Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Kitten

Yes I know another BF thread, but unlike most, I'm not complaining, at least not here anyways.

You've seen the prices, items are ranging from 35000 GC (wtf....) to 500 GC.
(I'm not sure if that's really the highest and lowest prices for all of the items on the Black Friday sale, so please don't shoot me for being wrong)

To me some of the 500 GC actually seem reasonable, I actually feel like $5 would be a tad bit worth it for the item I would be getting.
(Mind you, I have zero knowledge of what price these items were BEFORE this sale)

Now I see throughout this forum, a big outrage over how crazily expensive some of these items are, and how lots of people are flabbergasted by Gaia's gall to even promote these prices as "sales" or even in the same league as "Black Friday."

gaia_crown So, GCD, I'm wondering, what if Gaia had capped all of the prices on ALL of the items being sold during this sale, at only 2000 GC! (So it would only be a 2000 to 500 GC range) Would you be more tempted to buy some of these items?

gaia_crown What do you think would have been a more fair and reasonable price range for the Black Friday sales? Or do you think it's already fair?

gaia_crown How do you feel about the 500 item limit? Do you think it creates healthy competition? Or horrible inflated prices in the MP? Would you prefer an item limit?

EDIT:
gaia_crown How would you feel if some of these items were being sold in Dernier Cri?

gaia_crown What Black Friday gold price ranges do you think would be acceptable for these rare items?

gaia_crown Do you think it would make an awesome gold sink? And possibly make inflation not so bad in the MP?

Melodious Conversationalist

Black Friday: A day where businesses sell items for large discounts compared to their MSRP.

This is no Black Friday sale on Gaia. emotion_donotwant
          If this were a true sale, items would be in limited quantity for an insanely low price. 3nodding Of the 500 limited quantities in what's been sold so far, 500 have NOT been sold. They just cost too much!
          Now, if they were sold for $15-20 each, that'd probably make them sell out faster. THAT is a sale.

Kawaii Star

12,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Frozen Solid 200
Skarlis
          Black Friday: A day where businesses sell items for large discounts compared to their MSRP.

If this were a true sale, items would be in limited quantity for an insanely low price. 3nodding Of the 500 limited quantities in what's been sold so far, 500 have NOT been sold. They just cost too much!
          Now, if they were sold for $15-20 each, that'd probably make them sell out faster. THAT is a sale.
'

Even 20$ seems like a lot for a item on a site that can "lock" your account after not being active.

Melodious Conversationalist

its a curse
Skarlis

'

Even 20$ seems like a lot for a item on a site that can "lock" your account after not being active.

Mmmm, good point.
          *thinks about this*
          Best I can do is $5. surprised

Bilge rat

I planned on spending a little the year....but none of the prices are "good deals" to me.
I guess I get to save some money. 4laugh

Kawaii Star

12,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Frozen Solid 200
5$ would be a wicked sale.

I'd rather stand in black friday lines for cheap toys for my 3 year old than buy from Gaia's black friday sale.
(which I'm not doing either, HELLO CYBER MONDAY! heart heart heart )

Kawaii Star

12,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Frozen Solid 200
Keen Incisions
I planned on spending a little the year....but none of the prices are "good deals" to me.

/offtopic
I LOVE YOUR AVATAR

and aren't those grab bags so addictive? ;___;

I'm not posting how many I've opened. LOL

Magical Kitten

Love the feed back.

I have to say, considering we could take our money and spend it on tangible items, rather than pixels, this "sale" truly doesn't mean s**t.

I agree with a lot of you that maybe 500 GC should've been the cap, and that still keeping the items limited may have been a good idea.

That way, not only would it entice people even more to spend money, but Gaia would have probably for sure sold each and every one of them. There would have been WAY more traffic to Gaia during the sale times of a certain item.

Wheezing Smoker

12,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
its a curse
Keen Incisions

/offtopic
I LOVE YOUR AVATAR

grab bags?
I would definitely buy a few items if they were in the $5-$20 range. 5 items for $100 versus 2 just makes me feel better (if I did have $100 to spend).

Lonely Loiterer

If the items were actually $20 and below, I would probably give in and buy Wintergreen Refrain. OTL

As it stands at $50, I don't have enough money. I'd literally go broke trying to buy it, not that all my money is in my bank account where I could access it to give to Gaia.

Kawaii Star

12,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Frozen Solid 200
Non-toxic Cliche
its a curse
Keen Incisions

/offtopic
I LOVE YOUR AVATAR

grab bags?

The 50k ones in Durem Depot.

Recolors of commons and a super cute bunny if you're lucky. (haven't been) but I love the recolors

Sparkly Phantom

If prices were actually low I might have bought something and maybe not just 1 item. This items were same prices and more just like what were being sold through club verge and their Flash Sales. They just label it Black Friday Sale when it's actually not.

I think I consider it a sale if price will range from $2.50 to $15 and $20-25 for the exclusives atleast.

Rainbow Tycoon

9,450 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Tycoon 200
They don't want to lose the value of the items?

I would like it if they sold some in gold stores though.
Make those people charging high prices in the marketplace burn.

Steadfast Ladykiller

16,300 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200
I still wouldn't be able to buy because i got cleaned out with the rig, but I would be happy with those prices. heck it'd mean deflation on a lot of good items. But... wintergreen refrain, i'd find a way to buy for $20 totally.

Honestly I don't think the 500 limit does much. Assuming the purchase rate is the same as the other time things were put up for $50, then 500 is being generous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games