• Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Stemcell Typhon
Sinsario
A mali
Vampires...age?

Gaia vampires do.
In the old mangas and flashbacks Vladmir went from having just brown hair (AND A LONELY MUSTACHE) to having white hairs and a beard.
Also Ian and Louie.

Also it would be pretty lame if that happened but I won't terriubly mind

This begs the question, though, of whether the changes in design were intentional in order to assert that Gaia's vampires function differently from usual vampire fiction tropes, or just lapses in design recurrent in the Gaia world (so-and-so was asked to design this guy, I'm now assigned to draw something using this guy, crap I can't find the reference material, deadline is yesterday, well whatevs I'll just improvise)

Edmund's beard has changed from white to brown and white again, so that's definitely possible.

Or they might have drawn him looking younger without even considering the implications.

Really, what it all comes down to is that picking apart the manga is never a good idea because continuity errors abound as it is.

Cursed Battler

Actually, I am more inclined to believe that the vampire everyone is speaking of is... him. He's also cursed.

Look familiar?

User Image

Generous Millionaire

10,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Soul Remnant

Actually, I am more inclined to believe that the vampire everyone is speaking of is... him. He's also cursed.

Look familiar?

User Image

I can see it.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Dezzenotith
dreamsk
One vampire to daddy them all?

If you go back to the original lore, Vlad the Impaler was the first vampire, so yeah. Pretty much.

Anywho, I find this theory interesting. It would make sense, whether I agree with it or not, as Gaia likes to tie their plots into those of past events.
He was a crazy/paranoid guy that killed many of his own people. emo

Tipsy Lunatic

Soul Remnant

Look familiar?

User Image

I completely forgot that this guy existed....

If this October had a Fridat the 13th then I would find this completely believable.
As is I don't really believe it's him. Since he's a once off NPC.

Deadly Poster

5,950 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm going out on a long shot and say that:
The Undead Suitor

should be who we look at.

Exhibit A: Same color Hair.

Exhibit B: He wears glasses so we won't see his eye color!

Exhibit C: Scarring on his face denotes a struggle (flight from his executioner?)

Exhibit D: His name, "The Undead Suitor".

Exhibit E: His title: Sex Symbol (I'd swoon. <3)

Anyway, in all Seriousness, I can't really see it. besides, Vlad is already dead, what's the point in him being a part of the story? and I believe that Louie was actually an innocent bystander, with Edmund being the initial target.

Of course, I could be wrong, we haven't gotten to the end of the manga updates yet.

BTW: I meant no disrespect to The Undead Suitor; I was just adding to the mass hysteria speculation.

Questionable Bunny

11,750 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Cold Earl Grey
I'm going out on a long shot and say that:
The Undead Suitor

should be who we look at.

Exhibit A: Same color Hair.

Exhibit B: He wears glasses so we won't see his eye color!

Exhibit C: Scarring on his face denotes a struggle (flight from his executioner?)

Exhibit D: His name, "The Undead Suitor".

Exhibit E: His title: Sex Symbol (I'd swoon. <3)

Anyway, in all Seriousness, I can't really see it. besides, Vlad is already dead, what's the point in him being a part of the story? and I believe that Louie was actually an innocent bystander, with Edmund being the initial target.

Of course, I could be wrong, we haven't gotten to the end of the manga updates yet.

BTW: I meant no disrespect to The Undead Suitor; I was just adding to the mass hysteria speculation.

best post

this thread can be closed now

you caught me

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Holy ******** guys... I just noticed something that blew my mind...
That vampire? He has some facial features of a young Edmund.
Edmund was the only one to know how to deal with the vampires in the '07 event. Informing us of the secrets of Wolfsbane.
Edmunds eye color is... Well in most images it seems either black or brown... but in this one...
User Image
Grey, I think. Supposing maybe a vampire?
There's also the mystery of "how the hell does his sword harm vampires".

Now guys, I still believe the Vlad is the vamp theory but... I think I might have just opened up a whole new can of worms here. We know NOTHING about Edmund's past, and he's pretty old now...

I keep comparing this image to the vampire in page 8 and... I'm just.. my god.

Deadly Poster

5,950 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Undead Suitor

you caught me

*Wipes off hands and produces a microphone*

Well then Mister Suitor, Now that we've finally discovered the truth behind the matter, Care to tell us what your plans are now? With Don Kuro out for blood you might be next on his agenda!

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Pirate Captain Sushi
Edmund was the only one to know how to deal with the vampires in the '07 event. Informing us of the secrets of Wolfsbane.
Edmunds eye color is... Well in most images it seems either black or brown... but in this one...
User Image

Now guys, I still believe the Vlad is the vamp theory but... I think I might have just opened up a whole new can of worms here. We know NOTHING about Edmund's past, and he's pretty old now...

Except that picture is in kind of a different art style than Edmund is usually drawn...

Picking apart facial features is a terrible idea when the manga's had so many artists and the art is so inconsistent.

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Lazarus Larkin
Pirate Captain Sushi
User Image

Except that picture is in kind of a different art style than Edmund is usually drawn...

Picking apart facial features is a terrible idea when the manga's had so many artists and the art is so inconsistent.

Eh, theory was doomed to fail at the start.
I suppose I was just wanting something... I don't know... bigger.

I wanted Shaq, but I got Jong Il. If you know what I mean.

Fashionable Hunter

And here I was convinced it was Vlad's hip older brother, Brad, who started this mess. Brad the Inhaler... *shifty eyes* Yeah...

Fashionable Streaker

13,900 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The Drunken Jester
Soul Remnant

Look familiar?

User Image

I completely forgot that this guy existed....

If this October had a Fridat the 13th then I would find this completely believable.
As is I don't really believe it's him. Since he's a once off NPC.

heh the fish was just a body guard item tell of recent.

Elfin Guildsman

Hell_Tutor
XiaDoh-Ichii
Now this asks a very important question. WHy does he age? Also he is similar to Zhivago in that they both recieved scars.

All of them age.
Maybe Vlad was hundreds of years old but if his kids half vampires or full pledged vampires, doesn't matter. If they age so can he.
The moment you have a vampire able to get someone pregnant, you can't say he's undead.
Unless we have a manga update called Boner of the Dead that makes it canon in Gaia that it is possible for zombies, skeletons and vampires (and ghouls and ghosts) to get their freak on with each other/ the living.

Maybe this " curse " that the new manga talks about explains why Von Helson and his family age, while Cordell and Don Kuro have stayed the same for the past 800 years.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff