Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hardcore Muse

Eh, can't say I've really noticed it myself.

But it sounds a lot like in terms of when people hear someone with an accent and they automatically try to mimic that person's accent. neutral
Might be an unconscious thing or intentional. Who knows?

Runway Raider

25,150 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
My behavior is completely independent of my avatar. No matter what guise I choose to adopt, I always act the same. I don't even visit the GD or the Chatterbox to begin with, so I wouldn't know about whatever goes on in those two places.

Space Otaku

i act as myself, that's the only role i know anyway XD. although i can say that its the reverse for me. i don't act as my avatar, i let my avatar act as me :3
sometimes i change my avatar to reflect my mood and other times i just want my avatar to look cute or dark or cool.

i haven't gotten complaints about the way i act, so i think I'm pretty consistent with myself c:
yum_puddi

Devoted Husband

Some people can be a touch surprised by the contrast between how I behave and how I appear. I love pulling things apart and building things. Many's the frilly shirt I've spoiled in the pursuit, haha.

I find it trite to recite the old adage, 'don't judge a book by it's cover', but really, I suppose it's the crux of it all. I am honestly quite tickled when there's a massive discord between countenance and comportment.

Feral Saint

I have the Mana Seed eyes to make my avi look cute...errr...adorable...
But you know, I'm just your typical insane loner weird strange of gaian and I'd leave myself like that. I wasn't also good at socializing sweatdrop Oh, the irony....

Invisible Codger

10,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
To be honest, I've seen more people with 'qt avis' acting like total meanies on CB/GD than acting as cute as their avis would suggest they would.

To be honest the more I see a 'qt' avatar the more likely I am to assume 'oh, gawd, it's another one of those stuck-up, self-important bitches'. I feel bad for making that assuption and I'm usually very happy when it's disproven.

I change my avi way, way too much- mostly to just reflect my current mood, or if I'm just bored. redface

Fluffy Wolf

14,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
Nyadriel
It may depend on a person's mood... or maybe there is an influence.

I know that it is weird how everytime I use the "I am" poses on the Drome Egg that I get into a certain weird mood and get all cranky and stuff. My attitude completely changes and I am mean. It happened not once, but twice before I noticed it and only because some other people complained about my attitude. It's like I "get into" the character of the prehistoric bird and the sense that it is a predator in a world when it's survival of the fittest. it kinda gets all up in my head.
I don't know how, but that is the best explanation ever. rofl

Alien Visionary

19,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
I act like myself all the time, regardless of how my avatar dresses. However, if I'm role-playing as the character, then that's a different story.

Tiny Shapeshifter

I don't really pay much attention to my avatar whenever I reply to a discussion thread... sweatdrop

Some people may refer to me by my avatar every now and then though (such is the way of turtle-ness when in avatar-block mode), but my mood/opinion relies on the posts I read, and whether I have coffee in my system or not. I get my impressions of the person via their posts first (either it be positive or negative), and the coffee pretty much turn my replies' up a notch. xD

Witty Millionaire

it's called...getting into character, I mean this whole website is based on role playing
it's kinda hard to avoid the temptation when you are playing as a doll or a chibi you or whatever

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
tbh I don't think/worry about it.

Okay, in all honesty, I usually enjoy seeing cute avatars and then the person talking in a 'cute' way. Again, key word usually. Sometimes it's just overdone and neutral
      And as far as the dark avatars go, if they have a real snarky, bitchy attitude to go along with it, it's a real drag. Then again, the attitude is a drag whether or not they have a dark avatar or not.

In the end, I try not to judge on looks right away. I know that there's really nice people out there who don't try to fit a 'character' and instead just be them-self.

Demonic Lover

I probably tend to pay attention when there's drama involved but I've seen a lot of mean, passive-aggressive users behind the cutest pixels x 3x;;; like this girl who asked for the tutorials a friend used after she said her chibis are super similar to someone else's D8; first of all I know copying and stuff do happen but really?, that couldn't be done through PMs?, second of all they were really stereotypical "cute" chibis x 3x; the user I'm talking about had a really cute avatar and her post was in tiny pink letters and full of those ";v;" emotes, it was still quite bitchy and accusatory D8; then again I know of one user in this forum who's both avatar and personality could probably send you in a diabetic coma, love you milky <333

I think people of any kind of interest can be very mean given the day or topic, I do label as "try hards" some users that type with what I suppose is "cute" baby talk?, like "how are chuu doing? ;V;" D8;;; that's just weird, maybe because I'm a foreigner? I don't really know...
I'm quite vulgar in comparison to my avatar. Whoops must be the claws

Ice-Cold Knight

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
its all about the persona

role play

or just all out mood of the user 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items