Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Final_Fantasy_7
Tutsumi
Actually it's more that just written on a big board...they have some avis that have stuff...even the admins said that the pitchfork, rod, gauntlets, etc are actually weapons...

no actually they said donation items wouldnt become weapons for battle system
t'would suck if they weren't used in the battle system. I don't see why they wouldn't be, I have a feeling the will be. I hope they will be used as weapons, at least. O.O
Saikatsu
Ovi
[image]If that isn't promoting the Gaia battle system, I dunno what is!!!

Here is a link to the pictures, and no I don't know whose site this is, but it says VO made it, plain and clear.

That's Saka's site. He's one of Gaia's artists, not all that well-known overall.

That might not even be FOR Gaia, not all of the art on that page is Gaia stuff. o_o; It does look like one of the characters on an older banner, though-- and it could just be concept art. Or an NPC. We all know NPCs get cool stuff that we can't get. XP It doesn't really indicate anything about the battle system to me.

Man, I would love it if Saka drew for me... XD

yeah that is the person from the old banner but he or she carried a wooden mage staff

Feral Cat

Final_Fantasy_7
Tutsumi
Actually it's more that just written on a big board...they have some avis that have stuff...even the admins said that the pitchfork, rod, gauntlets, etc are actually weapons...

Understandable, considering if, say, the Halo was very powerful, that would give older/wealthier Gaians an unfair advantage.

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Tutsumi
Ah...they might of said that...but they are weapons now...they said so at the last expo. Go ask them why the contradict themselves...not me.
whew! Did you learn anything else about the battle system at the expo, Tutsumi? I livei n crappy PA, so i could never get to go to onna them things... You could provide some inside scoop for us! ^.^
Actually...I've never even been to an Expo save the time my mom went to one while she was pregnant with me. I just gain my information from reliable sources who learn stuff from the expos.

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Lythiaren
Final_Fantasy_7
Tutsumi

Understandable, considering if, say, the Halo was very powerful, that would give older/wealthier Gaians an unfair advantage.
The halo will probably effect its user's attributes somehow. I don't have a problem with it, there are only a few of them in existance, and it probably wouldn't provide its user with any powerful skills or anything, just probably something like + 50% luck or +50% HP or something.

Feral Cat

Ovi
The halo will probably effect its user's attributes somehow. I don't have a problem with it, there are only a few of them in existance, and it probably wouldn't provide its user with any powerful skills or anything, just probably something like + 50% luck or +50% HP or something.

50% is a lot though. sweatdrop

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Tutsumi
Actually...I've never even been to an Expo save the time my mom went to one while she was pregnant with me. I just gain my information from reliable sources who learn stuff from the expos.
ah i see... well did your sources let u in on any other interesting tid-bits o' info-or-mat-i-on?
Lythiaren
Ovi

who cares.
If they got a halo, then they will have an advantage. -shrug-
I believe it was Stop Him who said he kept his halo because when the battle system was released, he wanted it to be a spinning discus that would behead his attacker xp

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Lythiaren
Ovi

the halo is the rarest, most sought-after item on Gaia though. 50% increase on a skill wouldn't sway the battles too much, just enough to make it worth its purpose. For example, say i have average stats like... 25 attack and 750 HP. Now someone with a halo may have like 37 attack and 1125 HP. It isn't a HUUUGE difference, but it could turn the tide of a battle. See?
Stop Him was kidding about that...it wouldn't be any bit realistic...and yes they did...and I post them all on the Gaia Temple...

Feral Cat

Putret
Lythiaren
Ovi

who cares.
If they got a halo, then they will have an advantage. -shrug-
I believe it was Stop Him who said he kept his halo because when the battle system was released, he wanted it to be a spinning discus that would behead his attacker xp

People who would have to chew through all that extra HP at higher levels?

Beheading attackers? Ooh, what a delightfully interesting scene. heart

6,425 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Lythiaren

People who would have to chew through all that extra HP at higher levels?
Like i said in my last post, it doesn't make a super difference even if they get +50% on every stat, just enough to give them a fair advantage. Also, as far as I know gaia's battle system will not have play vs player battles when it comes out, it will be about fighting monsters in the wild. Then, I believe, they will add a battle arena to fight other players after that. And like that one person said - it's the halo! of course it is gonna have some nice bonuses for its owner.
They will have player vs player and player vs monster...yes...they are also in the plans of having guild quests where you can go multi player against monsters...

5,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
i think it was locke that said in a radio interveiw a few months back that its still on paper, so not for a while

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff