Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Object of Affection 150
After the previous issues with the cash shop and the Win Gaia bundles and then recently having the bundles manually removed from the shop, I already had my suspicions. But something a little different has come to light - a friend of mine had an item removed that I purchased from the MP. It was one of the wind clan ninja headbands - only obtainable through a bundle.

This makes me wonder if bundles are somehow more susceptible to hacking?
Has anyone else had this issue yet?

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
User Image

Is it possible, yes. However, it is also likely that the person selling the headband could've done a different exploit that got them said item and turned around and resold it.

Vulnerabilities in systems can often pop up with new things. This is why computers and systems need patching. The frequency of bundles popping up in the shop and the fact they might have a little more coding than a singular item, could expose them more than a regular item just based on a greater chance. This 'greater chance' could be as little as a fraction of a percentage more.

However, errors and intervention will always be part of the site. That's the nature of technology, and not cause for alarm.

Boo!User Image

Loyal Fox

35,525 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
Send them a ticket of what you said and see if they can return your item or not. It is worth a shot.

Heart Tamer

I'm not entirely sure what would specifically make bundles more susceptible than other items in the shop, but I can wager a guess that they would be the most targeted due to their value. I don't know what the latest exploit was specifically, but I hope it doesn't keep happening every few months because I dislike having my pass frozen.

Greedy Drake

My pass is currently disabled because some jerk hacked the nightmare bundles (and apparently win gaia bundles too) and I bought a cheap dtail from them. Also I don't think its any one item that's susceptible they probably just go after the most expensive one just as someone above me said. SO it can happen to anyone on the mp whos thinking theyre getting a half-way decent deal. I just wish they'd reverse whatever it was and give me back my trading pass already.

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Katyasha_fox
Send them a ticket of what you said and see if they can return your item or not. It is worth a shot.

Zero Omega is already on the case. He was the one who informed my friend that the item was being taken and the case was being looked into. 3nodding I'm just wondering about the specifics now, is all.

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Gash Thrashum
I'm not entirely sure what would specifically make bundles more susceptible than other items in the shop, but I can wager a guess that they would be the most targeted due to their value. I don't know what the latest exploit was specifically, but I hope it doesn't keep happening every few months because I dislike having my pass frozen.

My only guess would be like, as one of the other Gaians above said, it just takes a little more coding to make a bundle instead of a single item. Somewhere in there, there might be something that makes it more prone to abuse or something. emo

Mythical Shoujo

13,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Jinglybell
My pass is currently disabled because some jerk hacked the nightmare bundles (and apparently win gaia bundles too) and I bought a cheap dtail from them. Also I don't think its any one item that's susceptible they probably just go after the most expensive one just as someone above me said. SO it can happen to anyone on the mp whos thinking theyre getting a half-way decent deal. I just wish they'd reverse whatever it was and give me back my trading pass already.

Aw man, that seriously sucks. I hate that it happened to you. I haven't had my trading pass disabled yet or anything, and my friend only had the item taken so far. Hopefully I won't be suffering the same fate any time soon.

Here's hoping you get your case resolved soon! 3nodding

Perfect Saint

Scary. I hate when exploits plague a system. I also dislike it when some people break the game because of it.
Hope things get fixed for you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces