Welcome to Gaia! ::

Impassioned Misfit

Heya GCD! Someone in the SF pointed out that we're FINALLY getting the Beach Party event that we paid for! There's currently forum set up for it! I figured I'd make a thread here, since so much of the community that actually cares about the site itself on the site holes up in the GCD!

I'm under the impression there will be NPC interaction, contests, and event item grants. I'll post them here when I find them! See the bottom of this post for how to get these items.

Item List (compiled with the help of the D-Party's thread, lilloulou, IIwizardeigesII, Mimi Sparda, Jisen Meizuki, Lady Saxophone, Boba Connoisseur, Renaissance, iBalthier, Sovngarde, lovely ghosts, Sweet Sentiment, Brenzie, Kovva, Rhea Byrne, Deruku Rorude Kaine, Nova0437, and the GCD!):

Sequin Bikini Top Set
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Sequin Bikini Bottom Set
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Checkered Kerchief Bikini Top Set
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Checkered Kerchief Bikini Bottom Set

Cool Shades Beach Trunks Set

To get these items, you basically just have to be noticed by an [NPC]. Post in the event forum. Maybe even try to hold a conversation with one of them. They have to manually gift you one of the items. Posting in this thread seems to be a good idea, too - several [NPC]s have been lurking, posting, and slinging undies at people as a surprise. Now, here's the thing - like the events of old, these [NPC]s are controlled by people. That is - unlike the last mass of forum events done by spambots, these are actual people. I imagine it's very stressful to be put in the position they are. Don't be rude to them. They have lives and obligations outside of sending us items. If they don't see your post, keep on posting, but, I repeat, DO NOT BE A TURD. If you do get an item, thank them.

Spoons:
What do you think?
Is it everything you expected?
Am I the only one whose eyes are hurt by he forum background (it's SO bright and ugh)?
Above all else... do you think it was worth the gold we sunk into it?

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
"we're FINALLY getting the Beach Party event that we paid for!"

That phrase hurts my soul, we should get events regardless of if we pay.
Guess I'm glad to get something though.

MRLucas Lee's Princess

Cosmic Animal

I'm liking those NPCs. emotion_awesome one of them gifted me with a message about getting sand in my stockings, LOL

Trash

♥ I wonder if this event is going to have some sort of special feature to it.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

the NPCs are handing out some bikini recolors. haven't really seen any daily grants for everyone yet.... o A o
btw, the d-party is making an item list in their hot tub thread

i can't remember what are all the promised tiers from the gold sink but i hope they'll be coming sooooon

and there's already the contests set up by the staff, and the NPC interactions is already going strong so emotion_awesome
check out the paparazzi for news coverage!

Wry Operator

19,375 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Wry Dealer 500
I can't wait! 3nodding Will have to look through my inventory for some summer items.

Enduring Hero

About time. Man. Various site events tend to overlap. It's like they're all planning this or something. It's a conspiracy I tell you.
In other news, glad we're finally getting our long awaited event that we had to fund.

Stubborn Gifter

I'm so glad we have the NPC interaction. You can't have an awesome party without interacting with NPCs. emotion_kirakira

But truth be told, I thought the event will be held at Town 2 version of Gold Beach, not the forum. I'm guessing it was set there because the zOMG map have some few bugs to smash.

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Is it a towns 2 thing?

bloodwitch's Wife

Eloquent Kitten

oh goodness yay time to break out the swimsuits!

speaking of which, we need more.

Intergalactic Loiterer

15,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I'm very excited! I usually really enjoy the summer events the most! c:

Sparkling Star

13,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Streaker 200
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.haru, that's not a pool!
        omg the npcs are so fun~
        i hope we get freebies lol

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

xcrimsonlegendx
"we're FINALLY getting the Beach Party event that we paid for!"

That phrase hurts my soul, we should get events regardless of if we pay.
Guess I'm glad to get something though.

All of this right here. I hope more events don't happen this way.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
Wow, the staff contests are up until August 31th eek

I wonder what there will be in the actual event to make it last for such a long time -- thought people being in vacation and away might be a good reason enough XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff