Total Votes:[ 313 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Mr Clocksy's Queen

Devoted Lover

20,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Is it weird I actually kept my Gaia Cash Cards so i can keep tracking of how much i spent on Gaia
In my totally of what almost 5 years on Gaia I've spent $210
When they stopped selling Cash Cards in CVS Pharmacy and Walmart i stopped buying all the sales, announcement bout sells, pm about sales and freaking never ending recolors (Not that I don't like the recolors) just ehhh turned me off. T think I almost spent an additionally $100 for some things I probably wouldn't even keep
So I mainly do offers in my free time for powerups emotion_dowant

Tenacious Sage

Well, I have spent about $30 in free offers, and that's about it. I only joined the year before Gaia went to hell, and I haven't used those offers since. No regrets though

Shameless Lover

18,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
According to Paypal,
Since the day I joined Gaia ( 4/4/09 ), I've spent around $720 on GC.
I rounded all the values up to the nearest 5s or 10s because it was just easier to count.
I'd be more ashamed if this wasn't over a period of over 5 years we're talking about, here.
I'm actually surprised I didn't hit a grand.
lol

But srsly, let's just be real, here...
$750 over 5 years on over 1000 different items is a hecka' lot more reasonable than $1000 on one thing in one day...
Like seriously,
No contest.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Antiq
Scobre
I've been on Gaia four years now.
Total amount spent: $0
Total amount earned through offers: I lost track, but I used to spend 250GC-999GC a month from video offers.
Do I regret being on Gaia? No, I met a lot of cool people.

Spending nothing of my own money on Gaia has been totally worth it. I'm still paying off my student loan from college.

You've really got it together lol Kudos.

Nah I just joke that I was abusing the cash tree a lot and then started abusing the tv. Pretty much product I would buy the most were zOMG! ghi amps in a bundle. Those are a one time use then, so once all of them were used up they were gone. So my once a month purchase used to either go to powerups, MCs, REIs, EIs, or cheap item bundles. I never cared for CIs or RIGs. Oh I bought so many zOMG! summons too, they were so cute. I just try to set my priorities in life right. Gaiaonline isn't on the list at all, I just use this site for fun. Total amount spent on Sims games however exceeded $100 for sure over the years. I'm still able to use my Sims 1 CDs 14 years after buying them, so honestly I don't think it was a waste of money. But yes now that I'm an adult, I can't afford games anymore so I stick to the free to play games now. That's why just because Gaia changed isn't going to make me want to pay money towards them. Because of the ads, I'm so overdone in item advertisements now, I stopped caring for new items. Only things I like are gold shops because they receive 1 announcement in a month or less.

I was going to college full time when I started Gaia, so I didn't have the money to pay for items then between paying for classes, books, and transportation. That is when I learned I could earn GC through free offers. Over the past four years the offers fail more and more. It just makes me sad because Gaia hasn't figured out how to make the offers work for other countries besides the US or get alternative offers for them. Poor international Gaians. So if anything I'm lucky just being able to get offers working where I live in the United States. Now I'm not able to work as much due to health problems, so if I wanted I could still do the free offers, but Gaia just hasn't made the site fun enough to spend GC on it. I come on to chat with friends and to play zOMG!, so at least Gaia could increase their chat options available. If anything the social options have decreased with the removal of two im messengers and Vivox.

Anyway I hope my little story inspires other Gaians to know that they don't need to spend a penny to enjoy the site. I'm proof of that. All they need to do is find something on Gaia that they enjoy doing and stick with that and if they do want to spoil themselves once in awhile, check out if any sponsored offers work for them. Gaia will get the money whether someone pays for cash or they earn gaia cash through sponsored offers, so they should never feel guilty that they are not supporting the site. Even if you aren't able to dress your avi in any cash shop items, Gaians can still welcome new Gaians onto the site. I know that I met a lot of really cool people through zOMG! and it wasn't items that made me enjoy the site, it was the people. A kind word means more to a person than a material thing. I do still giggle at those pervy madlibs that were being sent out on one of Gaia's events. Silly memories like that last awhile for me.

xhuu's Wife

Married Millionaire

22,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Married 100
  • Over Easy 100
I think
I've spent almost 2k on Gaia
Well I can only estimate
I've been buying GC for 3 years now and in this last year along (last June-today) I've spent over 500 bucks...

Uxie's Husband

I used to buy a cash card every now and then. That was many years ago. I haven't in a long time. It just doesn't feel right now..

Goth Fairy

22,600 Points
  • 90's Movie Token Quirky Goth Girl 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I've been here for 5 years, I know I've gradually exceeded $200...but definitely not $500. Probably something like $250-300

Goth Fairy

22,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Scobre
Antiq
Scobre
I've been on Gaia four years now.
Total amount spent: $0
Total amount earned through offers: I lost track, but I used to spend 250GC-999GC a month from video offers.
Do I regret being on Gaia? No, I met a lot of cool people.

Spending nothing of my own money on Gaia has been totally worth it. I'm still paying off my student loan from college.

You've really got it together lol Kudos.

Nah I just joke that I was abusing the cash tree a lot and then started abusing the tv. Pretty much product I would buy the most were zOMG! ghi amps in a bundle. Those are a one time use then, so once all of them were used up they were gone. So my once a month purchase used to either go to powerups, MCs, REIs, EIs, or cheap item bundles. I never cared for CIs or RIGs. Oh I bought so many zOMG! summons too, they were so cute. I just try to set my priorities in life right. Gaiaonline isn't on the list at all, I just use this site for fun. Total amount spent on Sims games however exceeded $100 for sure over the years. I'm still able to use my Sims 1 CDs 14 years after buying them, so honestly I don't think it was a waste of money. But yes now that I'm an adult, I can't afford games anymore so I stick to the free to play games now. That's why just because Gaia changed isn't going to make me want to pay money towards them. Because of the ads, I'm so overdone in item advertisements now, I stopped caring for new items. Only things I like are gold shops because they receive 1 announcement in a month or less.

I was going to college full time when I started Gaia, so I didn't have the money to pay for items then between paying for classes, books, and transportation. That is when I learned I could earn GC through free offers. Over the past four years the offers fail more and more. It just makes me sad because Gaia hasn't figured out how to make the offers work for other countries besides the US or get alternative offers for them. Poor international Gaians. So if anything I'm lucky just being able to get offers working where I live in the United States. Now I'm not able to work as much due to health problems, so if I wanted I could still do the free offers, but Gaia just hasn't made the site fun enough to spend GC on it. I come on to chat with friends and to play zOMG!, so at least Gaia could increase their chat options available. If anything the social options have decreased with the removal of two im messengers and Vivox.

Anyway I hope my little story inspires other Gaians to know that they don't need to spend a penny to enjoy the site. I'm proof of that. All they need to do is find something on Gaia that they enjoy doing and stick with that and if they do want to spoil themselves once in awhile, check out if any sponsored offers work for them. Gaia will get the money whether someone pays for cash or they earn gaia cash through sponsored offers, so they should never feel guilty that they are not supporting the site. Even if you aren't able to dress your avi in any cash shop items, Gaians can still welcome new Gaians onto the site. I know that I met a lot of really cool people through zOMG! and it wasn't items that made me enjoy the site, it was the people. A kind word means more to a person than a material thing. I do still giggle at those pervy madlibs that were being sent out on one of Gaia's events. Silly memories like that last awhile for me.
Unfortunately, since the video player is barely functional now and most of the offers don't grant or aren't free, this doesn't work as well anymore.

Festive Singing

27,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I just went and checked my gc history...

I've spent 200 bucks on this...I..wow...

I think I need to stop buying gc... ._.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I know for a fact that my total is over $1k since Gaia started. I joined Gaia at 19 years old and I had a job back then with very little rent to pay. It was easy for me to spend at least $40 a month buying stuff for myself and my 3 sisters. I did that for about two, maybe three years. I've been on this site for 10 years now.

Since my sisters stopped logging on, I had less incentive to spend a good deal of GCash, but I was subscribed to Autocash for a couple of years. I stopped spending money on Gaia when the item creation got really lazy (overused clothing styles/themes/recolors) and I just didn't find anything worth spending IRL dollars anymore.

And even if I did, I don't think I'm enjoying myself on this site quite enough to want to spend IRL money on it anymore. Maybe if things settle down, if the hyperinflation stopped, if the item creation was varied again (come off of the sweet lolita + leg mods theme already) and the emphasis on community returned (inventory arranger updates, mini game fixes/patches, mini events, staff interaction), I might feel engaged enough to spend again.

Wild Bookworm

Bleeding Apocalypse
I know for a fact that my total is over $1k since Gaia started. I joined Gaia at 19 years old and I had a job back then with very little rent to pay. It was easy for me to spend at least $40 a month buying stuff for myself and my 3 sisters. I did that for about two, maybe three years. I've been on this site for 10 years now.

Since my sisters stopped logging on, I had less incentive to spend a good deal of GCash, but I was subscribed to Autocash for a couple of years. I stopped spending money on Gaia when the item creation got really lazy (overused clothing styles/themes/recolors) and I just didn't find anything worth spending IRL dollars anymore.

And even if I did, I don't think I'm enjoying myself on this site quite enough to want to spend IRL money on it anymore. Maybe if things settle down, if the hyperinflation stopped, if the item creation was varied again (come off of the sweet lolita + leg mods theme already) and the emphasis on community returned (inventory arranger updates, mini game fixes/patches, mini events, staff interaction), I might feel engaged enough to spend again.

I would give up my whole inventory for that emo

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Probably just short of $1k. I started counting my purchases and had to stop, I could figure it out just visually. xD;; Not really ashamed or shocked I guess, it's actually LESS than I what I thought it was going to be. surprised When I was still living with my folks, I had the extra cash to spare. :3
Murder Is Kawaii
Unfortunately, since the video player is barely functional now and most of the offers don't grant or aren't free, this doesn't work as well anymore.

For me the videos Cash adds up to maybe 5 per week tops and the TV only gives me gold. I lately did all the avaiable free offers and ended up with around 500GC. Now the only free offers are the surveys which don't work for me. I don't know whether the others have different offers but for myself and free GC that is it, it could buy me few cheaper items but when you want one of the rococo items or a limited one there is no option but to save lots of gold or help myself with my IRL funds.
I do know how to enjoy Gaia without spending my funds but I got lazy for a few times and had extra money so I decided ro spend it here.

Goth Fairy

22,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
netamii
Murder Is Kawaii

For me the videos Cash adds up to maybe 5 per week tops and the TV only gives me gold. I lately did all the avaiable free offers and ended up with around 500GC. Now the only free offers are the surveys which don't work for me. I don't know whether the others have different offers but for myself and free GC that is it, it could buy me few cheaper items but when you want one of the rococo items or a limited one there is no option but to save lots of gold or help myself with my IRL funds.
I do know how to enjoy Gaia without spending my funds but I got lazy for a few times and had extra money so I decided ro spend it here.
i officially gave up when i spent hours doing all the free offers last week, and only one granted. and that was after i filed reports on all of them.
Murder Is Kawaii
netamii
Murder Is Kawaii

i officially gave up when i spent hours doing all the free offers last week, and only one granted. and that was after i filed reports on all of them.

That's really unfortunate D; I only had to file on one and got the Gc granted the next day...maybe some mixup with the system? I wish the old Cash Tree would be brought back, simply watching the videos and ending up with 10GC. With so many Cash shop items being released I think it really should be revisited ;A;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff