Something to argue about! 0.097222222222222 9.7% [ 21 ]
Someone to stalk! 0.087962962962963 8.8% [ 19 ]
Um... doom? 0.44444444444444 44.4% [ 96 ]
Total Votes:[ 216 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Marsh_mystic
GAIA has the best forums in the world.
Neopets forums... poo.

You think Gaia OWNS these forums? There are tons of forums just like these! Heck my mom goes on a wine press one that is just the same!
The reason I am afraid Gaia will turn into "neopets" is not because ANY of the reasons you stated.

I realize that it is not the same *type* of site, but many of the SAME people FROM Neopets are coming here. It reflects on the experience, and then many start demanding new updates to be very similar to Neopets-related things, too.

Yes, it is a forum based site still NOW, but what about in two years, if millions of Neopet users invade here? And Gaia is actually a site where the admins LISTEN to the users. So, it could definitely change focus to games, or pets, etc. If the maturity level changes, and parents begin to whine that it's too provocative and take the admins to court, it could ALL change. We can't ever expect anything to stay the same, why think it will?
There's always a possibility for everything.
Neopets=Suxorz!

Gaia=Roxorz!

WAY Two Different things!
Hesperocyon
Morphine
Gaia is just too special.I think it should never be compared :3nod:

Of course! The battle system thing sort of worries me, though... There are so many other websites you can roleplay battling and leveling on. Why waste Gaia's bandwidth?

I agree completely
Personally I think Neopets will change in time. Different people now own it and when the old management starts phasing out (getting better jobs, moving on, etc.), they will probably pick different kinds of people to fill the space. I think that will eventually trickle down... Not that it's a big deal or that users will notice a major change for a few years; it's just the way of the world. I never really got the point of Neopets anyway. I think I'm having the same trouble with mmorpgs too, but that's another issue.

I really like Gaia, because it is a wonderful place to be social. I think that the gold scheme distracts us from this some of the time. I know I sometimes worry about gold and earning those three items I have my eye on, but I don't come here for gold and pixels; I could do that offline with some game. I think one of the things that makes Gaia so good is the fact that there are forums that any user can post in. There are guilds too for people to go be in smaller groups, but the forums allow for everyone to talk to each other. I also like that there are places you can go when you need to take a break from socializing, but they are not the main focus.
Alot of the websites are wrongly compared to gaia neopets happens to be one of them. Compairing gaia to other websites is like useing a bookslef as a freezer you just don't do it. 3nodding
BurningTheory
who cares? they are rather the same.

SAME: Chatboard, Maps, Stores, Games, Events, poll, Personal Shops, avis or "pets", friends, homes, battle system, merchendise, its free, mailing system, sponsors, guilds, journal

DIFFERENT:

Gaia: , donations
Neopets: Pets need food and fun, psp games/ mcdonalds toys

But yes, I do find neopets rather childish
BurningTheory
BurningTheory
who cares? they are rather the same.

SAME: Chatboard, Maps, Stores, Games, Events, poll, Personal Shops, avis or "pets", friends, homes, battle system, merchendise, its free, mailing system, sponsors, guilds, journal

DIFFERENT:

Gaia: , donations
Neopets: Pets need food and fun, psp games/ mcdonalds toys

But yes, I do find neopets rather childish

If the center audience of Gaia were younger, then yes, Gaia would become just like neopets.
Gaia is WAYYYYYYYYYYY different than neopets!I love Gaia and I love Neopets(im on Gaia more though)But they both have different things and different reasons to go on so they are SOOOooOOO different!
Hesperocyon
Morphine
Gaia is just too special.I think it should never be compared :3nod:

Of course! The battle system thing sort of worries me, though... There are so many other websites you can roleplay battling and leveling on. Why waste Gaia's bandwidth?
Yes but it has been taking such a long time to make the battle system so be diffrent from the others. I'm expecting something big. Gaia also already has gaia pets, but the don't have the stupid feature of having to take care of yopur avatar or pet. Thank God. Another diffrentce from Neopets and Gaia is a rather big one. Gaia is really more grown up, and fun. domokun
I have accounts with both, and I agree with the original poster of this thread in saying they ARE like comparing two different things. When I'm in the need of video games and doing cutsy fartsy things I can go to Neopia, but when I want intellectual conversations and the need to see my Kiki Kitty, then I come here. They both serve different and great purposes. Rock on!

domokun domokun domokun

Nick

Space Werewolf

Hesperocyon
Also, you can make money off of art "and such" on Neopets. What did you think I was talking about when I mentioned the focus on poetry and art galleries? And when you were on Neopets, did you completely miss the newspaper? It's full of user-submitted comics, stories, and articles. All the submissions for the galleries and newspaper earn the creators a fair amount of money.

...yes, but it has to be accepted first. You're not allowed to pay other people for art or layouts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff