Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

Hopefully they'll increase the multipliers next, otherwise...disappointing. Not that we need another way to generate gold.

Chatty Friend

11,775 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
I'm happy that Aquariums got acknowledged but I am dissapointed as well, before even upping the max payout in Booty Grab the Gaia Staff could have atleast given us some new fish and accessories for or tanks, there's not many tanks to play BG on as it is to even reach the new max payout and that's down to alot of people giving up on the aquarium feature all together!

Gaia Staff have alot to do to get Aquariums back on track and up to date x_x;

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

Zaade

There is a misunderstanding on some people's part within the community, just as well as the staff's. Gaia's prices will never, ever change, it will never go back to the way it once was unless they do a massive item flood involving every item, which would be ridiculous. And since they made it very clear they have no intentions on not selling gold gens, it means that the market will only keep increasing. Which means the free means of earning gold need to move/update along with the current market not stay behind because some people assume more payouts with free means = inflation. That won't happen, the only thing that will happen is that people can finally keep up with the current market that don't purchase GC. Adding gold into the market, in a different light other than gold gens, is a good thing, for the market itself and free players.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Good or bad move isn't really what's important here...

Why did they increase the cap one can get per day? 500k was already a long road to go (ie way too many hours of playing), and they increase it to 5mil? Like some other said, it's mostly encouraging botting than actually helping anyone here.

Now, if they were increasing the actual payout of each games and leave the 5mil cap, that would be a different story -- since it would be more doable without taking the whole day.

For the economy, I don't think in the end it's worst than the increase of daily chance... Will it have impacts? Maybe. Maybe not that much or maybe it will just have the effect of spreading the gold a little more. Who knows.

King Noob

guns and wings
Zaade

There is a misunderstanding on some people's part within the community, just as well as the staff's. Gaia's prices will never, ever change, it will never go back to the way it once was unless they do a massive item flood involving every item, which would be ridiculous. And since they made it very clear they have no intentions on not selling gold gens, it means that the market will only keep increasing. Which means the free means of earning gold need to move/update along with the current market not stay behind because some people assume more payouts with free means = inflation. That won't happen, the only thing that will happen is that people can finally keep up with the current market that don't purchase GC. Adding gold into the market, in a different light other than gold gens, is a good thing, for the market itself and free players.

- - -
Hmm.
I just plain disagree.

They need to stop generating gold out of thin air.
The method in which they pump it into the over saturated system doesn't matter.
Whether by paying cash or just playing games. Both methods are bad and need to be removed.
I stand by my suggestion.
It'd be better if they rewarded game items, items used for other features, instead of rewarding gold.
And anyone using aquariums to make their gold is sad and stupid. Sorry.
Spending hours upon hours to make 5ook is s**t.
Spending even more hours upon hours to make 5mil is still s**t.
Alchemy is better. In every single way.
10 minutes = 70m. And that's if you're being lazy.
And the gold isn't getting generated out of thin air to boot.
- - -

High-functioning Lunatic

22,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Wasn't part of the reason they nerfed Booty Grab in the first place waaaaayyyy back that it was generating too much gold into the system? I was sure that was the reason for the cap being implemented, therefore I really don't see how this is actually meant to help....Am I just being thick? confused

Increasing the payout and leaving the cap as it is might have been a better idea. I used to Booty Grab a lot back when it was a viable way to save up gold for a quest, but even then I don't think I ever hit the cap and I could only stand it for about an hour a day. I can't even imagine how nuts it would make you sitting playing Booty Grab EVERY day until you reach 5 mil. eek

Obsessive Bibliophile

26,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
K i n g X u m o t - XVI
I can't even get more than 1,700 gold with a really good tank.
And this is when I avoid all the debuffs and get all buffs.

I am horrible at Booty Grab.

This.

Distinct Bookworm

30,025 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
AngeIsThanatos
Wasn't part of the reason they nerfed Booty Grab in the first place waaaaayyyy back that it was generating too much gold into the system? I was sure that was the reason for the cap being implemented, therefore I really don't see how this is actually meant to help....Am I just being thick? confused

Increasing the payout and leaving the cap as it is might have been a better idea. I used to Booty Grab a lot back when it was a viable way to save up gold for a quest, but even then I don't think I ever hit the cap and I could only stand it for about an hour a day. I can't even imagine how nuts it would make you sitting playing Booty Grab EVERY day until you reach 5 mil. eek

Booty Grab used to be a primary source of inflation - it does create money out of thin air. But what it produces is nothing compared to the gold generators. Unless Gaia is totally clueless, I believe they don't want ANY significant sources of new gold that doesn't make them more money. If that's the case, raising the Booty Grab cap like that was a slap in the face for Booty Grab fans, not an actual attempt at a fix..

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
5mil is such a low payout though...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers