Welcome to Gaia! ::

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Anabaena
The cash shop has become one of those brand stores I steer clear from.

You know, those ridiculously pricey brand stores where only a few can buy anything.
Of course, you might find something in a dark corner in there that is affordable, but all the high priced stuff makes you avoid the store like a plague.
The prices, and the looks of the store clerks.

Meanwhile, we can't unsubscribe from their mailing list/catalogue. rolleyes

Brainy Bear

I would actually buy the items? :D
Just saying, but this isn't a Black Friday sale.
$5-$20 I would do! In fact I used to, prior to the inflation of the prices in the Cash Shop. At a couple thousand Gaia Cash per item . . . I can't do that!
And from what I've seen from the rest of the forum, neither is anyone else.
I'm happy to know that Gaia's willing to ignore the majority of its userbase to sell out to those who can afford $50 an item.

Magical Bibliophile

15,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
Skarlis
          Black Friday: A day where businesses sell items for large discounts compared to their MSRP.

This is no Black Friday sale on Gaia. emotion_donotwant
          If this were a true sale, items would be in limited quantity for an insanely low price. 3nodding Of the 500 limited quantities in what's been sold so far, 500 have NOT been sold. They just cost too much!
          Now, if they were sold for $15-20 each, that'd probably make them sell out faster. THAT is a sale.

Jiscard Ventis dePadyak
If prices were actually low I might have bought something and maybe not just 1 item. This items were same prices and more just like what were being sold through club verge and their Flash Sales. They just label it Black Friday Sale when it's actually not.

I think I consider it a sale if price will range from $2.50 to $15 and $20-25 for the exclusives at east.

Koohii Monsutaa

Even $20 is a bit much for pixels. Those prices are stupidly insane.
I wouldn't pay much more than $5. I remember back when the MCs were the only cash item. I'd donate that.

Its not like they need every cent to survive. They're not small time artists that actually need the money. Gaia must be filthy rich by now. But our rambling is wasted. They're not listening.

kitten tea

If all the items were $5 to $20, maybe even $35 I'd buy EVERYTHING.

Sparkly Star

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200
I just bought two Sims 3 expansions... since they were actually on sale! :'D

Gaia, you keep using those words.
I do not think they mean what you think they mean.

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
marketing 101...
black friday by definition in the retail world...

jack up the prices of items the week before, then magically they go on sale for the original asking price, or maybe even 10% less than what the original price was.. therefore you think you are getting a $400 item for $90 when its really a $100 item at regular retail so you really dont save.. and did i mention these sale/doorbuster deal items tend to break in a year because they are cheaply made? and now you know marketing for black friday.... sad
koolknight
marketing 101...
black friday by definition in the retail world...

jack up the prices of items the week before, then magically they go on sale for the original asking price, or maybe even 10% less than what the original price was.. therefore you think you are getting a $400 item for $90 when its really a $100 item at regular retail so you really dont save.. and did i mention these sale/doorbuster deal items tend to break in a year because they are cheaply made? and now you know marketing for black friday.... sad

Yeah, but on Gaia they're making pure profit basically (minus the new items and recolors I guess, since they had to pay someone to make/modify them), so there's no reason to mark them up. With a physical product you're losing out if you mark it down too low.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
SilverWolfSun
I would actually buy the items? :D
Just saying, but this isn't a Black Friday sale.
$5-$20 I would do! In fact I used to, prior to the inflation of the prices in the Cash Shop. At a couple thousand Gaia Cash per item . . . I can't do that!
And from what I've seen from the rest of the forum, neither is anyone else.
I'm happy to know that Gaia's willing to ignore the majority of its userbase to sell out to those who can afford $50 an item.

You'd think $55-70 would be better than $50, but apparently not.

Fairy

Jiscard Ventis dePadyak
If prices were actually low I might have bought something and maybe not just 1 item. This items were same prices and more just like what were being sold through club verge and their Flash Sales. They just label it Black Friday Sale when it's actually not.

I think I consider it a sale if price will range from $2.50 to $15 and $20-25 for the exclusives atleast.

This! And maybe $50 for exclusive bundles.

Fashionista

17,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Honestly, I would have loved to see less popular items go for cheap, as in below the 500GC mark.
They should have capped at 7500GC if it were truly a sale and limited the number of items.
This is probably why Gaia Online should stay out of the brick and mortar retail because no one would go in to buy their stuff.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
Ten Folds
Honestly, I would have loved to see less popular items go for cheap, as in below the 500GC mark.
They should have capped at 7500GC if it were truly a sale and limited the number of items.
This is probably why Gaia Online should stay out of the brick and mortar retail because no one would go in to buy their stuff.

You kind of have to have money, and access to GC (credit/game cards). For everyone else, the prices are a bit ridiculous.

Toxic Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hero 100
Odd Cinderella
Black Friday = Sale, not Lowered Prices.

This! When will people get that through there thick skulls? emotion_donotwant

Fashionista

17,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Nova0437
Ten Folds

You kind of have to have money, and access to GC (credit/game cards). For everyone else, the prices are a bit ridiculous.

I have access to both and it's still ridiculous, this is just a poor business model catered to only a certain group of users and not everyone as a whole.
Especially since it's on the regular cash shop and not under Club Verge where "premium" pricing would be more acceptable.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
Ten Folds
Nova0437
Ten Folds

I have access to both and it's still ridiculous, this is just a poor business model catered to only a certain group of users and not everyone as a whole.
Especially since it's on the regular cash shop and not under Club Verge where "premium" pricing would be more acceptable.

I would be happy if they kept their overpricing to CV. Maybe if sales started to dip, they'd catch the hint.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff