Welcome to Gaia! ::

HeIIraiser
Krampus also has cloven hooves.
:3

What's wrong with the devil anyway?

Is that a serious question?

The bible says he wants you to go to a place of torture and torment... ******** Satan.
Black Gabriel
britt1110
. Besides, Gaia and Nyx are greek goddess so why would they add something christian...?

EDIT: I went back to the manga, and on page 5 you can see that Nyx has some kind of hoof foot.

Well, they kind of have -- Overseer and the Sentinel sorta represent our God and Satan, although they're currently powerless and earthbound in the story, and the implication has always been that they're newcomers to the game, and there are bigger, badder Godthings then them out there.

Anyways, it's freaking Carl, who we've always known there's something ******** up about.

They they were more Eastern Yin-Yang symbolism... With Western modernization of devil-like and angelic-like looks...

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
OMG

Guys...

Guys, what if Carl is Satan? emotion_awesome

Stellar Succubus

And everyone knows satan is a cat. Come on. Pink floofy cat ultra satan.

They'd be cat paws.

Man-Hungry Bunny

User Image

It's Nyx's feet...

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Naragbruk
HeIIraiser
Krampus also has cloven hooves.
:3

What's wrong with the devil anyway?

Is that a serious question?

The bible says he wants you to go to a place of torture and torment... ******** Satan.

God is even more messed up than the devil at times though.
;o

All religion just about, comes paved in blood.

Anxious Human

Sir Black Tea
Because the inclusion of satan would be intruding on sensitivities and adding an unnecessary religious connotation, I doubt it is the devil. Or at least I don't want it to be, and I don't even follow the plot anymore.
This. I REALLY doubt it'll be the devil. Maybe it's a centaur or something. Who knows. Like him, I've stopped following the plot. ... I almost feel bad about it, too.

Anxious Human

Belethiel
OMG

Guys...

Guys, what if Carl is Satan? emotion_awesome
OMG I love you for this. rofl

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Or he could've just been a cousin of Pan, the fertility god. Who also has cloven hooves for feet.

Gaia doesn't bring IRL religions into their plot lines. Ever. So yeah, Nyx isn't the Devil or Satan from the Judeo-Christian-Muslim religion. He's some kind of invented deity, but nothing from any sort of mainstream religion whatsoever. Kind of like the god of block parties that was mentioned some time ago in other manga updates.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Considering that we have two items that have hooved feet, I dont' think so as both are closely associated with mytholgical figures definatly NOT Satan (although we do have a cat-devil as a joke and a minor one at that). Our gods are drawn more from a mythological grab-bag and are meant to not be taken seriously or closely assocated with IRL faiths. (Also I think Gaia's supposed to be a not-Earth and while there may be say, French people there is no France)

Edit:
Also as far as I know, the Devil's form isn't really defined in the Bible, but rather whatever people wanted to demonize at the time and what stuck (Facial hair = nobility at the time, Cloven Hoves/ horns = animalistic gods missionaries wanted to scare people from....)

Alien Visionary

19,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Satan lives in a register at my old job. Not even kidding. Anyway...I doubt it's Satan. He's just half goat, leave Nyx alone!

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

40,640 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
...Umm.... It was... Me... cat_sweatdrop

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
I previously thought only the daedric lord Hircine could call upon the Wild Hunt. I learned something, today!

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
meep12345

Great... anyone else predicting another forum event like the bomber one... ? lol

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

40,640 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Mermaid Eater
meep12345

Great... anyone else predicting another forum event like the bomber one... ? lol

Oh noes~! cat_eek ...B-But that would mean... Run! cat_gonk O' run, run ye Fauns and Satyrs! For crazy Gaians will be on a wild hunt for us soon~! cat_crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff