Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Explorer

Sometimes, I find myself wondering if Cindy is out the job and Gaia 9 Action News got shut down. Some of these announcement happenings would make good news coverage, I think, by keep the community informed, further fleshing out details, and further giving the announcement happenings a bit of a nudge closer to canon.

With the recent announcement of another boring cash item being rotated out the shop, we learn that Ivan's a fanboy of some musician named "Big Doug", who wound up in prison, for whatever reason.
Quote:
Friends, I just found out something troubling. One of my favorite musicians of all time, Big Doug, who you may remember as the brains behind the classic hair metal bands Devil's Bathtub and Love Rat, has been released from jail! This is just awful! Now that he's free and has stuff to do, he'll never answer my letters! I'm going to go sulk and listen to Love Rat's first album, Dogs All The Way Down, and try to get over it.

What those reasons were, however, weren't given, so I'm wondering if Big Doug committed a major crime, and if so, why he'd be released back amongst people and likely repeat the same offense, or if he's truly seen the error of his ways and been reformed? I'm not only curious about Big Doug's crimes, but Ivan's rather backward reaction to his musical idol being released from jail. You'd figure he'd be excited over Big Doug getting out, but is only disappointed, and under the impression that his fan letters will never be returned, now that Big Doug has more time on his bands, and will likely resume his band activities with Love Rat or Devil's Bathtub (will we see these bands in the next Famestar?). There's always the possibility his letters, if Ivan continues sending them, will be replied to by management, at least...? XD That's better than nothing

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I hope she's out of the job.

I haven't liked that b***h since 2006 when she started slanderizing the Gaians in Black left and right.

I call it yellow journalism.

She should have been fired then.

Dangerous Rogue

Yeata Zi

I haven't liked that b***h since 2006 when she started slenderizing the Gaians in Black left and right.

The GiB are a seedy organization that doesn't answer to any governing power on Gaia. You better pray you don't go to sleep one night and wake up in one of their death prisons!

---

Anyway, I'd rather see Cindy than Ivan for things like RIGs.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Espirit dTatame
Yeata Zi

I haven't liked that b***h since 2006 when she started slenderizing the Gaians in Black left and right.

The GiB are a seedy organization that doesn't answer to any governing power on Gaia. You better pray you don't go to sleep one night and wake up in one of their death prisons!

---

Anyway, I'd rather see Cindy than Ivan for things like RIGs.
I feel pretty safe. :3

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Yeata Zi

You'd rather be fat? neutral

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Yeata Zi

I will never view the GIB the same way ever again.
User Image

User Image

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Platonix
Yeata Zi

You'd rather be fat? neutral

I WILL NEVER TYPE ON A CELL PHONE AGAIN!

Buggy Mage

Cindy Donovan is a good character. i like the idea of Gaia having News caster around to talk about the crazy goings on. Maybe they'll bring here back into the story for the Anniversary.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
add her to the list of NPCs who don't get any screen time sweatdrop

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
I disliked her too; what little personality she was given grated on my nerves. However, that said, I would FAR prefer her to the alternatives. I believe the only other "news" anchors we've been shown were the sports anchors during the Olympics. Between the two camps, Donovan all the way.

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
Honestly? I Love Cindy Donnovinh! And I guess I appreciate her more because I don't see a whole lot of her!
I don't think she got fired or anything. I think maybe she's just waiting for a very huge, juicy story to come about!- Celebrities go in and out of jail all the time! So for Cindy to report such news would seem very beneath her! She's all about the BIGGER stories! Things that she knows would catch our eye and give it a second look!- Things that she knows would matter to us!
As for the "Emo Ivan" bit (that's what I'm going to call it for short lol), uhm. . . I guess the point is: It made him feel better knowing that he had his Idol's FULL attention all the while he was in prison. "Big Doug" actually humoured him and wrote him back. It made Ivan feel special, and now that he feels that "he's no longer all that special" anymore it is heartbreaking. "Big Doug" is going to be focusing on getting back on his feet, and focusing on his career rather than replying to only one of the thousands of letters he receives on a daily basis.
Then again, we don't know "Big Doug" at all. For all we, and Ivan, know: "Big Doug" will actually keep replying to the fan letters. Because maybe Ivan is just one of those people who kept him sane while he was behind bars.Maybe Ivan is just being Emo for nothing, and that his Idol really will keep writing back. It's the least he can do for someone who helped get him through a troubling time. Prison is almost worse than Hell for some people, and you'd be surprised how much of an impact one small envelope containing one small letter would have on an incarcerated soul. . .

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
Meirelle
Yeata Zi

User Image

User Image

So that's what he's up to in the Slender background... he's secretly a member of the GiB, and is watching to make sure you're not up to anything.

Shadowy Seeker

16,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Kez Mani
Meirelle
Yeata Zi

User Image

User Image

So that's what he's up to in the Slender background... he's secretly a member of the GiB, and is watching to make sure you're not up to anything.

He is.

Sometimes, if you look closely, you can see him lurking in the forests around Bass'ken Lake.

User Image

Toothsome Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
She's just used sparingly, from what I can tell. Seems like it was only intended to be used as flavour text. I WOULD like to see more integration.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I remember in one of her reports they had these little side report things that flash by at the bottom, and one of them talked about squirrels LOL. I miss those Dx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff