Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Cat

Ninja Katze
Fire 0ak
Ninja Katze

Congratz Katze your Helm is awesome, and those shoulderplates, just wow. My favs definitely the blue one but I may use the rainbow one from time to time. I'd be interested if you have more armor designs in mind.
Are you entering the Rainy Day one?

You should look at the original design if you like that, because they changed them a bit. The rainbow helms nose in not meant to be green and they changed some of the details completely ( all helms basic design, white chocolate instead of milk chocolate on the strawberry helm, changing color scheme on rainbow helm, omitting the golden waffle color in the mint helm for the dark chocolate, and even leaving the nose piece completely off the blue raspberry one. Whatevs, I still won, I'm not bummed but I did those things for a reason.

I do plan to do a rainy day entry but I need to think about it. I might go cultural, fantasy, or even just an item. I don't know yet, what do we not already have coat, umbrella, and boot wise?

Took a bit of hocus pocus, but for anyone wondering the precise differences.
I dont even think I saw all of them
Maybe i did.
Who knows
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Buggy Mage

Ninja Katze
Fire 0ak
Ninja Katze
Fire 0ak
Ninja Katze

Congratz Katze your Helm is awesome, and those shoulderplates, just wow. My favs definitely the blue one but I may use the rainbow one from time to time. I'd be interested if you have more armor designs in mind.

You should look at the original design if you like that, because they changed them a bit. The rainbow helms nose in not meant to be green and they changed some of the details completely ( all helms basic design, white chocolate instead of milk chocolate on the strawberry helm, changing color scheme on rainbow helm, omitting the golden waffle color in the mint helm for the dark chocolate, and even leaving the nose piece completely off the blue raspberry one. Whatevs, I still won, I'm not bummed but I did those things for a reason.

I do plan to do a rainy day entry but I need to think about it. I might go cultural, fantasy, or even just an item. I don't know yet, what do we not already have coat, umbrella, and boot wise?

That must be frustrating. I don't think they should've messed with your design. The only thing I could guess as to why they changed the Rainbow helms nose was maybe they thought it would blend in the with the red too much. I don't know why they felt it needed to be such a bold contrast. I honestly think it makes sense to have red on orange since its the natural order of colors in the rainbow. As for rainwear Im not sure. Maybe some thing futuristic or alien?(loves sci-fi styles whee ) Some avante garde fashion stuff looks pretty alien.lol

If you look at my design all the colors are arranged in order, and the red is a more magenta color to flow into the purple correctly... I wish they had not changed it, especially leaving the nose off the blue one that's just lazy.
I'm sorry. I wasn't critisizing I was just trying to understand what might have beeen going through their minds at the time. That was sorta messed up of them to leave the nose off the blue Raspberry helm. I sometimes wonder if they kinda view Cross Stitch submissions as direct competition.
New cute food items are always welcome. heart heart

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
Fire 0ak
Ninja Katze
Fire 0ak
Ninja Katze
Fire 0ak
Ninja Katze

That must be frustrating. I don't think they should've messed with your design. The only thing I could guess as to why they changed the Rainbow helms nose was maybe they thought it would blend in the with the red too much. I don't know why they felt it needed to be such a bold contrast. I honestly think it makes sense to have red on orange since its the natural order of colors in the rainbow. As for rainwear Im not sure. Maybe some thing futuristic or alien?(loves sci-fi styles whee ) Some avante garde fashion stuff looks pretty alien.lol

If you look at my design all the colors are arranged in order, and the red is a more magenta color to flow into the purple correctly... I wish they had not changed it, especially leaving the nose off the blue one that's just lazy.
I'm sorry. I wasn't critisizing I was just trying to understand what might have beeen going through their minds at the time. That was sorta messed up of them to leave the nose off the blue Raspberry helm. I sometimes wonder if they kinda view Cross Stitch submissions as direct competition.

No I know you weren't, I was just pointing the pattern out. The release date is strange to me, I think they put too much on their plates and rushed to get this done. We have had a lot going on this month, and Gaia seems to over stretch it's resources all the time. I hope they don't next time.

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
Lapin Lequesne
Ninja Katze
Fire 0ak
Ninja Katze

Took a bit of hocus pocus, but for anyone wondering the precise differences.
I dont even think I saw all of them
Maybe i did.
Who knows
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Go compare the rainbow one sweatdrop They do say they will interpret your design how they'd like to, but the blue helm is completely missing the nose piece.

Seasonal Shopper

Drawing
Existential Existence
today is a bad day for a sweet tooth.

also what is up with gaia including an almost full-body creature sweater with each crosstitch update. the animal costumes are weird XD

:c I like the animal sweaters!

All the items are so cute whee heart

You've inspired me to dress cute today whee

Distinct Explorer

FINALLY WE GOT THE UPDATE!
But yeaaah, I'm totally disappointed with it; the lack of quantity of items, and the fact that ((% of what er got, today is so floofy and things I avoid wearing on my avi. And I just don't like the only "masculine" armor item Gaia threw in. Sorry, whoever created it. It's just not my style, just like the frilly froufrous.

I just expected a LOT more items.

Team Diedrich

Congrats to the winners!

You'd think I'd have enough dessert based clothing as it is, but no, I want all of it. So, so cute!

Wolf

I only like gummy bear and headband.
I might like the shoes and bag..

Shy Kitten

8,425 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Junior Trader 100
I love new items.. I loved the gummy bear hoods and the headbands.. they are so freakin cute.. I also love the gown... I need to buy them...
congrats btw ninja katze for winning :3

about the rainy day contest.. I love the theme * o * heart

Inquisitor

19,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

well, there goes my savings.
these items are lovely! the dresses are my favourites, the deco-headbands a close second <3
shame this was the only shop update; i'd have liked to see some stuff in the other shops too. oh well.

rainy days, eh?
shame i can't draw, otherwise i'd totally enter something!

Cluttered Cutie-Pie

12,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Thread Flip 150
I abso-tootly friggin' love this update.
Normally I'm not a big fan of the items in CrossStitch, but wow!
It fits in nicely with my cream-puff aesthetics :3

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
CrossStitch is becoming Hot Topic meets a pastry shop sweatdrop

Tipsy Phantom

I love the kigurumi items, and the new decora head pieces. Everything in the store is so cute! (ノ*゜▽゜*)

Interesting Entrepreneur

11,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Invisibility 100
These items made my teeth hurt.

I think the winners were all very good or at least interesting choices and if someday I want to make a sugary sweet avi, I will at least know where to start.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff