Jaeroon's Husbando

Distrustful Human

8,575 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
King of Havoc
RedTwinBlade
I'd have to agree, but that's not always bad. I'd rather get a few replies, where an intelligent conversation is held, over a large amount of spam. I don't get many to boot, but I sort of have a dull conversational style, and use larger words in the place of semantically equivalent replacements.

*high-five* My writing is a little dull, and my vocabulary tends to be on the multi-syllabic side of things as well. Maybe it's just our writing style.

I absolutely adore you Kite cosplay, btw. It's perfect!
I understand where you come from on that. I'm also heavily opinionated, and that tends to alienate, from my best inferences.

And, Thank you! I put a lot of work into it, and it's still nowhere near done. my signature has the tektek for my goal avatar.

Omnipresent Demigod

HDMI

~~~
Depends on the topic and where the forum is. Slow moving or fast moving, if enough people feel the topic is interesting enough.
~~~

HDMI

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
People only reply now if they get quoted.

It totally ruined thread-stalking emo

Special Snowflake

Dickie Twinkles

I prefer it that way, I lost many an hour stalking for a reply to me only to never get one pre-notification xd

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sand Dancer Shaka
Dickie Twinkles

I prefer it that way, I lost many an hour stalking for a reply to me only to never get one pre-notification xd

Yeah but then you end up with discussions between only 2 people and those kinds usually end up more like arguments.

Special Snowflake

Dickie Twinkles

Yeah but then you end up with discussions between only 2 people and those kinds usually end up more like arguments.
That's a good point. There have been times I've jumped into a conversation only to really be met with an air of "why are you talking to me" sweatdrop

Aemon Targaryen's Partner

Tiny Lionheart

I've noticed that I tend to be quoted more when I quote someone else first.
Perhaps some users are simply shy about striking up a conversation, and are waiting for someone else to start one up with them.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sand Dancer Shaka
Dickie Twinkles

That's a good point. There have been times I've jumped into a conversation only to really be met with an air of "why are you talking to me" sweatdrop

Yeah, I've had that a lot sweatdrop

Btw, your art is great 3nodding

Special Snowflake

Dickie Twinkles

Yeah, I've had that a lot sweatdrop

Btw, your art is great 3nodding

Shame, that it feels that way. It should really be a free for all!

(Thank you very much!)

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
I used to interact more with this site, trying to upkeep shops, guilds or otherwise (which have all fallen flat on their face at this point), but as I've aged I'm content with just logging in to read the up and ups in the GCD and reply here and there if I feel like it.

I think I quote more than I am quoted. I think for the most part though, when I reply to a thread, it's because I am saying a point to the OP's point. When I quote it's because I'm responding to a specific person, while perhaps at the same time still keeping OP in mind. I wonder if this is how others look at replying, not feeling the need to respond to much more than the OP, and leaving.

Well I can become a troll and say 'dumb' things just to get replies...but alas that feels way too cheap.

Unbeatable Bookworm

27,575 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Married 100
I actually noticed this myself, that people tend to post their opinions and run?
That's why I actually tend to avoid posting, unless it's something I really do want to chip in.
I don't think I'm quoted very often, and I seem to have a trend of killing threads, as well. As soon as I post, the thread stops moving, no one else posts. I hope I don't kill your thread. ;.;

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

I think a lot of it any more is people just want someone to argue with. A lot of the people in the GCD don't tend to argue so that's why many go unquoted. That or people that can't accept the fact that not everyone has the same opinion as them.

Friendly Poster

D i a
I actually noticed this myself, that people tend to post their opinions and run?
That's why I actually tend to avoid posting, unless it's something I really do want to chip in.
I don't think I'm quoted very often, and I seem to have a trend of killing threads, as well. As soon as I post, the thread stops moving, no one else posts. I hope I don't kill your thread. ;.;

Aw, don't worry. I really doubt you could honestly kill a thread just by posting. It's all about timing, you know? If people aren't posting because they don't want to repeat a popular opinion or they don't want to argue, then of course the thread will lose momentum.

*pats* You just need to work on timing! heart

Backwoods Sage

I tend not to quote people unless I'm adding something that extends their original point. So if I just agree with someone, I'd sooner tip them rather than quote them with "I agree".

In a way, I think it's good because it helps move the discussion forward. Because of that, I'm never too bothered if no one quotes me - although, it's always nice if the point you've made inspires someone to reply to you.
A lot of the time, I feel it depends on how succinct your post is in the first place and who happens to actually read it.

This is an interesting thread, by the way. c:

Unbeatable Bookworm

27,575 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Married 100
King of Havoc

Aw, don't worry. I really doubt you could honestly kill a thread just by posting. It's all about timing, you know? If people aren't posting because they don't want to repeat a popular opinion or they don't want to argue, then of course the thread will lose momentum.

*pats* You just need to work on timing! heart

Ha! Thank you. Sometimes I just feel discouraged, but it's really nice to be encouraged, instead!
I'm not sure if it's been said yet, but I feel like where you are in the forums would make a difference when it comes to responding and discussion, as well. I spend a good amount of time lurking here in the GCD, but I am also a frequent flyer in the Art Freebs. Everyone over there is super nice, and I love seeing everyone and their different requests, but sometimes it just feels like people toppling over each other to get some artwork. ^^;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff