Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi out there, GCD! Whether or not Loyal's Grab Bag has proved to be an effective gold sink, it has managed one thing. It has brought the community together. People are sinking gold like crazy and being especially kind to one another.

Examples:
People offering to buy singles or bundles for those who aren't Loyal members.
People trading items from the grab bags for ones they want.
People gifting away unwanted items so people who do want them can have them.
Peope gifting singles or 5-packs to others who can't get in the shop or just for the heck of it.

So what do you think, GCD? Have you seen any of this activity? Have you been a lucky recipient or a gifter? Do you think this is helping the community spirit that's been so low recently?

Loyal Kitten

I bought a whole bunch of bundles and gave away all of my duplicates. I've even got a couple items too from some wonderful users.

All and all it's been amazing. It's brought out the best in our community and it's wonderful! I hope Gaia does more of these more often because not only is it fun to open the bundles but it's fun to give them away too. And the items are pretty awesome. 4laugh This has been fantastic.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
It's been AWESOME, people gave me lots of Grunnies!

I'm going to collect a mazillion of them.

Sugary Bunny

19,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
I spent so much gold on those grab bags but I love everything I got! I love the rainbow of rabbit ears and pastel grunnies! As well as the nice 4 pairs of wings I got heart
I been giving some stuff to people who didnt have them or cant get into loyals

Enduring Hero

I've been a lucky recipient since I wasn't able to get my hands on the grey cherubim wings-- but someone gifted me them, and i'm really happy. ;v; They'resobeautiful.
And an anon also gave me a grunny. I have no idea why but nevertheless, do like it and it's wonderful.

It does help the community spirit that has been low in my opinion. 'Cuz in that thread I see lots of gifting, chatting, and other wonderful stuff happening.

Diamond Senshi

26,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Object of Affection 150
I gave away ~30 items that I got that I had duplicates of from the GB. I also received gifts of ones that I didn't get from the bag. Everyone was helping each other find what they wanted. It was amazing! So many people showing the love! heart It's things like this that keep me here on Gaia. It's proof this site isn't dead just yet. blaugh
Bunny-Lolita-Chan
I spent so much gold on those grab bags but I love everything I got! I love the rainbow of rabbit ears and pastel grunnies! As well as the nice 4 pairs of wings I got heart

Whoa, four pairs of wings??? That's fantastic! How did you manage that one?
dotSei
I've been a lucky recipient since I wasn't able to get my hands on the grey cherubim wings-- but someone gifted me them, and i'm really happy. ;v; They'resobeautiful.
And an anon also gave me a grunny. I have no idea why but nevertheless, do like it and it's wonderful.

It does help the community spirit that has been low in my opinion. 'Cuz in that thread I see lots of gifting, chatting, and other wonderful stuff happening.

It makes you feel like there are people out there and that the community still exists, despite the cash push.

Enduring Hero

Kylie Bell
It makes you feel like there are people out there and that the community still exists, despite the cash push.
In a nutshell, yeah. =v=)b

Sugary Bunny

19,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Signature Look 250
Kylie Bell
Bunny-Lolita-Chan

Whoa, four pairs of wings??? That's fantastic! How did you manage that one?

I spent like 50 mil on grab bags LOL
I did have 5, but sold one to buy more grab bags haha. Its all good though Im not questing and this is so much fun!

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Everyone's been so incredibility generous with helping me finish my wing collection. I did have a tendency to get doubles of the really wanted ones like the peach and light blue so that probably helped.

I opened about 100+ of those grab bags. Mostly to sink the gold I had hanging around on a mule from those mostly gold/item generators. And I gave all my extras away like crazy last night.
xcrimsonlegendx
It's been AWESOME, people gave me lots of Grunnies!

I'm going to collect a mazillion of them.

Haha, you must be in grunny heaven! Though with this many new grunnies on the site, and everyone (or so it seems) equipping a few, I'm kind of afraid for our heads! Easter 2k14... return of the Grombie.

Familiar Citizen

11,000 Points
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
I've been really enjoying it. For me, the gold doesn't matter; it's the sense of doing something with people who are having fun. Reminds me of some of the events of old. It;s nice to feel that again 3nodding
memyselfiamweird
I've been really enjoying it. For me, the gold doesn't matter; it's the sense of doing something with people who are having fun. Reminds me of some of the events of old. It;s nice to feel that again 3nodding

Ah ha! You are the person who gifted me the grunny! Thank you again!

Time-traveling Senshi

A lot of people have said they'd be the middle man for any item in Loyal's shop since it came out. Some will require a buyer's fee but a lot of them have said they'd do it for no extra cost. It's been a godsend to those who are very confused about the way the site counts their days logged in Vs. the number of days left until they can get into the shop. It's that generosity and willingness to help that really makes the site worth being on lately.

I haven't bought any of the grab bags but I've been watching the prices for the items on the marketplace and checking the grab bag thread watching all the people who are trading items with each other and buying directly off people in the thread. It's really nice to see the community be civil with one another and not at each other's throats all the time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff