No I just don't need it 0.25925925925926 25.9% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 54 ]
< 1 2 3

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
I don't think I've ever bought art here an Gaia, simply because I just couldn't afford the gold prices. But I have commissioned TONS of art outside of Gaia, because it's just so much easier to use IRL money. I suck so badly at getting gold, so I would be more than happy to pay Gaia artists with REAL money if that wasn't against the ToS. I have, however, held an art contest that had something like ~15mil in prizes (back when 100k was still considered rich), if that counts.

But even though I can draw things myself (like the doodles in my signature, if they ever ******** show up), I still greatly prefer commissioning people, usually because they're sooo much better than me and because I'm also a lazy ******** who'd rather pay someone to do things for her. I have so many OCs and s**t I want drawn that I could legitimately give an artist a steady stream of income for a long time if they'd be down with constantly doing stuff for me (always having a slot open for me, never-ending commissions, so forth).

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

I love to buy avatar art since I don't usually have established OCs. I've considered turning Shrimpie into a full fledged OC though because I've worked on his characterization so much over the last 9 years.

However, because I rarely have enough gold to commission people with styles that I'd love to add to my collection, or they don't draw couples/avatar art/guys, I sometimes go most of the year without new art.

Then, there are some times where I want to commission friends not only because they are my friends, but also because they draw something that I would like. My current signature image is an example of that. 3nodding

of the House of Demonic Dreams
I buy art occasionally. When I started Gaia I only went to the art freebies though. Before the GG inflation fiasco I bought art from art shops when I was bored and had gold, but now I barely have enough pure. Instead I have set up a request thread offering items to artists since I don't feel so attached to Gaia anymore.

Before the crazy inflation, the most I spent on one piece was 500k; probably a few millions in total.

I like all sorts of art, especially high quality traditional "sketches," but I prefer regular fullbody styles over chibified ones.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
With these comments, I don't know if I'll have many commissions. sweatdrop I'm working on establishing myself as an artist on Gaia. I am hoping I can earn a fair amount toward my quest!

I've only bought a few small art purchases over the years. Mostly banners and and one custom animation I thought was adorable. I have a freebie or two in the depths of my journal as well.

While I usually dress in the magical girl/anime/"kawaii" manner and can draw cutesy, I'm trying to challenge myself and not draw just those types of things. I think a freebie I did and a current entry for a contest I am working on will not have that kind of impression. However, I cannot do realism. I've accepted my art is anime/manga style, and my drawings/characters will look like they belong in those worlds. I hand-draw and color via photoshop. It still takes me much longer than seasoned artists, I believe, to complete a piece.

I feel as though I am open-minded about what types of art I like, but naturally my preference is the manga/anime styles. I dislike overly chibified art (i.e., waaay too big of a head).

I haven't purchased art in years, but it was from the art forum.

Sugaruni's Fangirl

Fluffy Adventurer

I do buy art occasionally, but I prefer doing art trades. Doesn't hurt my wallet and
I get to draw interesting stuff most of the time. I've spent billions on art ' v ' )
Maybe around 30b total? I'd rather hang around in the Freebies forum, though.
For doodles they're already great. Hmmm..
I only buy chibis. Because they're the only things I'll ever use. Digital cheebs~
Or HQ sketches..

Waffles

No "I make my own" option? o w o I don't buy art I would if I could buy from those expensive ones. Right now, I just keep on selling art for items because I had loved dress up pixels ever since I landed in the internet/virtual world. * u *

In a relationship with VICTUURl

Hardcore Man-Lover

I love buying art when I can and able to. These days my offers/bribes are 10bil-80bil+ for a coloured half/knee/full (In items, because I rarely ever have that much pure on me) and 5bil-50bil for chibis. Offering mere millions in this inflation is pointless. I think I've spent about 300bil on art, maybe a little more.

However, I haven't been in the Art Shops for quite a while now- GG commissions take an incredible amount of time and some never go through...I even have trades still up from months ago. This is why I'm just lazily bumping my request thread instead of prowling the Art Shops. Usually, the artists who do post and offer to do art are the ones truly interested in drawing my character/s, but- Not a lot of artists even go to the Art Requests, unless there's RLC in the title. Also, when I have extra cash to spend, I just prowl DA for RLCs.

The style I absolutely love is...that style of Dr. from Pixiv, Sackcloth and Ashes (Damien), and Nayu from Pixiv. Urgh, I love their art so much. Their styles are- Pretty expensive, I can imagine (They don't take regular commissions, but I made an estimate). Maybe $300+ for a full body.
On Gaia though, I mostly bribe on super moe/regular anime styles, 'cause- > _ > It may seem harsh, but it's all you ever find on Gaia. Big eyes, soft colours, chibis. Well, save for the rare semi-real styles. Not that I'm complaining though, I like the moe style.

Animal

I can make my own s**t. sweatdrop

Kawaii Shopper

30,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Full closet 200
Well i used to buy art from time to time when there are some artists i really like smile thought that was years ago. I even remember doing RLC once because Danime chan's chibi are just toooooo adorable emotion_kirakira
Otherwise most of time i just draw my siggy myself (though i change too damn often emotion_facepalm )

Since it's been years, back then the price were around 10-50k xD no idea how much those worth now. Another reason why i don't buy arts now is also because everything are billions XP

Actually i must say i love all various art style smile
Every style has its own specificity and that's what i love about art : variety. I love lurking in DA for this reason smile
Though i can only draw chibi mostly, i try to practice on non chibi a bit in hope to improve myself smile

When i used to buy art i were mostly lurking at the artshop for some open spots smile

Kawaii Shopper

30,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Full closet 200
Purinii
i think there are a lot of cutesy chibis around in gaia mostly because chibi are easier too draw and takes less time to do smile

I personally mostly do chibi commissions for this reason ^-^ Can please more customers and not having them wait weeks for completion smile

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

I tend to go for chibis.

Well, mostly really colorful anime! yum_puddi I love a bit of sparkle too, with the pop of color. Chibis look best with these because it's small and compact.

But they're preeeeeetty expensive so I don't really buy them. sweatdrop I don't log in enough to earn enough for them. I tend to draw them myself if I want to get my friends art as a present. You really need to be economical nowadays.

Pls don't anyone make anymore usui jokes emo im not rich here okay

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
xd I used to buy art up to a year ago but sadly not many artists entertain male avis with tentacles.

Most of the artists I've worked with sadly quit the site sad

I do occasionally receive a surprise freebie. It's heartwarming..

I usually end up asking for realism cause most of the time the chibi artists reject my tentacled avis sweatdrop
I haven't bought art in awhile, but now that circumstances have changed and I'm capable of affording it, I suppose I'm really just looking for the right artists for me...

And an avatar I could see having art made for.

IRL Noob

[Philosophy In A Teacup]

Uhm... helloooo? emotion_kirakira
(I kid, I kid. Mostly.)

It's actually kind of a self-feeding cycle for me, personally. I don't draw the "animay" very well, but it seems to be all people are willing to shell out gold for here. So that's what I try to put out. Can you lovely people just stick around for when I put up another art auction? emotion_kirakira

As for what I like and what I buy, well... I'm fond of art trades, mostly. I spend most of my gold on adoptables now, which tend to be little chibis of any type of quality -- but what's important with those is if the concept strikes me, not the quality or type of artwork, really. They're kind of made to be touched up (at least that's how I view them).
However I always try to pay as much gold as possible for a piece of artwork. It just seems fair to me, coming from the place of having to sit down at a computer for hours every day for pixels, y'know?

Artwork-wise, I like just about anything. I am really not picky. ^u^

Fluffy Glitch

I used to buy art but don't any more due to inflation. It used to be I could find an artshop that was offering TRUE cheap yet good quality art for...at the most 5k-10k. Now it's nothing but billions of gold and the ones I've seen aren't worth that much.

So now I do my own artwork when I'm in the mood and appreciate all the freebies I can get.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff