mentioned here.

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

Infinituz

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this place looks terribly depressing compared to the old times. neutral Just came back a couple weeks ago and I've found pretty much the same issues you've mentioned here.
Mainly a ramble cause I ain't been back long but alot of people are saying the same so yeah sweatdrop This sucks.

Original Borg

11,300 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
I just ended my hiatus of 2 years...

And forums seem to be really empty. sweatdrop
I wonder what the population of Gaia is now.

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

I want to know where the population has gone and why it really isn't increasing, though o be honest all this pay for items crap isn't helping the economy or user base much is it. Can't compete with Facebook with transactions :/ they need to spice things up an being something new.

Reddel's Wife

Hot Wench

Infinituz
Catera

it is depressing. most of the people I would talk to are not on anymore and I only really have fun when there a zomg event...otherwise i'm just spamming away killing time.

Timid Poster

7,050 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pie Enabler 100
Das Portemonnaie

I just came back recently too. Gaia seems to be a much different place. The inflation doesn't really bother me because it seems to be much easier to gain gold now, you can easily get almost a million in a week or less. I kinda miss the old Gaia, but the world moves on and websites change a lot over ten years.

Original Borg

11,300 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
stormoftara
Das Portemonnaie

I just came back recently too. Gaia seems to be a much different place. The inflation doesn't really bother me because it seems to be much easier to gain gold now, you can easily get almost a million in a week or less. I kinda miss the old Gaia, but the world moves on and websites change a lot over ten years.
It seems like aging is bittersweet.

It's a little hilarious how the 10th anniversary event has dragged so many older Gaians back to the site, and all we do is reminisce about the good old days. x3

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

Das Portemonnaie
It seems like aging is bittersweet.

It's a little hilarious how the 10th anniversary event has dragged so many older Gaians back to the site, and all we do is reminisce about the good old days. x3
I actually didn't come back for the 10th anniversary I came back before that even happened and I actually missed all of that and didn't know about any of the events. I came back out the sheer fact I missed the people I talked to.

Ruthless Shapeshifter

User Image
I keep basically seeing the same users over and over again in the forums. XD It's kind of sad how there's only a very few of use left here. I think this is also because Gaia's been expanding a lot more in other directions and in social media.

Fcaebook games, Rally, Smart Phone games and even Towns 2. So what population Gaia does indeed have tend to be split amongst those other applications....

So in the end you kind of end up having those dedicated forum people hanging around the same areas. Although the CB still remains the hodge-podge of people it has always been though.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces