Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3
  CLOSED

Do you think Gaiaonline should take advantage of a 3D MMORPG?

Heck YES 0.074074074074074 7.4% [ 2 ]
Heck NO 0.88888888888889 88.9% [ 24 ]
Sounds kinda cool 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]
This poll closed on January 3, 2015.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Meepsies's Husband

Familiar Raider

9,550 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
It has come to my attention that opinions dont matter on gaia.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
And how are they going to pay for this new game? How are they going to pay the dev team? How will they pay to keep it updated and give it a weekly maintenance?

Are you willing to wait a numbers of years for this game to be made and are you willing to personally fund it after its been released?

People complain about the GC related announcements now, just imagine the push to get the needed funds.

Angelic Marshmallow

User ImageUser Image

Why would they make another MMO when they just scrapped zOMG?

Tipsy Genius

"No idea is a bad idea" except that this is a pretty terrible idea from a financial standpoint.

Meepsies's Husband

Familiar Raider

9,550 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
www.kickstarter.com could easily fund it. They are pulling in enough revenue to pay for 5 apps, and 2 websites (which tentacle isn't around anymore). Your definition of an MMORPG must be Black Desert Online, because lots of devs have made mmo's on a 750k budget.

Even a promotional item in the cash shop that goes into a pool to fund the development.

Think of all the artists on here, all the people who are going to school for game development.

Meepsies's Husband

Familiar Raider

9,550 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
TurtleJen
User ImageUser Image

Why would they make another MMO when they just scrapped zOMG?

Because it was terrible? They messed it up so much over the years they couldn't fix it.

Meepsies's Husband

Familiar Raider

9,550 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
sterek
"No idea is a bad idea" except that this is a pretty terrible idea from a financial standpoint.

I mean if someone could make 50+ thousand dollars for asking for potatoe salad gaia could do it too. You guys act like they have no money??? They have over 5 millions downloads on their apps. Thats enough money to fund lots of things!

Spicy Treasure-Seeker

36,690 Points
  • Nova Novice 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I like Gaia the way it is honestly, as a community. That's what Gaia is first and foremost yes? And an MMORPG is a game first and foremost. Community is not the priority there.

Gaia should stay a community.

Tory Salazar's Partner

Anxious Prophet

A kickstarter cannot fund an MMO. Not by a long shot. MMOs are very expensive to create and maintain. It needs to be carefully planned out and balanced.

Gaia does not have the funds, time, or manpower to make something like this.

Rare

In short, no. In long, noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Gaia has a history of picking up projects to abandon them and let them die. Plus, 99.9% of MMORPGs are s**t, and the ones that aren't requires a dedicated userbase which Gaia does not have anymore. Plus all the issues of time and money for something nobody in the userbase has asked for.

Demonic Lover

Oh good lord no uo u; zOMG! was already a big enough waste of time and resources DX please let Gaia work on itself and on a mobile presence... it's what I'm hoping they'll do x ox;

The arranger, guilds, the parser they need to work on that DX

Tiny Shapeshifter

3D is over-rated. Remember what happened when Gaia went 3D with "MMVII: White Eclipse" that one Halloween? xd

Meepsies's Husband

Familiar Raider

9,550 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Okay im going to post one last time.

I am not talking about Final Fantasy XIV ARR
I am not talking about World Of Warcraft
Yes these games were very expensive to develop.

Im talking about something small but simple. Ragnarok was very simple but offered so much to do. Maple story is another example. Many 3D chibi mmo's are doing very well for their time. (yes i know my examples aren't 3D MMO's)

zOMG was just terrible. It started terrible and they never fixed it. Thats why it failed so bad. But Gaia needs something to refresh the community and get new members.

Im sorry but i was only posting an idea i had. And all i get are salty responses from 90% of you.

Gaia is going downhill fast and we all know it. Someone needs to throw out ideas for them to steal or all of the money we spent on here will go to waste once the website shuts down. Because we all know they wont offer refunds.

Dead Hellraiser

zOMG cost millions to make, and it used the avatars.

A 3D MMORPG would be a massive waste of time and money, and I'm fairly certain that a kickstarter for one would not succeed.

Tiny Alchemist

*just need to be turned into 3d models*

So they are going to 3d model every single item in existence on Gaia? Hell, we don't even have every item UNISEXED yet. That would take a ridiculous amount of work right there.

I can see them adding another 2d game like zomg, maybe in the next 4-8 years but something 3d would have to be completely new, and probably would have very little to do with Gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff