Welcome to Gaia! ::

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Salathielly
Ah! I thought I'd read that somewhere...though I hadn't heard WHAT she made...blech. xP It is now my headcanon that she taught Rina how to cook.

I'd send you Christmas candy through the internet if I could. xD;;

Ooo, that might be the case. Usually Gaia's pretty awesome when I copy-paste things from Word, though.

Hmm... this also probably means Leon would have no problem stomaching Rina's food. No wonder they get along so well!

Don't forget, those messages are probably being pulled out of a database, not entered through the normal posting form. That means they're probably not getting processed the proper way. If that makes sense! sweatdrop
Pie
Salathielly
Ah! I thought I'd read that somewhere...though I hadn't heard WHAT she made...blech. xP It is now my headcanon that she taught Rina how to cook.

I'd send you Christmas candy through the internet if I could. xD;;

Ooo, that might be the case. Usually Gaia's pretty awesome when I copy-paste things from Word, though.

Hmm... this also probably means Leon would have no problem stomaching Rina's food. No wonder they get along so well!

Don't forget, those messages are probably being pulled out of a database, not entered through the normal posting form. That means they're probably not getting processed the proper way. If that makes sense! sweatdrop
If I left the oven on for a while, would all of this snow melt?

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Pie

I seem to recall something from Rina's botted posts about Leon attending her tea parties or something like that, so...doesn't surprise me. xD;;

It does make sense...still bothers me a bit, though, not gonna lie. emotion_sweatdrop

On the topic of speculation...I'm really hoping this new REI will reveal any more information about Gaia's angels and demons (and perhaps other supernatural entities). We have some information from the Halloween event, but given how prevalent angel and demon themed items are on Gaia, I'm honestly surprised there's not more.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

The Iron Magus
Yes. The NPCs will quote trigger the NPCs, for an endless loop of NPC spam. The squishy humans, and their irrelevant "conversations," will be unnecessary.

This is insane. They're replying to, like, every post in this thread! gonk

I'm gonna need to start issuing security badges.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Salathielly
I seem to recall something from Rina's botted posts about Leon attending her tea parties or something like that, so...doesn't surprise me. xD;;

It does make sense...still bothers me a bit, though, not gonna lie. emotion_sweatdrop

On the topic of speculation...I'm really hoping this new REI will reveal any more information about Gaia's angels and demons (and perhaps other supernatural entities). We have some information from the Halloween event, but given how prevalent angel and demon themed items are on Gaia, I'm honestly surprised there's not more.

I... wonder what Rina's tea is like. She's skilled at growing and arranging flowers... but... would she use the right plants for it?

Oh yeah! I meant to congratulate you, I did see your suggestion for this in AtS -- must be exciting to see it become reality! biggrin If nothing else, at least we'll get to see what angel and demon courtship is like...? I'm curious what stories will lie behind the lock and key necklaces.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Pie
I... wonder what Rina's tea is like. She's skilled at growing and arranging flowers... but... would she use the right plants for it?

Oh yeah! I meant to congratulate you, I did see your suggestion for this in AtS -- must be exciting to see it become reality! biggrin If nothing else, at least we'll get to see what angel and demon courtship is like...? I'm curious what stories will lie behind the lock and key necklaces.

I know herbal teas can get pretty creative, but still...I can imagine her trying to make poinsettia tea or something. emotion_facepalm

I am really psyched, probably about like you were when they released the elf skins! I was kind of hoping this was what bluealaris was hinting at in the last AtS, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much.

I also hope this paves the way for more NPCs to become REIs. I think of that as a "positive" way they can monetize the story - it gives us more background on NPCs we love AND awesome items.

When I have some more time after my visiting friends social time is over and my family Christmas stuff is over, I'm going to try to do some research on Gaia's angel and demon cosmology and see what I can dig up. All I can remember right now is that they are beings that exist somewhere between gods and mortals and they differed mainly in their opinion of how to deal with mortals.

Meh. Maybe after this they'll reveal more about the gods. I'm still waiting to hear about Gaia's other three sons.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Salathielly
I know herbal teas can get pretty creative, but still...I can imagine her trying to make poinsettia tea or something. emotion_facepalm

I am really psyched, probably about like you were when they released the elf skins! I was kind of hoping this was what bluealaris was hinting at in the last AtS, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much.

I also hope this paves the way for more NPCs to become REIs. I think of that as a "positive" way they can monetize the story - it gives us more background on NPCs we love AND awesome items.

When I have some more time after my visiting friends social time is over and my family Christmas stuff is over, I'm going to try to do some research on Gaia's angel and demon cosmology and see what I can dig up. All I can remember right now is that they are beings that exist somewhere between gods and mortals and they differed mainly in their opinion of how to deal with mortals.

Meh. Maybe after this they'll reveal more about the gods. I'm still waiting to hear about Gaia's other three sons.

It's festive! For the holidays! emotion_awesome And milkweed should make it nice and milky, right?

See, I gotta admit -- for all the grief SF gives AtS, I'm loving it so far. Elf skins alone has made it so worth it. And I'd love to see REIs as an avenue for NPC development. Just so long as they keep it to the more obscure ones and not, like, Diedrich or Cygnus. emotion_eyebrow

We can get to it later. Enjoy your holidays, and let visions of ships dance in your head. 3nodding

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Pie
Salathielly

It's festive! For the holidays! emotion_awesome And milkweed should make it nice and milky, right?

See, I gotta admit -- for all the grief SF gives AtS, I'm loving it so far. Elf skins alone has made it so worth it. And I'd love to see REIs as an avenue for NPC development. Just so long as they keep it to the more obscure ones and not, like, Diedrich or Cygnus. emotion_eyebrow

We can get to it later. Enjoy your holidays, and let visions of ships dance in your head. 3nodding

Mmm, milkweed and poinsettia tea! I'm going to make some right now! emotion_awesome

Every single NPC should have at least one REI. Err, I mean. I think it would be nice if they would vary it. I wouldn't mind an REI involving Cygnus if it focused on the Star People and told more about them. We already know a little bit, though, and he gets lots of focus. They could trade off doing zOMG! NPCs, shopkeepers who haven't had much time in the spotlight, manga NPCs, and RIG NPCs. Heck, they could even do a full-blown EI featuring Cindy going around interviewing a ton of NPCs, and each week it would update with a new outfit set for the NPC getting interviewed that week plus the text for the interview! emotion_awesome

I'm down with the shipping, but I'm less excited about that than I am about character backstory and potential world development. xD;; I'm weird like that. I hope you enjoy your holidays as well!

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Salathielly
Pie
Salathielly

Mmm, milkweed and poinsettia tea! I'm going to make some right now! emotion_awesome

Every single NPC should have at least one REI. Err, I mean. I think it would be nice if they would vary it. I wouldn't mind an REI involving Cygnus if it focused on the Star People and told more about them. We already know a little bit, though, and he gets lots of focus. They could trade off doing zOMG! NPCs, shopkeepers who haven't had much time in the spotlight, manga NPCs, and RIG NPCs. Heck, they could even do a full-blown EI featuring Cindy going around interviewing a ton of NPCs, and each week it would update with a new outfit set for the NPC getting interviewed that week plus the text for the interview! emotion_awesome

I'm down with the shipping, but I'm less excited about that than I am about character backstory and potential world development. xD;; I'm weird like that. I hope you enjoy your holidays as well!
ah, shipping is all about knowing everything about the characters and their background. It's not just shallow need to see two characters kiss or hold hands, it's much more serious than that my friend emotion_awesome

The idea of interviewing every week and have a set of pose that comes with sounds really awesome. If only gaia would do that though ; w ;

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

minghii
ah, shipping is all about knowing everything about the characters and their background. It's not just shallow need to see two characters kiss or hold hands, it's much more serious than that my friend emotion_awesome

The idea of interviewing every week and have a set of pose that comes with sounds really awesome. If only gaia would do that though ; w ;

That is also very true! I have a drive to know everything I can about these characters. I guess I just feel I have to clarify that I wasn't asking for this REI JUST for shipping purposes. Do I ship these characters? Um, they're already married, so yes? Why is this even a question for some people. xD;; But I want to know both their backstory (what happened before we met them in the CI) and what happens to them after the CI. I'm hoping they end up finding each other because I'm a sucker for happy endings. I'm also hoping that they'll take this opportunity to expound more on Gaia's angels and demons - world building and character development at the same time, two of my very favorite things! emotion_awesome

I kind of dropped that hint in the pre-AtS thread. I certainly like seeing Cindy interview NPCs in the community updates, but I also think that should feature more user content...plus this way we'd get both interviews AND new NPC items. emotion_dowant
Salathielly
minghii

That is also very true! I have a drive to know everything I can about these characters. I guess I just feel I have to clarify that I wasn't asking for this REI JUST for shipping purposes. Do I ship these characters? Um, they're already married, so yes? Why is this even a question for some people. xD;; But I want to know both their backstory (what happened before we met them in the CI) and what happens to them after the CI. I'm hoping they end up finding each other because I'm a sucker for happy endings. I'm also hoping that they'll take this opportunity to expound more on Gaia's angels and demons - world building and character development at the same time, two of my very favorite things! emotion_awesome

I kind of dropped that hint in the pre-AtS thread. I certainly like seeing Cindy interview NPCs in the community updates, but I also think that should feature more user content...plus this way we'd get both interviews AND new NPC items. emotion_dowant
You're not even throwing the snowballs right. Here, I'll do it: *thwack* AH, RUN! NO, NOT TOWARDS H&R WESLEY!

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
Salathielly

So, I have this notion firmly lodged in my head that Leon and Rina are brother and sister. I don't know if that was retconned, or if it was just fanon in the first place, but it was one of the first things I learned about the NPCs on the site, and I haven't been able to shake it out of my head, even though I'm pretty sure I've been told this is not the case anymore.
It makes sense, though. I mean, they've always had a close and sibling - like relationship - - the whole tea party thing is just the most recent example of that. It's been that way since the beginning. And back then, Rina was even younger than she is now, and Leon was still a grow man, so I'm not sure what else would explain how close they are.
And since that would make Olivia Rina's mom too, then it would make sense that she was the one who taught her how to cook. xd
I'm actually somewhat tempted by the new EI, but it's a bit early to tell...
Pie

This is insane. They're replying to, like, every post in this thread! gonk

I'm gonna need to start issuing security badges.

If you ignored them, do you think they'd still be able to post? sweatdrop

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

The Iron Magus
If you ignored them, do you think they'd still be able to post? sweatdrop

Whaaaaaat?! Ignore an NPC account?!! That sounds like blasphemy, good sir! scream

... unfortunately for me, it also sounds like science. So reserve me a place in GCD hell because I'm going to try it.

I've ignored the NPCs we've already gotten (I've started keeping a list here). If it works, we won't see them again.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Salathielly

The Iron Magus

So, I have this notion firmly lodged in my head that Leon and Rina are brother and sister. I don't know if that was retconned, or if it was just fanon in the first place, but it was one of the first things I learned about the NPCs on the site, and I haven't been able to shake it out of my head, even though I'm pretty sure I've been told this is not the case anymore.
It makes sense, though. I mean, they've always had a close and sibling - like relationship - - the whole tea party thing is just the most recent example of that. It's been that way since the beginning. And back then, Rina was even younger than she is now, and Leon was still a grow man, so I'm not sure what else would explain how close they are.
And since that would make Olivia Rina's mom too, then it would make sense that she was the one who taught her how to cook. xd

So! I decided to go looking around to see if I could find any information to confirm or deny this. First thing I found was a copy of the old intro, which has the same relationship we've known them for... but I think it's worth noting that Rina calls him "Leon the gate guard" and doesn't mention him being her brother or anything.

However, I then dug up something I completely forgot about. It wasn't Leon's mom who taught Rina how to cook... it was Leon! (Another indication they're not related -- he says 'my mom' and not 'our mom'.)

Apparently, he doesn't enjoy his mother's cooking as much as he indicates in zOMG! -- in one dialogue branch, he defends it with "Are you saying there's something WRONG with my dear mother's cooking, which nourished me into the stout, strong man I am today?" Come to think of it, though, he never says anything good about the actual food... maybe he just doesn't like people insulting his mom? Makes sense to me. sweatdrop

Also, there was a few more cute pictures in Rina's journal that we can't see since it's locked now. Even if Leon's not Rina's real brother, I think we can all agree that he is the best big brother figure, d'awwww.
Pie
Salathielly

The Iron Magus

So! I decided to go looking around to see if I could find any information to confirm or deny this. First thing I found was a copy of the old intro, which has the same relationship we've known them for... but I think it's worth noting that Rina calls him "Leon the gate guard" and doesn't mention him being her brother or anything.

However, I then dug up something I completely forgot about. It wasn't Leon's mom who taught Rina how to cook... it was Leon! (Another indication they're not related -- he says 'my mom' and not 'our mom'.)

Apparently, he doesn't enjoy his mother's cooking as much as he indicates in zOMG! -- in one dialogue branch, he defends it with "Are you saying there's something WRONG with my dear mother's cooking, which nourished me into the stout, strong man I am today?" Come to think of it, though, he never says anything good about the actual food... maybe he just doesn't like people insulting his mom? Makes sense to me. sweatdrop

Also, there was a few more cute pictures in Rina's journal that we can't see since it's locked now. Even if Leon's not Rina's real brother, I think we can all agree that he is the best big brother figure, d'awwww.
Your cooking is so tough that I'm contemplating starting a shoe company, just to give your overcooked meat some kind of purpose.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff