Welcome to Gaia! ::

The average Gaia user is...

Generally decent, polite, helpful, etc. 0.22295081967213 22.3% [ 68 ]
More often okay, but still notably bad at times. 0.52131147540984 52.1% [ 159 ]
Mostly bad, but sometimes at the very least TOLERABLE 0.14426229508197 14.4% [ 44 ]
Very rude, selfish, annoying, etc. 0.11147540983607 11.1% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 305 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
This is something I've wished the Gaia staff would do themselves, but I'll volunteer. For science!

You. As a member of this site. What do you - - think of the average Gaia user?

I need your pull-no-punches honest opinion. Please vote and share it with us!

Mine:
My experience is different mainly because I am not much of a forum-goer. I've been on the site since 04, but I've mostly stuck to bumping in the Chatterbox and hanging out with friends and strangers in the flash spaces. (Though I have been very active in the Site Feedback forum lately, so I guess I lied. Kind of :3)

I've met some very nice/interesting people in flash spaces and in zOMG, and encountered just as many rude/annoying people. I've seen people who have really good ideas for the site in Feedback, and just as many whiny people who bark orders at the Gaia staff as if they were slaves.

On a whole, I'm leaning a LITTLE bit more on the negative side when it comes to how I see other Gaians. The 'gimme-gimme' attitude with demanding things from the staff, the way people's avatars and how much gold they're worth can get to their heads, and plenty of times where people have blindly praised Gaia and considered ANY kind of criticism (even constructive criticism) as a 'how dare you' kind of offense.

Keep in mind, I am in LOVE with this site and the majority of my experience with others has been positive. I'm just saying that when it comes to how I see other users as a whole on this site, I'm just a LITTLE on the negative side. And that's my 2 cents :{D~

Compassionate Conversationalist

25,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I love all you guys.

Except you ones that suck. Those guys, I hate.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Lucky Saint

14,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Dude, when aren't we brutally honest?

Witty Shapeshifter

14,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200

There will always be the BAWWWW'ers, but overall the people I meet on Gaia are pretty cool.
THAT BEING SAID...
I trust no one on the internet.
No one.
So while I always try to assume that everyone is nice and polite and creative as they are on Gaia, I never expect it.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

my thoughts: how can any of you still legitimately find those stupid cat macro pics and old a** internet memes funny. its the year 2013 and you guys are still ironically saying "lulz" in casual conversation.

in short, yall are stuck in a 2006 time capsule of shitty memes and humor

Brainy Senshi

15,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bookworm 100
Ridley Starsmore
I love all you guys.

Except you ones that suck. Those guys, I hate.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

This pretty much lol.

But seriously, the majority of the people I've met here are pretty cool. There are a few I think are drama whores but I try my best to be civil and then ignore if it gets too much emotion_yatta .

Feline Senshi

13,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
User Image

Stuck up users who think acting cynical is cool that really annoys me, or those whos have bloated egos because of Gaia fame (Some people are just ridiculous) the major offense for me is when those who have said pulling power use it to hurt other users thats always shocked and appalled me.

Grammar/Spelling Nazi's are another thing altogether... stressed

Besides that I genrally like everyone I meet xd

25,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
meekstape
my thoughts: how can any of you still legitimately find those stupid cat macro pics and old a** internet memes funny. its the year 2013 and you guys are still ironically saying "lulz" in casual conversation.

And yet, you still stick around. The 'I'm better than you" thing got tired in 3rd grade.

25,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
King Blackwater
User Image
User Image

Stuck up users who think acting cynical is cool that really annoys me, or those whos have bloated egos because of Gaia fame (Some people are just ridiculous) the major offense for me is when those who have said pulling power use it to hurt other users thats always shocked and appalled me.

IF THERE IS ANYTHING IN THIS FORUM BIGGER THAN MY EGO, I WANT IT CAUGHT AND SHOT ON SIGHT.

No, seriously, that would make it huge. and there fore, possibly very dangerous.

Timid Receiver

meekstape

Time doesn't make everything worse, or automatically bad. If something strikes you as funny enough, then it'll stay funny a lot of the time. I still find the words "Doo-doo head" funny from time to time, and I haven't legitimately used it since I was 4 or so.

But for me, I think the same thing of Gaians as I do most people on the internet.. Not held to a very high standard.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Generous 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

emotion_bigheart I tend to not have a problem with most Gaians. The few that I have had issues with are just immature teenagers who don't know how to stop themselves from taking the internet seriously. By that, I mean dedicating months of their time to harassing people that they've either disagreed with or simply didn't get along with due to personality differences.

25,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
J 4 C K
meekstape

Time doesn't make everything worse, or automatically bad. If something strikes you as funny enough, then it'll stay funny a lot of the time. I still find the words "Doo-doo head" funny from time to time, and I haven't legitimately used it since I was 4 or so.

But for me, I think the same thing of Gaians as I do most people on the internet.. Not held to a very high standard.

Awww...and here I thought I climbed over that limbo bar... emo

Feline Senshi

13,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Ridley Starsmore
User Image
User Image

That sounds terifying sweatdrop I'm going to hide under a blanket and eat chocolate blaugh

Timid Receiver

King Blackwater
User Image
User Image

Grammar/Spelling Nazi's are another thing altogether... stressed

Some cynics are actually cynics though, and they're easy enough to spot. 3nodding

Elysian Stargazer

16,300 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Elysium's Hero 300
  • Fusion Novice 50
I'm a lurker, and I kind of observe how other gaians are and I grow tolerance towards those who are decent on their grammar sometimes. Overall, I reside here in the GCD and greatly respect all of you here, including my friends on the site.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games