Welcome to Gaia! ::

In light of an entirely new language created and appropriated by many of the new members (or just plain silly members) of Gaia, I have to decided to go into the world of the chatterbox, to translate this new language so that the more verbally refined can better communicate with the more verbally.... creative. Here are my findings so far.

Clickeh---- translates to------ Click

Teh Sechs or Teh Seks -------- translates to----- the most sexy

Teh--- translates to------- the

Meh---- translates to----- me or I depending on usage

pengies----translates to----- i believe a distant form of the word penguins

Buttsechs----- translates to ------- a**l intercourse

Bumpeh, Bumpith, Bumpeth----- translates to----- Bump

leik---- translates to----- like

curz, cos, coz---- translates to---- because

Punctuation:

Punctuation in this language consists mostly of.....

LOL!!!!!
LMFAO!!!!!
OMFG!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!

These articles are placed at the end or beginning of every sentence in no particular order. Here is and example of a common phrase....

LiKe!!! OMFG!!!! LOL!!!!! i NeEd sOmE GoLd!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!

Exclamation points are used in large quantities to accent the excitement and high energy levels of the speaker.... I am working on a new theory that the use of these exclamations are absolutely frivilous.

The writing style consist of a capital followed by a lower case. This is a mystery I have not yet solved.
There is little or no use of apostrophies.

That is all of my findings so far. If you find any more translations, feel free to post them here.
I have to agree it's sometimes hard to understand what they say in the chatterbox. However, as long as those illiterate people stay in the chatterbox and do not infest the rest of the community I won't complain.
Thank you very much for that next time i feel the urge to find a sharp implyment when talking to noobs i will stop and think and say"Only noobs would be dumb enough not to be able to use english" and stab them anyway...
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4461411

And it wasn't even funny...

If you really feel the need to differentiate yourself from noobs, do so by showing opposite behaviour, not just flaming all of them. That is, if you're able of doing this.
Yes well instead of using the over stated why not go for the cliche and say you wee noobs once
[unmentionable]

If you really feel the need to differentiate yourself from noobs, do so by showing opposite behaviour, not just flaming all of them. That is, if you're able of doing this.

How could this be a flame? It must be the nicest flame ever. If you consider this a flame, then you must be easily offended.
Ax_kidson
Yes well instead of using the over stated why not go for the cliche and say you wee noobs once

course, the more senciable of us were not like that. then the ones who were noobs once, learnt and strived toward better things.
I am not flaming anyone for anything. I simply stated that I am happy because the illiterate people do not come to places like ED in masses.
alicelights
Ax_kidson

course, the more senciable of us were not like that. then the ones who were noobs once, learnt and strived toward better things.

yes... well put, my dear.
It's sad that we need a translation for the n00b language. I've lost all faith in humanity for the 30th time now.
alicelights
Ax_kidson

So very true but i have to admit that Noob on ocasion need to be said Stop that messing about and learn to do whats right.. i got to admit if i hadn't been flamed when i first started chatting i would stil be a noob
[unmentionable]

Dude calm down, I think he's just having a laugh. He's not flaming anyone.
Rikoro
[unmentionable]

Dude calm down, I think he's just having a laugh. He's not flaming anyone.

Thank you. This thread is innocuous really. I hope no one makes too big of a deal about it.
It is rather a shame I think. The illiteracy of the Youth today. I like to think that my own children can use language to their advantage. It is key to be able to express yourself. Language is Freedom! Without it we are bound to mere actions and babbling. None of it makes sense! Take action and free yourself from illiteracy. What good is language if even if in your own language it needs to be translated? Your statement needs to be heard and understood!

That is all I have to say.
Solvent_Paragon
[unmentionable]

How could this be a flame? It must be the nicest flame ever. If you consider this a flame, then you must be easily offended.

It's funny how you seem to have all kinds of arguments against the terminology I use, and manage to completely ignore the content and message of my post.

Wait, no, that's not funny.

And it is a flame, if a very indirect an non-specific one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff