Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
I'd buy a bunch of items and not just one. Still wouldn't have spent my own money though, just what I've collected from free cash offers.

Magical Kitten

Idia
The belles were a pleasant surprise. And they are literally the only things being discounted, everything else that's five bucks started out at 4.99.

It's tempting, but I realized I've just been spending all sorts of money lately.
I had heard the Belles were discounted, but didn't know that they were actually the only ones. That's sad.

Shy Gaian

If all the items were $5 to $20, maybe even $35 I'd buy EVERYTHING.

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

To be perfectly honest, I still wouldn't buy much. My money is going elsewhere this Christmas, mostly to my family, my boyfriend, and my friends. I'd only be tempted to get something for myself if it was a really great deal.

Rare

I think if they sold everything for under $20 or $10 they would make a much larger profit-- less than 50 of the $50 items have sold each. Not only would they make a larger profit, but MP prices would be down.

However, Gaia thinks they can turn a larger profit if items stay rare and valuable. Apparently that false rarity is worth more than actual money from the users.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Castiel Lover
If the prices had been reasonable and actually a sale/bargain (like black Friday is meant to be), I would have actually probably spent a little, as positive reinforcement. But because Gaia disappointed me once again, they get nothing.

CLEAN YOUR ACT UP, GAIA, AND THIS INFLATION, TOO. Not putting up with this s**t. You won't see a drop of my cash. Only offer gc. Not until YOU fix what YOU broke.

I'm not even giving them that right now. I'd be happy to start up again if they actually addressed some of the problems instead of throwing gold and items at them, though.

Fashionable Nerd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
♥ ♥
$10-$15 or so. Bundles would be like $25.
I'd buy all the s**t. EVERYTHING. But since that's not the
case, I guess I won't. Honestly at this point I always think
of Gaia's use of the word 'sale' as something that people
can buy with money instead of earning gold to buy it.

Like. It's on SALE to purchase with money instead of users
having to go through the trouble of earning gold to buy
instead. Even though that theory kind of doesn't work
anymore with the whole Flynn thing. But that's what I
used to go by.. because their pricing has always been
asinine.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
Soubi-chu
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
♥ ♥
$10-$15 or so. Bundles would be like $25.
I'd buy all the s**t. EVERYTHING. But since that's not the
case, I guess I won't. Honestly at this point I always think
of Gaia's use of the word 'sale' as something that people
can buy with money instead of earning gold to buy it.

Like. It's on SALE to purchase with money instead of users
having to go through the trouble of earning gold to buy
instead. Even though that theory kind of doesn't work
anymore with the whole Flynn thing. But that's what I
used to go by.. because their pricing has always been
asinine.

the rats in the c e l l a r you know who you are

The 999-2000 GC bundles of the past might have sold well.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

wouldn't spend cos it's stuff I'm not that interested in

besides, IRL gifts for others>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gaia

Angelic Blob

Quote:
Rant

* Gaia has no idea how to market, it is strange. The prices and expectations are too high. Setting a cash price for an item that was never stocked in stores is definitely a problem. It makes the pricing too flexible and resulting in people buying less of the item and selling it high in the Marketplace.

* I don't care how old or rare a popular a non-MC item is; to set something pass 100 dollars is just pushing it. Especially with recolors that only require just that... recoloring.

* As for the 500 limit. I don't get it. Did they really think it would sell even half that? At the most only 30 to 40 a piece sold between these Quantity Items releases.

* I am not even sure why the word Sale is used for these events. You can't redefine what the term means by using non GC items and time passing as an excuse.
Quote:
/Rant

Wealthy Businessman

Good idea cause I'm darn sure not spending 100.00 on pixels.

Wealthy Businessman

Bunai
Quote:
Rant

* Gaia has no idea how to market, it is strange. The prices and exceptions are too high. Setting a cash price for an item that was never stocked in stores is definitely a problem. It makes the pricing too flexible and resulting in people buying less of the item and selling it high in the Marketplace.

* I don't care how old or rare a popular a non-MC item is; to set something pass 100 dollars is just pushing it. Especially with recolors that only require just that... recoloring.

* As for the 500 limit. I don't get it. Did they really think it would sell even half that? At the most only 30 to 40 a piece sold between these Quantity Items releases.

* I am not even sure why the word Sale is used for these events. You can't redefine what the term means by using non GC items and time passing as an excuse.
Quote:
/Rant

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
Halfling Heroine
If there were some good items in the under $20 bracket, then I have to admit, I might have been tempted. I'm quite glad that's not the case-I don't want to hand any more money to Gaia until they start listening to their user base again~

3nodding Userbase =/= only people who buy FB/C.

Magical Kitten

Bunai

I really have to agree with this point right here.

It seems like the 500 limit is just ridiculous, especially considering that no one is really buying those items. They're priced so high that no one is really willing to spend the money.

Right now, those items aren't going to be rare because there will be only 500 of them, they'll be rare because hardly anyone bought them.

If they had been decently priced though, like around the $5- $20 range as many people in this thread seem to agree upon, THEN you could bet your sweet giblets that they would've sold almost all 500 items.

Lavish Lunatic

The cash shop has become one of those brand stores I steer clear from.

You know, those ridiculously pricey brand stores where only a few can buy anything.
Of course, you might find something in a dark corner in there that is affordable, but all the high priced stuff makes you avoid the store like a plague.
The prices, and the looks of the store clerks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff