Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Treat

y'all have such purty little mouths...

Tipsy Reindeer

Meh, I've always hated mouths so I'd always go mouthless back then. And back then, there were no multiple options to mouths to change them on the go- and especially no "no mouth" option when they introduced the mouth system. Back then if you had gotten your avatar forcefully re-saved for any reason, and you wanted to remove the mouth, you had to delete your avatar and make a new one without choosing a mouth.

I remember a time when being able to pose one's arms was just introduced and people went crazy about it.

Man-Lover

[Celeste Verselles]
I remember you. How did you get banned?
I don't remember but probably for being rude LOL

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
Gaia mouths... I've stopped using them because they always looked odd whenever I had. I think it might be just the shape/size of the face that makes it look odd in combination to the eyes. We still have the nose shading, subtle it is, but blown up in the customize page you can see the mouth always always seems to be right on or in the moustache region. But that's just my opinion.

Player

That mouth is so much cuter than the one we have. D:

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Gullible doll
Sexual Innuendo
Razumi Yazura
Mistaken Life
Just going to point out, that mouth is still available. It's right here on mah face.
I believe the difference is the way it's shaded. What you use is the updated version, which is arguably better, but I know that some people prefer the old outline of the mouth.
Honestly I feel like the old one is better. The old one is more triangular-shaped and kind of cute; the new one which I have now is like, a semi-circle instead of a triangle.

The old mouth is much softer. This newer version has too sharp outlining to look really good.

I miss that smile, it was my fav.
Yeah dude, I totally agree with you. I mean, the difference is really small, like it's only a mouth and it's only a few pixels, but I don't understand why we don't at least have the option of choosing the old mouth.

Wintry Dragon

I3oat
Anti-Ling
I3oat
Ah, the old skin. Where we still had shading for our lids until some people voted it off.

I LIKED THOSE LID SHADINGS. I DISLIKE WHOEVER DECIDED TO TAKE THEM OUT.

I miss you old skin..come back to me.

whoa just noticed this
so subtle
which is why I miss that damn mouth too
most of the free grins look way too cut and paste
Mhm. I remember seeing a petition against the lids and how they didn't like how it looked. Next thing I know it was gone. emotion_donotwant
I didn't even realize they were gone. I've been wearing makeup too long. sweatdrop
Jyri
When your avatar's mouth could look like this?

I'm never changing this avatar, so I'll have this mouth forever. xD

I remember all too well and that's why I chose not to resave my avatar too. :}
(It's been 1640 days.) It just sucks that I had been feeling nostalgic and happened to be wearing a peasant's dress when the switch happened. XD;
A mali
I3oat
Anti-Ling
I3oat
Ah, the old skin. Where we still had shading for our lids until some people voted it off.

I LIKED THOSE LID SHADINGS. I DISLIKE WHOEVER DECIDED TO TAKE THEM OUT.

I miss you old skin..come back to me.

whoa just noticed this
so subtle
which is why I miss that damn mouth too
most of the free grins look way too cut and paste
Mhm. I remember seeing a petition against the lids and how they didn't like how it looked. Next thing I know it was gone. emotion_donotwant
I didn't even realize they were gone. I've been wearing makeup too long. sweatdrop
I didn't even realize we had shading on the lids until it disappeared. :/ And I don't know how I didn't notice it because I was a matching-avatar-whore back then. ... I guess I wasn't picky enough yet to notice the shading. XD;

In all these years, this is the first I heard of this petition. Interesting. Thanks for this thread. I love learning knew Gaia tidbits. :}

Greedy Noob

☆•••►✿
      Ah, but some of the newer mouths are so cute and better..however I prefer to just hid my avi's mouth with a scarf. ^_^

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I have to say... I really wish I had stuck around longer during the early days of Gaia.
There's something really special about the simplicity of item & facial designs from back then. User Image
sigh that was the best mouth

Moonlight Hunter

8,750 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Team Jacob 100
Eh, I like most of the new mouths. They add personality to my avatar.

Aekea Champion

You have the eyes I first had <3

But I do like the new eyes, and this skin. So I do remember, but one should never look back :B

Borg

Adalmina
astucity
I still keep my 2005 account because it was my first account.

I miss the old skin and mouths.

I use mostly this account, which is my original one. I just haven't managed to get the same 'feeling' with the other ones... Stunning avatar, may I say!

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces