Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Champion

My three staples right now seem to be

Brown / Creme (Ivory)
Navy / Brown / Creme
White / Angelic Blue / Gold

I'm about a year late for the brown / creme trend it seems, I am just starting to build my avatar's wardrobe with that now.

Wild Bookworm

I'm a big fan of the newer rose and dusty blue colours, and anything off-white, cream, soft or "old" gold, peach, pale yellows, soft greens...pastels mostly but not harsh pastels, if you know what I mean. I also like anything steampunk - copper and bronze and rust and so on, and black and white combos.
Very not fond of primary colours usually, except as accents or maybe in backgrounds for contrast. I really dislike orange and most hard greens and bright gold.
I like challenging color combos, like shades of gray or blues that aren't exactly "checkmate blue".

Kawaii Phantom

14,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Much as I don't like to admit it, I like to wear the red/black combo.
There is always an item out there that looks good in these colors (most of which is also very cheap).
I also like green and blue which I tend to incorporate in my outfits very often.
Cream, orange and real yellow are also great colors. Too bad that they're so rare and most of the time, super expensive. crying
Purple, black and pink combo are my go to look when I want to go goth/edgy.
I hate monochromatic colors and I also hate the all black look.
They just look so...bland and most of the time, outfits in black & white or fully black look terrible.

Colors I'd like to see more on this site:
- More solid navy.
Not navy paired up with white, silver, gold, bronze, whatever, just...navy.
I prefer to combine navy with cream, but it's impossible to find items in navy that don't come with a hint of other colors incorporated in the look.
- We also need more orange, but unfortunately, they way I see it this color will always be paired up with black and will only appear around Halloween. stare
I've wanted to make a nice pink and orange avi for ages now, but solid orange items are scarce.
- More. Freaking. Yellow!!

Color combos I want to see more people use on the site:
Well, anything other than monocromatic, black and red, white and any color, black and any other color, pastel.
I want to see more yellow and pink avi's.
I have one and it is the cutest thing ever!

Tiny Shapeshifter

Red, black, and a bit of white are my go-to colors for the most part, especially when it deals with male avatars. These days though, I've been trying to experiment with other colors since Gaia has improved in recoloring items. Will be moving a bit away from the darker palettes to the lighter palettes, but I will most likely be switching between the two depending on the mood.
I love green.
I love to combine different Greens and I love the Color Tea Green to match the Hair I'm almost always wearing.
I like to combine it with black and brown. ^-^

pastels and earth tones
              esp baby blue~.

Fashionable Noob

11,625 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
As far as Gaia is concerned, I tend to find myself favoring white and blue or black combined with rich, vibrant colors like emerald green, sapphire blue, or ruby red. I also like gold with gem tones. I don't often find myself wearing brown or grey though. Or brown and orange.

Conservative Genius

32,750 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
I like most color combinations. I decorate my avi so that I have a variety of color choices to choose from.

Muzeu's Wife

Magical Girl

14,725 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
OH MAN LET'S SEE
I'll just name some I tend to use whenever....[[ok so, like, i'm sorry for the large paragraph LOL]]

Off the bat, I'm just gonna throw out there that no matter the colour scheme, I love using the mini headwings/headbows to balance the use of each colour out *V*

Black/Cream/White (by cream I mean the shade of cream used in Little Lucie, idk why but I love coming back to that even though it's pretty damn hard finding matching shades outside of the little lucie items...rosamund's yearning matches though so between the two sets I can usually muster something up; although, that's why I use the white - there's not enough legitimate cream on this site that fits the category/look of the Little Lucie sleeves/skirts and the Rosamund stuff)

White/Off-White (The colours I use the most, tbh XD I find them the easiest to use, surprisingly enough; depending on the outfit, I tend to throw in touches of silver; thankfully, quite a bit of the silver items on the site are in the same shade. The April birthstone necklace is pretty cheap and adds a little sparkle to many of my outfits, and I love using the debutante crown whenever I can [it just sucks because it doesn't layer with very many items])

Gold/Red/Black (hnnggg why is the gold-ish hue of Bound Warlock kinda hard to come by? Actually it's probably closer to bronze...but I swear some 'golds' are more orange than they are gold and it sucks. Gold is such a nice colour to throw in as accents but that nice, rich gold is very, very hard to come by, I find. Silver is much more easier to incorporate, which sucks because sometimes gold is what works the best and I hate having to settle for silver hngg)

Off-White/Black (This actually can be tricky because I hate it when all the shades of an outfit don't match and there's several different shades of both these floating around...Though if you give it enough time, it's not as hard as I'm making it out to be LOL. Balancing the two in an outfit without a third colour is a bit hard for me, though, and I'm still working on it >> [as proven by the last colour scheme I mention])

Brown/Light-Brown/White/Off-White (This is mostly for the casual stuff Gaia releases, as supposed to the elegant/fancy stuff; e.g. Autumn Days and, like, the Sketchbooks [of course, just the original/a FEW of items recolours], oh! And the 'Portrait of a...' items ;u ;!! I'm kind of pulled away from the autumn look as of late, but I love going back to the cardigans and the ankle boots the site's released in the last couple of months)

Red/Off-White (I tend to use a deep red more often than a brighter red, but I lovelovelove working with red despite how little of it I own, sadly LOL. I finally got my hands on a Garnet Millennium last night, and couldn't make an outfit with it orz. Its a WIP, I guess, but I'll figure it out 8D)

Black/Silver/Off-White (This one I started using purely because of Rose Legend's colour scheme, and it quickly turned into one of my favourites [maybe bc of how easy it is to come by items that match LOL] butbutbutttt the silver is always a great finishing touch, and the off-white helps balance the outfit out bc otherwise it would just be all black with touches of silver [which isn't bad but] also bc the rose legend legmod has touches of white on it, and that has to be used again SOMEWHERE in the avi Bl)

I also tend to stay away from the awkward shades that Gaia likes putting out (some of the greens), and I don't ever use orange. ; O ; Orange or green, really, but sometime I'll make an exception for green. I also really dislike the bright gold(?) that some of the older items have (e.g. The Sandman D8 It's my most FAVE item but that gold and that red....nothx I'll stick to the hair).

Pastel colours are also a lot of fun to work with, but I find I can't make 'em look as good as others do so I tend to stay away from them LOL orz. I also love the dusty rose Gaia puts out a lot, it's quite nice to use with off-white/white 8D

redface
I think I went overboard...
EDIT: I'm such a dweeb omg I'M SORRY GUISE I WENT BACK AND ADDED SOME MORE OPINIONATED CRAP //runs

Enduring Spirit

The checkmate blue with either black or white. One of my favorite combos. As well as red/black, gold/white, cream/brown, green/brown. I dabble in different color combos, but those mentioned are ones I really like to use.

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
Keshiboo

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

don't be sorry! long paragraphs are my favorite, haha. it shows you put a lot of thought in the topic!

very nice color combos! I agree about not enough of the gold Bound Warlock has... I LOOOOOVE that item but I can only really get it to match with the Rosamund pink/black items, since they have a similar gold. As much as I personally love the Rosamund color scheme, I'd love to be able to use the black/gold another way :c (also, I'm not completely sure Bound Warlock is the item I'm talking about. It's either that one or the recolor! xP either way it's black and gold)

it's really hard to find consistent gold items in general. I don't like gold as a main color, but I love it as an accent. Empress Cotton is one of my favorite items on Gaia, but it's SO difficult to match the gold it has... it's like... brighter than the warlock item, but not so bright that it can be paired with the more yellowy kinds of gold... ;o;

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
I'm a huge fan of light purple/light teal like divided stars. But they rarely come out with items that have those particular colors. Plus the texture of Divided Stars is outdated. But it's still one of my favorite colors and I have a default avatar saved that uses it.

Recentry I've become a fan of black, gray and dark purple. Always on the lookout for a better version of my current hair.

Vannequin's Senpai

Dead Potato

51,450 Points
  • You Thought.. 500
  • not released 500
        Lately I've been doing a lot of all black avis, and maybe with grey to white details.
        Throughout my Gaian life I've used black with anything or white with anything. I'm almost positive I've never made an outfit devoid of black or white.
        Color scheme I like to use a lot is b&w (shocking!) sometimes with one accent color, black and Saturn purple, black and yellow, and I really love pure white and ivory but I seldom use it because it's hard for me to work.

I'd really, really, really love to see more yellow. To be honest I'm not particularly fond of the yellow they've been using (see Shadow Fighter, Wasteland Brute, etc.). I think it's a little too bright, it occasionally hurt my eyes, and I think that particular shade of/the way they pixilate that yellow doesn't work well with over half the items that get that color scheme. But yellow is my favorite color, and I've always thought it was under appreciated (both on and off Gaia), so I'll take what I can get.
        If I could have my way, we'd get softer, pastel yellows (Lucid Lucie and Sweet Angelic Bride) and not-blindingly-vivid yellows like the bow in Princess of Neptune and sweater in Jittery Jill.

Queen Majo's Wife

Combative Gaian

Right now I'm just wearing outfits with the navy/creme scheme, because it fits my hair so well u_u and I'm unlikely to change the wig.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff