Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok, I myself am an owner of a breedables shop, that sells pets. We sell Phoenixes, Wolf-like creatures, hellhounds; all a manner of animals. I've browsed around at many of the shops, and I have to ask.

What's up with people selling HUMANS as breedables?! Does anyone find that wrong?

"Let's sell some humans, then force them to make babies so we can sell the babies too."
"No! I ahve an idea! Let's sell them cute little puppies, then make them grow into humans and sell them as anthros! And then we can foce them to breed and have MORE sick, twisted, baby slaves."
"Yea! Sounds perfect!"

I just want your opinions on this. I'm not singling out any store, and I'm not trying to insult breedable stores who sell humans, don't get me wrong. I jus think it's... weird.
I have to argument on the side of this fact: if you look at it that way and you're not a religious fanatic who believes animals were put here to serve us, then couldn't you say it's just as sick and twisted to force animal breedables to breed?
Ebil Mecha Pup
I have to argument on the side of this fact: if you look at it that way and you're not a religious fanatic who believes animals were put here to serve us, then couldn't you say it's just as sick and twisted to force animal breedables to breed?

True, but the point of breedables is to sell pets. People are selling humans as pets, even if they aren't going to breed them. Slavery, much?
I even found one that was a Maternity clinic. x.x They're SELLING BABIES. xD
XD Well, I could go on a fanatical equality for all track and say that pets are slaves too, but I won't. Really, the only reason they're in breedables is because there IS nowhere else to put that sort of "pet".
The idea of having another human as a pet does seem strange to me, yes. The only defence that I know of is that several of the shops I have seen selling these sorts of pets seem to be adding backstories and the like to their product, meaning it's more like buying the story of how a certain child grew up (or roleplaying it yourself, in other cases) than actually buying a child per se.

The other point is that the human you are sold isn't a person as such: you aren't being sold users, after all. It's still a little strange to me though. All I can say is that I'd rather not purchase a human pet, personally. wink
Human(oids), actually. Not a single shop actually sells humans to my knowledge. However, it has come to a line that people don't really consider them pets too much as they consider them companions on Gaia. You find that many people will actually just mistakenly say they have a GMFC pet or a F'AE pet, while I'm sure many of them actually mean to say they are companions. after a while.

As for selling babies, it actually has it so the babies are born from the Gaians in the GMFC. Now I'm sure you weren't sold to your parents, though they had to pay a surmountable fee to actually have you (hospital bills).
I think a pet is just an image, nothing more... Most of the time, it seems that human pets are given under guardianship, not ownership. There's certainly not much connotation of slavery in the RPs that I've seen. Then again, I sold large balls of rock. Not humans.
Zaeyde

no idiot, they are selling appointments to get a kid
Slifer_Ozura
Zaeyde

no idiot, they are selling appointments to get a kid
No need for flaming. Be nice to people. Especially people that didn't do anything wrong.
Humans are the one who cant controll themselves. They should be caged and animals should reign, the world was nice before people came along. I say it's cool with me.
eek who is selling humans?!?!?! checks my wallet to see if i have enough money.
And TD found the word I was looking for. Guardian.

That basicly what many of the 'owners' of the humanoid 'pets' are called, rather than being called owners in actuallity. It's much like having an adopted child, as many of them would say, whom one can grow into a good personality and would have their own story and history. It's kind of like growing a RP character out of the ground truthfully. When the child grows up, it'll have relationships, it'll lose relationships, and it will usually go through many phases that regular people go through. Rather than being suspended to what a lion, dragon, bear, or so on and so forth might do, it would do things that most humans could do as well.

While ferals pets and such could do such things, you usually don't see them customized quite so much as one of the humanoid ones are. They don't weild flowing gowns, rugged shirts and pants, nor do they carry weapons usually.

More times than now, a lot more thought and creativity is put into these variety of 'pets' in the B/C. They tend to look more ellaborate, and many of them don't even have the same lineart as the others of the shop. If you'll see shops like Legends, GMFC, F'AE, or any other humanoid shop, they all tend to be unique in their characteristics, and one could recognize them rather easily from others in the crowd.

Also, humanoid pets tend to be much more popular than animal ones. ^^; They bring in more gold and items too. <.< >.>;

And such and such...
I agree with TriskDaemon, it is art, not living creatures. I'm not that interested in pets and so on, but I think the concept is fun, and as long as one keeps art from reality I can't see anything wrong with it.
Airez
~Long posty goodness~

<offtopic>Yeah, I found that pets tend to do better with a personality, with traits that you can see on their faces, read in expressions. Pets that are expressionless (like mine) tend to not get a lot of interest (like mine). *grins* It's kind of an interesting thing to see. People say, a lot of them, that they collect their breedables for the artwork, or delve into a few for the RP... But the ability to relate to the character, or the mere presence of a character, is very important. That's why human(oid) pets do so well, in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff