Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Mage

10,450 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
Never. I'm the same cynical sarcastic person on here as I am IRL. Unless it's an RP thing.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Viviette Valentine
I probably tend to pay attention when there's drama involved but I've seen a lot of mean, passive-aggressive users behind the cutest pixels x 3x;;; like this girl who asked for the tutorials a friend used after she said her chibis are super similar to someone else's D8; first of all I know copying and stuff do happen but really?, that couldn't be done through PMs?, second of all they were really stereotypical "cute" chibis x 3x; the user I'm talking about had a really cute avatar and her post was in tiny pink letters and full of those ";v;" emotes, it was still quite bitchy and accusatory D8; then again I know of one user in this forum who's both avatar and personality could probably send you in a diabetic coma, love you milky <333

I think people of any kind of interest can be very mean given the day or topic, I do label as "try hards" some users that type with what I suppose is "cute" baby talk?, like "how are chuu doing? ;V;" D8;;; that's just weird, maybe because I'm a foreigner? I don't really know...

@ emboldened: thing you have not understood yet is that we Americans are probably the most weirdest people in the world to the views of most of the world. Not saying that aren't weird people in other places.
Weird is fun. Just "go with it". emotion_dealwithit

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Samuel Elias Carswell
Some people can be a touch surprised by the contrast between how I behave and how I appear. I love pulling things apart and building things. Many's the frilly shirt I've spoiled in the pursuit, haha.

I find it trite to recite the old adage, 'don't judge a book by it's cover', but really, I suppose it's the crux of it all. I am honestly quite tickled when there's a massive discord between countenance and comportment.

Eloquently put. Dunno if that was on purpose or not, but that just went with your current avatar - or vice versa. mrgreen

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
daydreamer_girl
Nyadriel
It may depend on a person's mood... or maybe there is an influence.

I know that it is weird how everytime I use the "I am" poses on the Drome Egg that I get into a certain weird mood and get all cranky and stuff. My attitude completely changes and I am mean. It happened not once, but twice before I noticed it and only because some other people complained about my attitude. It's like I "get into" the character of the prehistoric bird and the sense that it is a predator in a world when it's survival of the fittest. it kinda gets all up in my head.
I don't know how, but that is the best explanation ever. rofl

Would you believe I am 51 years old? blaugh

Adephi's Significant Otter

I don't think I see too much of that here in the GCD. I can imagine it's common in the GD or CB but I don't go into those forums so I don't really care.
I'm pretty darn cute but I don't act all OMGkawaiiDESU. Well, maybe a little...

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
Nyadriel
daydreamer_girl
Nyadriel

I know that it is weird how everytime I use the "I am" poses on the Drome Egg that I get into a certain weird mood and get all cranky and stuff. My attitude completely changes and I am mean. It happened not once, but twice before I noticed it and only because some other people complained about my attitude. It's like I "get into" the character of the prehistoric bird and the sense that it is a predator in a world when it's survival of the fittest. it kinda gets all up in my head.

Considering I made a friend on here who was in her 60s, yes. xd

Receiver

No xD
the cute ones are the biggest assholes

Amateur Detective

35,390 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
I was about to write that I don't know how people can write the way they dress their avi, but I thought better of it. After all, when I make up a fun avi I sometimes change my writing style a bit, just because it fits and is fun.

Of course it works the other way around too. I'll change my avatar to fit my mood. I love Gaia's face mods, because it makes showing my mood so much easier. When I feel a bit more dramatically fangirly, I have Right In The Feels on. I use some of the darker or more mischievous face mods when I'm feeling more snarky. A cutesy expression fits when I feel a bit more perky.

If you never change your avatar, I think revolving your entire style around your avatar would be a bit stupid. You can't be perky or goth ALL the time. . .

Magic Hobo

To a certain extent how someone dresses is always going to reflect their personality... and over the top kawaii frills will always seem to me to advertise saccharine, rather than real sugar.

My avatar always perfectly reflects my personality and mood. I'm drunk in a field right now, you know.

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Nyadriel
daydreamer_girl
Nyadriel

I've met older here cat_ninja

Single Spirit

I don't think I ever act the way I dress on here, or ever have before. o.o I'm always the same person.

But depending on if I'm in a good mood or bad mood, I like to reflect that in my outfits for some reason.

Kawaii Shounen

27,440 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Magical Girl 50
my avs are usually pretty cute / pretty styled... but I act like myself, and I'm a caustic, sarcastic b***h so ..... uh. yeah that.

Buggy Mage

Pnyuu
No xD
the cute ones are the biggest assholes

Not sure if youre being sarcastic there but now you mention it one of my er, lets say rivals, wears the most cute and angelic of avatars.lol
I've always thought of evil or dark looking avatars as more of a acceptance of one's own faults. I think that's why I tend to feel more at ease with the more nuetral or evil looking avatars. I feel like I'm more likely to be encountering a humble person. So yeah, there is one positive way to view "evil" avatars. Exceptions to every rule but I think it applies rather well.

Sweet Glitch

Judging by appearance is a wrong thing.
The behaviour of people will depend on the way you have approach and the way they really are.

Now, that some people act as their dressing is not impossible but is somewhat irrational I mean isn't global RP with no plot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff