Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Member

X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
SCP the monster in me, bb. redface

mmf, thank you. none of this avatar was planned - that is, I had a much different initial idea but then a bunch of sparks led me to what I got now. I'm proud of it. spare a vote?

can beach monster wear speedos? exclaim

donthavetotellmetwice
emotion_dowant

Most of my avatars end up like that. emotion_awesome
This one started out as a bright blue/green dragon haha

I will most definitely spare a vote!
A good vote!
the best vote!

that helm and a few others (dat HoC mage thing unfunf), if used well, are an autobahn into my heart
emotion_kirakira

Impassioned Misfit

VVhip
Neziar
It feels very one-sided, gender wise. Bikini items x 4, and then trunks, the only one masculine representing/gender neutral? Was hoping for maybe another skin mod like bad tan or swimsuit sunburn type.

Masculine items are more easily able to be 'gender neutral'. Thank patriarchal ideology for why it's seen as 'wrong' for guys to wear girls clothes and not the other way around. *shrug*

We have a sunburn item skin. No one uses it. ;D

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/25251
*high-five from orbit* Right on. Femininity is treated sooooo poorly (and, by that token, masculinity is so fragile) that the moment a dude wears a girl-gendered piece of clothing*, he is perceived as feminine or trying to emanate femininity. He's seen as throwing away or rescinding his manhood. There's a lot of heterosexism, cissexism, and binarism wrapped up in all that, too. It's like a stew of cisheteromitivity + misogyny.

*'cause we gender EVERYTHING, ridiculously, particularly clothing - clothing doesn't have genders. there aren't 'male' and 'female' clothes. sex and gender are social constructs. obviously - anyone can and should be able to wear any sack of cloth, no matter how it's shaped

Impassioned Misfit

Necoco Lily
gosh i want them all. there should be an easier way to get them though like the holiday threads.
Holiday threads? What d'ya mean?

Impassioned Misfit

Nova0437
I'm not sure why some of the bikinis are so close to the originals, though. Like Icy/Silver, or Green/Spring Grass.
Lately, Gaia's recolor slider is like three degrees off from the original item. This isn't always a bad thing, but then we end up with recolors that are nearly indistinguishable from the originals. This wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as color variety is good; however, it's when those are the only recolors we get that it becomes a problem. Like now we have two blue and two pink Sketchbook REIs - why not branch out more and do, like, emerald? Or something?

Impassioned Misfit

minghii
amazing. i dont even need to click into each item to know which ones are the newly granted ones. i just gotta look at that price lmao

also, if anyone's bother reading this, please don't be rude to the NPCs. they are definitly easier to talk to because they're not "actual people" with a lot of different emotions, so light teasing is fine and they'd give you a funny response back for it too.
But do remember that there are people behind those accounts and insulting them for being slow or overlooking you will lift the possibility of you getting a gift by -100%. that's bullying you assholes

so don't be rude. they are people behind and other than giving out stuff they're doing their best to interact around the forum too. and with people basically quote spamming them, it's hard. you don't have to go into a deep philosophical conversation about what is the meaning of life with them, ya just gotta say hi, or even comliment them for what they're wearing

just ******** treat the NPCs like actual humans please ok thank you

edit: hey guys, if any of you see people acting like entitled assholes towards the NPCs because of gifting, feel free to use this as a response emotion_awesome

User Image

and if they reply back and think they sound smart:

User Image
Kudos, friend. I'm gonna tack a short guide and call to action to not be ******** to the NPCs. I didn't think of it until your post.

Impassioned Misfit

kurl
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
kurl
Those items... were not worth that gold sink. gonk
Your avi's really cute! I want to hug it. And then probably get drilled to death. It'd be worth it, though.
If we're in the water, we could also be eaten by a shark. And then given beachwear! Yeah!!! This is a good plan!!!!

I will drill you softly then blaugh
Getting eaten by a shark would be an improvement over that beach party.
Take it slow pls or my body will shatter. redface
Pfft, oh my god. Here's a question: can drills wear swimwear?

Fluffy Bunny

19,225 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
Where are the animal swimsuits? Paws need them, too!

Impassioned Misfit

Krissim Klaw
Wow, I just got trolled hardcore. Getting gifted trunks . . . I'm a ghost, I have no legs. Is this like a taunt? Karmic punishment from the universe? crying

Thanks [NPC] Jahmez Bleakstone. I still do think however the grants really need to be done another method. I would think it would be easier on the users controlling the NPC's too. Then instead of having to put so much time into going through the gifting process, they could relax and have fun replying to users in the threads.
They should make single-sock items for ghosts!!

Any ideas for how the grants should be done? I wanna do a poll.

Impassioned Misfit

Impassioned Misfit

Sweet Sentiment
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
SadWhiteRaven
*freezes on horror* So.. .to get the event items, you have to talk with a NPC that is a real person, and they have to decide to give them to you? Not a bot? No easy links to click? No automation? *shrinks into a ball* No, not another Risky Angels! Is this true? :C
Kiiiiiiind of, though there's more than one NPC, and I think it's just more them noticing you. A bunch of people posting in this thread have been gifted, including myself, so if you stick around, you might get lucky. I think the one that was doing most of it tonight, Jahmez, headed to bed, though. 3nodding

People're hoping they'll do like they did with the 2k12 christmas bag of toys and put out grant links toward the end/after the end of the event. 3nodding
It might be effective if you added a small F.A.Q. about gifting and NPC etiquette since there seems to be a lot of people asking the same questions.
Ja - I'm definitely gonna do that, and make the link to the forum more apparent! Thanks!

Impassioned Misfit

Valansi
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Your avatar is amazing. Layering genius. I didn't even know you could do that with Danse. Mind if I use the layering trick? Not that combo, I've just always liked that pose but found it hard to use until now and art nouveau is one of my favorite movements ever emotion_dowant I think you've got an arena-worthy avatar!!

User ImageUser Image

~xD Why, thank you!
Of course you can use it. ^_^ Art Nouveau is also a favorite of mine, so I was super excited when Danse first came out. <3 I still hope for more like it, or for it to be recolored.
I've actually been thinking about putting it in, but I have horrible trouble coming up with descriptions. ^_^;
~
Yaaaay, thank you! heart Man, Art Nouveau is so fricking cool. There are so many Mucha works that I desire. Hell, the sidebar image on my tumblr is one of his works! Recolors would be great!
If you'd like, I could maybe write up something short for you! c:

Does anything happen if you try to put on any of the new bikinis or trunks? I can't help but think it'd be A+ to see a bikini bottom floating by/on your fishy! rofl

Trash Bear

X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
kurl
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
kurl
Those items... were not worth that gold sink. gonk
Your avi's really cute! I want to hug it. And then probably get drilled to death. It'd be worth it, though.
If we're in the water, we could also be eaten by a shark. And then given beachwear! Yeah!!! This is a good plan!!!!

I will drill you softly then blaugh
Getting eaten by a shark would be an improvement over that beach party.
Take it slow pls or my body will shatter. redface
Pfft, oh my god. Here's a question: can drills wear swimwear?

Okay I'll treat you like a delicate flower redface
Probably not, I'd rip them if I tried moving.

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
I knew I had seen Chompy some where before lol

Impassioned Misfit

Torse
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
SCP the monster in me, bb. redface

mmf, thank you. none of this avatar was planned - that is, I had a much different initial idea but then a bunch of sparks led me to what I got now. I'm proud of it. spare a vote?

can beach monster wear speedos? exclaim

donthavetotellmetwice
emotion_dowant

Most of my avatars end up like that. emotion_awesome
This one started out as a bright blue/green dragon haha

I will most definitely spare a vote!
A good vote!
the best vote!

that helm and a few others (dat HoC mage thing unfunf), if used well, are an autobahn into my heart
emotion_kirakira
*clears throat* Don't get sand on me. emotion_drool
i have a thing for monster boyfriends

Wow, that's quite a bit different! This one started because I misremembered and thought the gold Desdemona's wings were gold and black, not gold and brown. Then I thought, "Hey, I wonder how that helm'd look..."

Thank you very much! heart Which HoC mage thing, is that?

Galactic Designer

X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
Yaaaay, thank you! heart Man, Art Nouveau is so fricking cool. There are so many Mucha works that I desire. Hell, the sidebar image on my tumblr is one of his works! Recolors would be great!
If you'd like, I could maybe write up something short for you! c:

Does anything happen if you try to put on any of the new bikinis or trunks? I can't help but think it'd be A+ to see a bikini bottom floating by/on your fishy! rofl

User ImageUser Image

~It is! I have a number of that style of prints on wishlists of mine, including a set of the female characters from the show Firefly. xD I have a few computer wallpapers, too, but I need to go on a massive downloading spree and get a bunch more.
That would be awesome! =D

Nothing, unfortunately. I only have the purple sequin top, but I Ams like my fishy here always layer over clothing. ='[ I actually did think about trying to draw it with one on, though, or getting somebody else to. xD It would be perfect for this Beach Party.
~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces