Grawr, mini-rant!

ur stoopd!!!!!!!!!! 0.12037037037037 12.0% [ 26 ]
Something to read! o: 0.25 25.0% [ 54 ]
Something to argue about! 0.097222222222222 9.7% [ 21 ]
Someone to stalk! 0.087962962962963 8.8% [ 19 ]
Um... doom? 0.44444444444444 44.4% [ 96 ]
Total Votes:[ 216 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Comparing Neopets to Gaia, is like comparing the Super Nintendo to an XBOX.

Green Survivor

Selphine
Comparing Neopets to Gaia, is like comparing the Super Nintendo to an XBOX.
I don't get it.

Greedy Hunter

Many of you don't seem to get the focus of Neopets. Just because Neopets has a forum, that means you should judge Gaia and Neopets based solely on the forums? Neopets is not a chatting/conversation website, it's a game site, focused on the games.

Also, you can make money off of art "and such" on Neopets. What did you think I was talking about when I mentioned the focus on poetry and art galleries? And when you were on Neopets, did you completely miss the newspaper? It's full of user-submitted comics, stories, and articles. All the submissions for the galleries and newspaper earn the creators a fair amount of money. Even if you aren't an artist, you can play the games. Neopets and Gaia have different ways of earning money. Try spending more time exploring a website before forming a hard opinion.

And yes, Neopets has a lot of useless items, but then again, they're not avatar-related, are they? Neopets items and Gaia items => toasters and kiwis.

If you like Gaia better, then say Neopets isn't your kind of site. Need a closer analogy than kiwis and toasters? How about MMORPGs and TV episode archives? Oh, PhantasyRPG totally pwns TV Tome! PhantasyRPG has a much better welcome page!
-websites (or features of certain websites) that are justly or unjustly compared to Gaia (Magivolve, etc.)

Well, you know how people are, there are always someone who disagrees. Which means that we can worry what we want about comparing the infamous gaia or neopets, Neopets is just so... immature and I do think it s a terrible place for just converstations yet neopets has all kinds things to do. Which is probablity why that they don't like neopets but, I once was in neopets

-your opinions on those websites

Neopets sucks, I admit it, they always had crappy depressed people wanting items and cybering or looking for relationships, neopets is annoying, all you can get gold is by games and battling talk2hand That just suck.
Gaia is so much better, almost EVERYTHING you do gets you gold, isn't that great?? You can do anything you want to get gold, and the people in gaia are WAY better. To be honest, gaia would be better without those people in chatterbox. But anyway Gaia is great, Neopets suck.

Btw, the battling system isn't about pets fighting, I hear they are going to be classes, for instance, Witch/Wizard class, its going to be different.

Greedy Hunter

Taroux
-websites (or features of certain websites) that are justly or unjustly compared to Gaia (Magivolve, etc.)

Well, you know how people are, there are always someone who disagrees. Which means that we can worry what we want about comparing the infamous gaia or neopets, Neopets is just so... immature and I do think it s a terrible place for just converstations yet neopets has all kinds things to do. Which is probablity why that they don't like neopets but, I once was in neopets

Neopets sucks, I admit it, they always had crappy depressed people wanting items and cybering or looking for relationships, neopets is annoying, all you can get gold is by games and battling talk2hand That just suck.
Gaia is so much better, almost EVERYTHING you do gets you gold, isn't that great?? You can do anything you want to get gold, and the people in gaia are WAY better. To be honest, gaia would be better without those people in chatterbox. But anyway Gaia is great, Neopets suck.

Btw, the battling system isn't about pets fighting, I hear they are going to be classes, for instance, Witch/Wizard class, its going to be different.

This is not about disagreeing opinions, this is about people ignorantly forming one. You are judging Neopets by the forums. Did you even read the first paragraph? Neopets is not about the forums. It seems you think Neopets sucks because you like talking to people. You don't care about other features and you think your tunneled view on it is reasonable?
Hesperocyon
Taroux

This is not about disagreeing opinions, this is about people ignorantly forming one. You are judging Neopets by the forums. Did you even read the first paragraph? Neopets is not about the forums. It seems you think Neopets sucks because you like talking to people. You don't care about other features and you think your tunneled view on it is reasonable?
I do think of neopets just a game, but whats the point in games?? Pointless. but hey, it doesn't really matter, everyone's opinion is different and there is no right or wrong opinions... talk2hand so I however do not want to fight over it.
I Personally dont like Neopets anymore. When I joined they were a small, adorable little community where everyone knew each other and there were few shops, ect ect. Then it began to get bigger. It made us harder for us to get food for our pets(though after awhile we learnt nothing happened if they werent fed. rofl ). Then it got all these stupid stories, ect ect.
You can't even say anything that can be taken sexual..even joking!
Neopets turned into a little kids site. sad I love my lupes.. and I still go on once in awhile.. But I like Gaia better. Some cute games to play, a huge messenging system, clothes, stuffed animals, avis...Gaia's just Better. o__o
The reason why people compare the two is that their both online communities.With the same idea of people doing stuff over the internet.(just my opinion just ignore me))
Hesperocyon
Why do people compare Neopia to Gaia? "HONOEZ Gaia pets are going to make Gaia like Neopets!" "OMFG Neopets is such a horrible, horrible place!" What are you talking about?! Neopets is a freaking game/contest site! Not a big message forum! Neopets was never even intended to be a link list, nor any kind of haven for fans of pre-existing media. It's amazing how someone could miss the major focus on the storytelling contests, poetry and art galleries, wars, and huge game room.

Comparing Neopets to Gaia is like comparing kiwis with toasters. You can't say one particular object is better than the other because they have different purposes. You might say you'd rather have a piece of fruit than a kitchen appliance, however...

>I also heard complaining about Neopets recently "selling out". I guess that person completely ignored the most important part of the announcement: IT WILL NOT AFFECT THE SITE AT ALL.

Intended discussion:

the only thing gaia has that neopets dont, is SLOTS!!!!
(sorry im really hooked on those, since i get bunch of gold selling all my tickets, lol)
Death_Night_Wolf
I Personally dont like Neopets anymore. When I joined they were a small, adorable little community where everyone knew each other and there were few shops, ect ect. Then it began to get bigger. It made us harder for us to get food for our pets(though after awhile we learnt nothing happened if they werent fed. rofl ). Then it got all these stupid stories, ect ect.
You can't even say anything that can be taken sexual..even joking!
Neopets turned into a little kids site. sad I love my lupes.. and I still go on once in awhile.. But I like Gaia better. Some cute games to play, a huge messenging system, clothes, stuffed animals, avis...Gaia's just Better. o__o

i also sometimes go on, i only have 3 reasons to go on there, games, friends, and my guild, thats the only reason i go there, but yes i use to be more into neopets, but after it be came more of a kids site, i left

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
GAIA has the best forums in the world.
Neopets forums... poo.
Gaia is good because people are more well talkative and your alowed to curse all you want. Neopets is kid friendly and has just lots of games to vegg with. Either way I like to play both, Because im a lamo.

Sparkly Leaf

Agreed. I am definatly delighted to hear someone speak up on the issue. I can't stand it when people start to whine like 3 year olds on how neopets is so stupid, gaia rocks bla bla bla. I actually enjoy both sites because they are different and keep me occupied.

Fashionable Explorer

7,700 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
The difference is in what the main part of the site is: For Gaia it is mainly the forums, as you have to go on the forums to do anything really interesting, other than the games. On Neopets, I never went into the forums, and made plenty of NP anyways. On there, it's more of a game emphasis, and the pets are very important. On Gaia, having an avatar doesn't really matter so much as having a pet on Neopets.
Wow, I never saw a board like this before.
When people compare these two totally different websites, they mostly compare how it fuctions and stuff, I guess.
I came from neo, and I still go on there once in a while, I can't say either site is better than the other ^^;. They both have their good qualities.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff