Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Fox

So recently I found myself perusing through my inventory and having never really noticed before I spotted some Framed Gaia Artwork. I don't know why but I found myself needing to collect all of them. I started playing Jigsaw and earning some that way the rest I bought off the mp. Only two (7 & 30) of my collection elude me much to my dismay.

Now that I have these lovely artworks I decided I must show them off the best I can, so that inspired me to decorate my home as an art gallery. Of course I couldn't fit all the pieces in there but I do exchange them out every so often. Here's a link if any of you so choose to take a look.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/homes?user=3249098

Key points of discussion:

What types of collections do you have?
Are there certain items that you just have to every color of?
Do your collections influence other aspects of your gaian life?
And so on...

Tiny Pumpkin

Back when Swamp Orbs were like 1g-ish each, I collected over 300 of them.... ninja
Very pretty house by the way, I love yeti the most. whee

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
What types of collections do you have?
It's not exactly a collection, but, if an item is purple and I like it, it either ends up on my wishlist (for future shopping spree) or in my inventory.

The same happens with bunny-themed items and cherry ones 3nodding

Are there certain items that you just have to every color of?
Nope. Even if I like a particular set of items, I usually get them only when I need them in an avatar.

Do your collections influence other aspects of your gaian life?
My avatars! Almost all of them are either in purple or have a bunny or cherry item on them lol

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Maybe this doesn't exactly count, but I collect RIG bundles. I don't open them, I don't sell them. I just... kinda like having them there. Ditto for MCs. I'll buy them but never open or sell them. It makes zero sense. :/

Aged Fox

Munkey Bunkey
Back when Swamp Orbs were like 1g-ish each, I collected over 300 of them.... ninja

Oh wow 300 eek lol That is quite a lot. Do you still have them all or did you eventually send them all out in the vast world that is Gaia? And thank you very much. ^^

Dead Hellraiser

I collect food items. I've got a big majority of them too, just need to get around to getting the rest.

I also collect Burning Books. No reason, I just like collecting them.

Aged Fox

Bleeding Apocalypse
Maybe this doesn't exactly count, but I collect RIG bundles. I don't open them, I don't sell them. I just... kinda like having them there. Ditto for MCs. I'll buy them but never open or sell them. It makes zero sense. :/

I would most definitely say that counts. I never even thought of having a collection such as that. Pretty impressive. I wouldn't be able to did it. I sit there just looking at them as if they had a big red button on them that said Do No Push, and I'd tear into those suckers with big remorse.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Fox on Stilts
Bleeding Apocalypse

I would most definitely say that counts. I never even thought of having a collection such as that. Pretty impressive.

It actually bothers me if I miss a bundle, and I'll scramble to get the gold together to get one, even if it'll go forever unused. I have to organize them in order of release, too. I just like seeing those little squares in nice, neat order. They go after the MCs and before single-chance RIG instances from bundles but before other RIGs like the Revolution series or Adoption Certificates.

Tiny Pumpkin

Fox on Stilts
Munkey Bunkey

Oh wow 300 eek lol That is quite a lot. Do you still have them all or did you eventually send them all out in the vast world that is Gaia? And thank you very much. ^^
Nope they're in my mules stash lol lol

Slumbering Tengu

I'm collecting Cresento Valentines
I just purchased my 200th one today!!
buying them for 1k each

Yeah I'm probably the reason for their price hike sweatdrop
When I started collecting I'd only buy them at 300 gold or less
and there were like a ton of them available under that price tag
but with less of them out there I had to set my buy price a little higher
but I'm still pretty reasonable, I won't buy any higher
and they'll go down, they always do

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Catsss.
I probably have at least 80% of the Gaian cats..
So many cats.
I'm the self proclaimed gaian cat lady.

That's really my only collection.. heart

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Between 2009-2011 I was on a big NPC kick, Cresento and Sen in particular. I have most of the Gaia NPC items, including SDplus dolls (17 in all) and D*C clothing.

I also have all the Ciel-related items but I don't think that counts as crazy.

desupantsu's Waifu

Kawaii Blob

26,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
I inherited some collections from my ex
So i have 800 some G shades in the 3 colors.
and 50 some dead rat hats.
I never really understood why he collected them
and I dont really know what to do with all of them
haha

the only collections i did myself was i used to collect MCs
I have all of them for several years
but i gave up on it at the end of 2008.

now i only get the ones i like.

Perfect Pumpkin

I like Jack Uniform Pants. I collect them, but only when the prices drop back down to normal. Another thing I collect are Grab Bags. Unfortunately the only 3 I need seem to be extraordinarily rare.

Buggy Punk

If there's a strawberry on it, I need it. I also have star stuff (relating to Saiph and all) but I'm pickier about that.

And now I'm getting an itch for multiples of bee stuff thanks to Stinger. @_@

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces