Total Votes:[ 71 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 >

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
lilloulou
Wow, you guys are in fire! Go multiplications~ Gaia should have some games which make us use our brain like this one; it would pass time and it's good to train the memory and make our little hammy run biggrin
That'd be a good idea! There's Word Bump for English, but nothing for math, yet.
jonjon21428
eek I am wowed by your documentation, amongst other things.
Yeata Zi
Welp! My score was 6.

Let's do calculus. I bet I'd beat you guys in Calculus.
I was actually tempted to use a problem from a textbook and have people show work, but then I remembered I'd have to know how to solve the problem the same way. I wouldn't be able to guarantee that, so yeah. :C sweatdrop

Mega Bit

ahh what a unique contest, one that requires no artistic or creative skill whatsoever, aka my type of contest haha

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

sorry for the huge pic emotion_sweatdrop

edit: bored & tried a couple more times

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I got a 17 XD
Nice little game

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Tenko72
lilloulou
Wow, you guys are in fire! Go multiplications~ Gaia should have some games which make us use our brain like this one; it would pass time and it's good to train the memory and make our little hammy run biggrin
That'd be a good idea! There's Word Bump for English, but nothing for math, yet.

Yeah, and what would be great with math-based games is that they would be universal, no matter which langage you talk. The problem I see with "Word Bump" is that when English isn't your main langage, it's harder to play it.

Yeata Zi
Welp! My score was 6.

Hmm... I dunno. I'd say it depends on the person wink I'm a bit rusted thought since I didn't do any recently sweatdrop

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
lilloulou
Tenko72
lilloulou

Yeah, and what would be great with math-based games is that they would be universal, no matter which langage you talk. The problem I see with "Word Bump" is that when English isn't your main langage, it's harder to play it.

Yeata Zi
Welp! My score was 6.

Hmm... I dunno. I'd say it depends on the person wink I'm a bit rusted thought since I didn't do any recently sweatdrop
I never memorized my multiplication tables, so I am awful at this.

But I can do calculus pretty good if I have a calculator on hand. :3

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Yeata Zi

Ahaha, but that's cheating~ You aren't working your brain, just your fingers if you use the calculator razz

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Your brain has to know the formulas, though. Otherwise, the calculator's just a hunk of plastic with a bunch of buttons. xd

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Tenko72
Your brain has to know the formulas, though. Otherwise, the calculator's just a hunk of plastic with a bunch of buttons. xd

Some calculator are really high-tech nowadays... especially those which you can even enter variables in them to ask for their values following the equation solving.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
lilloulou
Yeata Zi

Ahaha, but that's cheating~ You aren't working your brain, just your fingers if you use the calculator razz
Bullshit.

Calculus requires a s**t ton of brain-work. I'd like to see you get the area under a curved line without the use of a calculator.

Memorizing multiplication tables and regurgitating them isn't using your brain either, if this is your argument. It's just doing something you have memorized. razz

I WILL FIGHT YOU OVER MEANINGLESS MATH STUFF! I WILL FIGHT YOU SO HARD!

Gawd, you should see me doing the math required for my Mass Spectrometer. It is literally all simple addition and subtraction... occasionally multiplication or division-- and I can't do it with out a calculator. BUT I HAVE THE MASSES OF ALL THE AMINO ACIDS MEMORIZED!

I could not be a scientist if the calculator wasn't a thing. Don't you dare say it doesn't require brainwork if you are using a calculator. It's how you use the numbers to get to your final results that uses the brain. <3

*hops off soap box*

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I FELT THE NEED TO ARGUE THAT SO HARD! Probably lack of sleep. WHEEEEEE!

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
lilloulou
Tenko72

Some calculator are really high-tech nowadays... especially those which you can even enter variables in them to ask for their values following the equation solving.
It has been a while since I used one. I don't remember any with pre-programmed formulas, but there might be some out now. Kids get all the cool stuff. emo
I remember writing a program wrong and all my graphs came out sideways. sweatdrop IDEK.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
lilloulou
Tenko72

Eh. I don't even understand those calculators XD

Anything above basic scientific calculator has way too many buttons for me to understand lol

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Yeata Zi
lilloulou
Yeata Zi

Bullshit.

Calculus requires a s**t ton of brain-work. I'd like to see you get the area under a curved line without the use of a calculator.

Memorizing multiplication tables and regurgitating them isn't using your brain either, if this is your argument. It's just doing something you have memorized. razz

Gawd, you should see me doing the math required for my Mass Spectrometer. It is literally all simple addition and subtraction... occasionally multiplication or division-- and I can't do it with out a calculator. BUT I HAVE THE MASSES OF ALL THE AMINO ACIDS MEMORIZED!

I could not be a scientist if the calculator wasn't a thing. Don't you dare say it doesn't require brainwork if you are using a calculator. It's how you use the numbers to get to your final results that uses the brain. <3

*hops off soap box*

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I FELT THE NEED TO ARGUE THAT SO HARD! Probably lack of sleep. WHEEEEEE!

Woah, so much passion! I was partly kidding here. I know how high-level maths can't be done if you don't use your brain.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
lilloulou
Yeata Zi
lilloulou
Yeata Zi

Bullshit.

*hops off soap box*

Woah, so much passion! I was partly kidding here. I know how high-level maths can't be done if you don't use your brain.

>.>

I'm bad at simple math. D: I felt the need to stand up for my intelligence. :3

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Tenko72
lilloulou
Tenko72

It has been a while since I used one. I don't remember any with pre-programmed formulas, but there might be some out now. Kids get all the cool stuff. emo
I remember writing a program wrong and all my graphs came out sideways. sweatdrop IDEK.

Oh I understand you so much! I had a teacher once that instead of explaining us how to program them ourselves (both on how the calculator was working and the actual formula he wanted us to program), he was giving us the instructions one at a time. I was so lost!!!

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Yeata Zi

>.>

I'm bad at simple math. D: I felt the need to stand up for my intelligence. :3

Teehee~ It's okay smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items