Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

Kitty Amazing
if it was an actual sale (say each item has a max price of $10) then the items would be deflated. supply and demand. 3nodding

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Paper Gears
They don't want to lose the value of the items?

I would like it if they sold some in gold stores though.
Make those people charging high prices in the marketplace burn.

I saw the Angelic Halo in the Cash Shop earlier

EVERYTHING HAS LOST ITS VALUE SO WHO CARES ANYMORE

Magical Kitten

Paper Gears

Like its a curse said, everything has for the most part lost its value, considering they keep re-releasing items.

Also Loyal is opening a shop that will be full of recolors (if not also the original items), soooo there's that to think about.

Magical Kitten

With Paper Gears reply to this thread, it got me thinking about what if these items were being sold in a gold shop.

So if you'd like read the Edited first post and gimme some feed back!

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Yeah, I wouldn't really call it a "sale".

Rainbow Tycoon

33,625 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
Kitty Amazing
Paper Gears

Like its a curse said, everything has for the most part lost its value, considering they keep re-releasing items.

Also Loyal is opening a shop that will be full of recolors (if not also the original items), soooo there's that to think about.

Eh I doubt it'd amount to much, maybe a year or so then it will be forgotten.

Anyways it's not the newer items that will be recolored.

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
I would have easily purchased multiple items if they'd been better priced, like, I can't justify spending so much money on one single item that isn't actually mine and that I'd probably be buying for one single specific pose AND that will lose its value once Gaia rereleases it both directly in the Cash Shops down the line and indirectly through a rare item RIG. The prices are super-discouraging and the new, not-recolored items are available in limited quantities (which is ridiculous since they're literally nothing more than pixels and code). That sales tactic might have worked if the prices were set much lower and realistically for the average Gaian, I'd definitely have been more encouraged to purchase something.

Sparkly Star

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200
If they had capped the prices on these items, I would have absolutely bought some items. When it comes down to it, these are pixels. I cannot hold them, the best I can hope for is that, some day, when I'm done with Gaia, I can sell the items for some profit and then buy artwork with the gold. Gaia is enough of a hobby for me that I don't feel bad having put some money into it, but I'm not gonna dump hundreds of dollars in one go on virtual items :T

Magical Cat

Even $20 is a bit much for pixels. Those prices are stupidly insane.
I wouldn't pay much more than $5. I remember back when the MCs were the only cash item. I'd donate that.

Its not like they need every cent to survive. They're not small time artists that actually need the money. Gaia must be filthy rich by now. But our rambling is wasted. They're not listening.

Man-Hungry Nerd

59,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
If the prices had been reasonable and actually a sale/bargain (like black Friday is meant to be), I would have actually probably spent a little, as positive reinforcement. But because Gaia disappointed me once again, they get nothing.

CLEAN YOUR ACT UP, GAIA, AND THIS INFLATION, TOO. Not putting up with this s**t. You won't see a drop of my cash. Only offer gc. Not until YOU fix what YOU broke.

Enduring Hero

If there were some good items in the under $20 bracket, then I have to admit, I might have been tempted. I'm quite glad that's not the case-I don't want to hand any more money to Gaia until they start listening to their user base again~

Hopeful Girl

Black Friday = Sale, not Lowered Prices.

Distinct Shapeshifter

Best to wait out for the less pricey GC-items... It's too bad there were only a few items that were under $10. :<
I enjoy black friday and I was prepared/looking forward to dropping some money down for Gaia's BF. It was difficult to look at these items at their prices. Which is why at most, I may go for Shin's Tenacity but that's it. Everything else, I will pass. I don't have the money to drop 150-300 dollars on these items.
The belles were a pleasant surprise. And they are literally the only things being discounted, everything else that's five bucks started out at 4.99.

It's tempting, but I realized I've just been spending all sorts of money lately.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff