Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
[[Error_404]]
i heard that it is possibly the next thing thats going to be realised....you know in island of de gambino there is a shop but you can't go in it, it has swords....so i think that will be the weapon shop. 3nodding
yeah, that'll be one of the weapons shops, of course there will be a few though, like we have a few clothes shops.

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Hmm, I'd like to keep this thread going, it makes a nice discussion point! *nods*

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Oh dear, I've just killed the topic. xp

Anyways, so what job class do u all wanna be when the gaia battle system arrives?

I plan on being a Warrior and advancing to Paladin or Samurai or something. Depends on the selection they'll have.

Feral Cat

I'd much prefer a mixed class... Mage and swordie rolled into one.. like Lina from Slayers, only with a staff in addition to the sword. Would take some kickass coordination, but man, would that ever be cool.

I'd think they would make the more powerful weapons 2-hand so we can't have people with like a missile launcher and a machine gun. I mean, they do have it set so we can wear two handheld items at once, after all...

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Lythiaren
I'd much prefer a mixed class... Mage and swordie rolled into one.. like Lina from Slayers, only with a staff in addition to the sword. Would take some kickass coordination, but man, would that ever be cool.

I'd think they would make the more powerful weapons 2-hand so we can't have people with like a missile launcher and a machine gun. I mean, they do have it set so we can wear two handheld items at once, after all...
Hmm yeah you're right. The angelic staff and bracelet i have both take one hand, so i guess they could both be concidered weapons. O.o; I'd say you would wanna be a Dark Knight, since you could use magic and weapons, but equip either a staff or sword/axe. I dunno about a staff and sword at once though, still can't imagine that. oo

Edit: oh yeah, forgot to mention... If you wanted to be a Dark Knight, you would probably have to first study as a Warrior and a Mage, incase you didn't know.

Feral Cat

Hmm, true... it would depend on the weight and size of the two. A bigass sword would obviously be 2-hand, as would a long staff. A short staff and short sword would be... useable. I more picture using the staff for blocking and occasional spell-throwing while the sword hand is free to attack.
o0NeMo0o
PhatPhil
Ovi
oh yeah and a lot of people talked about a "luck" system on Gaia, where if you befriend lots of people and are polite in the forums then your luck increases for getting rare events and special stuff, but if you misbehave and spam a lot then your luck decreases. I wonder if they ever decided to implement that or not? Maybe they already have? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I think, when the battle system is implemented, people who chose to have classes like thief/bard/cleric/paladin/etc should probably get stat increases with their "Luck" attribute, while people who choose classes like mage/demon/dark knight/etc will get a slight decrease in exchange for dark powers. That's just a suggestion though, but I think Gaia already has taken that into account.

If this became true, then the entire GD would be screwed.

I honestly think that is just someone's wild guess of a feature or a suggestion. If something like that was made so I wasn't allowed to swear, then I wouldn't be very happy.

You forgot the Chatterbox too.

Anyways, where are you getting these rumors. I read the Interview with lanzer and I didn't see any of this.
..what is spelling a word wrong suddenly evil. only problem in Chatterbox is everyone who apparently can't go to the GD or GCD for intellegent conversasion
(Get outta my peoples CB)

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
So the battle system... It will be turn-based, like a traditional RPG, right? I wonder if it will have any special features like the turn gague in Grandia II or the limit breaks from the FF series... It would be kewl if you got a different limit break depending on your stats & class, and could name it. oO nah maybe not that.
Ovi
Enlong
Perhaps the Joker items focus on confusion and disorientation. (I'm oblivious to all this calculating, I'm just going with what fits)
In addition to effecting luck, i'd say you're right. Like you could confuse, berserk, and stop enemies if you were a joker, and maybe get extra gold and fight by throwing gold if you're a king.
Jokers could also toss bladed Aces, and juggling bean bags. Plus the wands could be a nice bludgeoning (SP?) weapon.
Ovi
[[Error_404]]
i heard that it is possibly the next thing thats going to be realised....you know in island of de gambino there is a shop but you can't go in it, it has swords....so i think that will be the weapon shop. 3nodding
yeah, that'll be one of the weapons shops, of course there will be a few though, like we have a few clothes shops.
Woah! I had that same revalation about a month or two ago! Cool! (Absolutely no sarcasm in there, just clearing that up)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff