Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your preferred/favorite type of Donation Item? Feel free to elaborate in a post in the thread as well.

Angel Subscriber Items (2018 - Present) 0.092879256965944 9.3% [ 30 ]
Monthly Collectibles (2005 - 2018) 0.4984520123839 49.8% [ 161 ]
"Valuable" ones. 0.20123839009288 20.1% [ 65 ]
Animal base ones (exclusively). 0.021671826625387 2.2% [ 7 ]
Human base ones (exclusively). 0.18575851393189 18.6% [ 60 ]
Total Votes:[ 323 ]

xRedHatx's Wife

Original Grunny

26,065 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Generous 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I've probably posted in this thread already, but oh well.

Mini angel wings, mini nitemare wings, Horns of the demon, OMG, angelic pendant, grunny, angelic and nitemare scarves, chain wallet, nitemare sash, demonic and winged anklets, OMG scarf, masterpieces.

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Evalinna
oh my jebous, reading the first page of this scared me, i thought i was in a different forum O.O
that aside, i really love the Junos Lace MC. The original white one, the new recolors have gotten a bit crazy, mostly because i want all ofthem and they are supa expensive lol. It's my favorite because it layers with EVERYTHING!!!! And if you pair it with any number of corsets it's really pretty lol.

~Eva

Yes it's quite old and, unfortunately, a little out of date in terms of a nice, simple list link like I used ot have. That and the posts from 2006 were full of young'ins. I do like the Juno's lace MC myself since it is pretty darn elegant. It's nice that they made so many recolors, but I also feel like Gaia is recolor happy and the MCs are overshadowed by the endless recolors of the original.

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
DNA Polymerase
Panumbra
DNA Polymerase
damnn i just realized this thread was from 2006 surprised

Yup, my thread is old. u.u
Though, while it may be ancient, it is still relavent for discussing the various MCs that exist and continue to come into being.

lol yes it is still relevant, im glad they didnt get rid of "donation" items and kept the tradition going.
speaking of ancient, and going on topic, my favorite mc is ancient katana c: love that weapon. it actually seems really well made as compared to many of the other sword items so far.

Yes, I'm glad that they have kep the MC tradition (or Donation Item from the old terminology) alive, but I definitely feel like it's being overshadowed by the endless recoloring of items and constand bombardment by flash sales and limited items. So little pomp and cirucumstance these days! sad

Bibliophile

Wow this thread is old XD

I find it hard to decide between Dew Drop and Fading Ember. Both completely different items but I love them for the same reason: they are beautiful and elegant and flowy and extremely versatile.

Angelic Champion

Have I posted here before? I can't remember. emotion_0A0

Anywho~
My favourite donation item is definitely the Holy Gauntlets. I use it on my usual avatar and I just love the look of it. I just wish it was a nicer shade of gold.

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Hey all, I'm still alive, though I've been remiss in my duties on updating certain things on this thread. Got a lot of stuff going on in my life right now and have been working on, but I'm going to try and work on this thread a little more to keep it up and running well and smoothly. The new donation items for this month (January 2015) aren't bad; it's nice to see that Gaia is keeping the trend of creating animal base MC's for the coming year as well. Of the two human base ones, I think the shaman one is my preferred (mostly the blindfold). What are all of your thoughts?

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Oh, as a note to those who have come here before (or to those who are new even), I have updated the poll on the first page, so check it out and vote when you get the chance!

Sparkling Supporter

I remember when I actually knew what the MC's were each month the June ones were usually especially nice. That's also my birth month so there could be a bit of bias.

Sparkling Trash

20,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Panumbra
Oh, as a note to those who have come here before (or to those who are new even), I have updated the poll on the first page, so check it out and vote when you get the chance!

dude the prizes tho- 200k for winning xd

Omnipresent Regular

15,990 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lorennland
Panumbra

dude the prizes tho- 200k for winning xd

Yeah, I need to update that.

Dangerous Seraph

19,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Dark Omen has to be one of my favorites. The arm mod is simply stunning and it just has such a regal feel to it.

I do miss the days of getting "Sequel" donation items. Like Oculus Magica and Oculus Mythica. Now we just get recolors... But a true "sequel" item was always the best!

Sparkling Supporter

The Muse of Life
Dark Omen has to be one of my favorites. The arm mod is simply stunning and it just has such a regal feel to it.

I do miss the days of getting "Sequel" donation items. Like Oculus Magica and Oculus Mythica. Now we just get recolors... But a true "sequel" item was always the best!
That's a cool idea for the MCs, Superior and Uncanny form were both really nice. They could definitely make more.
Companion ones are also cool, like they go together but aren't just recolored. Sister of Sin and Brother of Virtue are some of my favorites for that.

Generous Lover

18,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Id have to say my favorites have been the OMG and the Nitemare Scarf
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Allenas's Girlfriend

Mega Gaian

17,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
I am a huuuuuuuuge fan of MCs and I always have been; getting back into them when I returned to Gaia a couple of years ago has been a lot of fun, with the monthly anticipation and, in my opinion, really great items that for the most part consistently uphold what it means to be an MC. Might be why I'm questing for all of them. emotion_awesome

As for my absolute favorite, I have to go with OMG and Fuzzy Penguin Slippers. Though I've adapted to the Gaian styles of the times (sometimes!), I still feel naked without my OMG on my head and there just aren't any shoes as grand as Pengies. :3 heart

Wicked Magician

17,025 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Tycoon 200
You forgot "useful" ones in the poll above. I very rarely keep donation items that don't fit my avatar dress-up style.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff