Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unholy Spirit

Yerosh
yeah you don't get replied to unless your post is really long

Honestly, I don't feel that is true, because... I often have some pretty long posts and get no replies cat_emo ...And... Some of my shorter posts get lots of tips User Image

...I guess it just comes down to whether people have anything to say to you or add to add to what you're saying cat_3nodding

Muscular Hero

meep12345

Honestly, I don't feel that is true, because... I often have some pretty long posts and get no replies cat_emo ...And... Some of my shorter posts get lots of tips User Image

...I guess it just comes down to whether people have anything to say to you or add to add to what you're saying cat_3nodding

I can vouch for this. I read your long posts, but never have anything to add- so I don't quote you sweatdrop

Unholy Spirit

Sand Dancer Shaka
meep12345

I can vouch for this. I read your long posts, but never have anything to add- so I don't quote you sweatdrop

Funny enough, I could say the same for you too cat_wink ...And I really think it is just that, sometimes, what other people say doesn't necessarily require a response or more to be added to what they said cat_3nodding

Dangerous Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
Just 'cause a post isn't quoted, doesn't mean it isn't read... there's always... the lurkers

They're out there, and they're watching... always watching... whee
I dunno I've had some really great, pretty intense conversations
partially because these active forums bring all sorts of users and opinions
but that's also why you can't always expect people to respond to you

nothing's really foreign and people quickly get bored of that
alot of people are also pretty comitted to their views being superior
which is why sometimes you've gotta entirely overreact, or really explain things to get some conversation in
stir up s**t, spark some doubt
I don't really see as a bad thing

I've started to quote others more too
I'm a champ at thinking things over too much so I can usually find something quote worthy

Bloodthirsty Bunny

It's why I have the 'Dragon Ninja' title in my sig. 95% of my posts are ignored or looked over, mostly because most of my posts are either short or just a ninja emote.
It used to bother me, since once upon a time I wanted to be Gaia famous, but now I prefer being a noone. ninja emotion_bigheart

Magical Gatekeeper

Unless you are quoting another user, posting pretty much means replying to the OP. And in threads like GCD and SF where a lot of replies are pretty similar, it's fair to not expect a response.

But if you are posting in an art shop or exchange shop, then 90% of the time you'll get a response even if you just say good luck, or nice art.

I respond to every single bump, emoticon, or two word post in my shop.

But in this thread, I don't expect a response xd someone probably said what I said already.

Devoted Smoker

6,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'd have to agree, but that's not always bad. I'd rather get a few replies, where an intelligent conversation is held, over a large amount of spam. I don't get many to boot, but I sort of have a dull conversational style, and use larger words in the place of semantically equivalent replacements.

Hardened Member

VVhip
Just 'cause a post isn't quoted, doesn't mean it isn't read... there's always... the lurkers

this sounds so ominous crying

Virtuous Noob

Slick Southpaw
VVhip

They be rummaging through yo' trash, and stalking your washing line 3nodding

Hardened Member

Le Koj
Slick Southpaw
VVhip

They be rummaging through yo' trash, and stalking your washing line 3nodding

emo I just want to talk to them they don't have to go through my discarded panty trash pile

Friendly Poster

Draconic Oni
It's why I have the 'Dragon Ninja' title in my sig. 95% of my posts are ignored or looked over, mostly because most of my posts are either short or just a ninja emote.
It used to bother me, since once upon a time I wanted to be Gaia famous, but now I prefer being a noone. ninja emotion_bigheart

Well.. That's a little sad, kind of.

So I'm going to do my part and strip away some of your ignore percentage right now! Mwuaha!

Friendly Poster

RedTwinBlade
I'd have to agree, but that's not always bad. I'd rather get a few replies, where an intelligent conversation is held, over a large amount of spam. I don't get many to boot, but I sort of have a dull conversational style, and use larger words in the place of semantically equivalent replacements.

*high-five* My writing is a little dull, and my vocabulary tends to be on the multi-syllabic side of things as well. Maybe it's just our writing style.

I absolutely adore you Kite cosplay, btw. It's perfect!
King of Havoc
J 4 C K
It just depends on where you are. I'd say 92% or 93% of my posts get at least a single quote.

I think it also depends on who you are as well. From what I can see, you're a pretty busy poster and seem to know a lot of people. The likelihood that you'd be replied to is a lot higher just because of who you are, I think.

But you definitely make a valid point. The slower forums do have a higher chance of people directly talking to each other, while the faster forums seem to be more of a hit-and-run format.
Unless your post stands outs

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces