Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Gaian

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
well this is only a thought... but what do you think of the ideia of having babies in gaia? i mean if your avy could became pregnate and you could give birth to a small baby? eek heart
But...if you can only have one avatar per account...with the baby there'd be two...
And well, they'd hace to make stuff for them and all...and how'd you become pregnant? Its' a PG-13 site so....
I think that would be a little bit odd. However, there is a petition for pregnant avatars, or something, like that. But what, exactly, would you do when your avatar was ready to give birth? And how, do you suppose, the avatar would become pregnant in the first place?
...Eww. That is all.

Seriously, I'd hate that. The thought squicks me.
There are a few people trying to get that to happen... I don't have the link to the thread on hand...

I personally think it would be freaking weird.... why would you want a kid on gaia?! I like to think that my avatar ( Like me ) is FAR too young for that kind of thing. XD

Romantic Gaian

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Smurfita
But...if you can only have one avatar per account...with the baby there'd be two...
And well, they'd hace to make stuff for them and all...and how'd you become pregnant? Its' a PG-13 site so....

like the sims with a kiss, we could share the acount like gino and gambino

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
setsuna_PT
well this is only a thought... but what do you think of the ideia of having babies in gaia? i mean if your avy could became pregnate and you could give birth to a small baby? eek heart

I don't think it would work. Gaia is PG-13, and for your avatar to get pregnant then it would have to have sex with a male avatar; something I'm sure that the admins don't want to promote.

Even if the system of impregnating your avatar was just clicking a button, I doubt the admins want 13 year olds running around asking for other 13 year olds to get them pregnant. gonk

The pregnant avatar would bring with it a lot of hard work; all of the female avatar items would have to be redrawn to fit the new pregnant avatar shape. Then come the equality issues; why should girls have an extra option on their avatar if boys don't as well? The admins would then have to come up with something for the boys (bodybuilding, perhaps), and redraw all the male items as well.

Then there are lots of questions about how it would work... How long would you have to wait for a baby to be born? Too short and people couldn't enjoy their 'pregnant' avatar, too long and people would hate it.

The babies themselves, if items, would be too small for any detail to be put on them and really not look like anything at all, I'm sure.

Personally, I hope that we never get pregnant avatars. "Gaia Sex 1.0" doesn't look like the type of feature the admins are ever going to release.

Romantic Gaian

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Seth Darkheart
setsuna_PT

I don't think it would work. Gaia is PG-13, and for your avatar to get pregnant then it would have to have sex with a male avatar; something I'm sure that the admins don't want to promote.

Even if the system of impregnating your avatar was just clicking a button, I doubt the admins want 13 year olds running around asking for other 13 year olds to get them pregnant. gonk

The pregnant avatar would bring with it a lot of hard work; all of the female avatar items would have to be redrawn to fit the new pregnant avatar shape. Then come the equality issues; why should girls have an extra option on their avatar if boys don't as well? The admins would then have to come up with something for the boys (bodybuilding, perhaps), and redraw all the male items as well.

Then there are lots of questions about how it would work... How long would you have to wait for a baby to be born? Too short and people couldn't enjoy their 'pregnant' avatar, too long and people would hate it.

The babies themselves, if items, would be too small for any detail to be put on them and really not look like anything at all, I'm sure.

Personally, I hope that we never get pregnant avatars. "Gaia Sex 1.0" doesn't look like the type of feature the admins are ever going to release.

i was thinking, in the same ways than in the sims 2, male characts can also became pregnant

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
setsuna_PT
i was thinking, in the same ways than in the sims 2, male characts can also became pregnant

Are you serious?

That would then raise even more questions as to how guys got pregnant in the first place, and how they're going to give birth. Guys can't get pregnant, and I can't think of any reason why one would want to. o_O

As I said, I doubt that avatars will ever be able to get pregnant, simply because there's no point to it. Having a Gaia child wouldn't accomplish anything, and allowing somebody to stand next to their child in their avatar space would just make it look crowded. Unless the admins made a whole new set of 'baby clothes' then your child would always be wearing the same thing...

...I really can't see any reason why anyone would want to get their avatar pregnant.
Our avatars are kids. It promotes kids getting preg. End of story. xd

I have seen enough preg teens in my life to never want to see my avatar that way. OR anyone elses.

If they had that feature its almost like saying "A baby isn't that bad!"

The only thing the system would be good for is if it ate all of your gold and you could never post or buy new outfits since you would have to take care of it. surprised You would have to sell off all of your stuff in order to keep the baby cared for.

Long story short.. babies irl take work and care... having babies online would trivilaze the struggle rl parents put into it... and may get kids thinking that it may not be that bad.
setsuna_PT
Seth Darkheart
setsuna_PT

Now that would be very, very, very weird confused

Romantic Gaian

13,775 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
i think i would be cute smile
Demon Kairos
Our avatars are kids. It promotes kids getting preg. End of story. xd

I have seen enough preg teens in my life to never want to see my avatar that way. OR anyone elses.

If they had that feature its almost like saying "A baby isn't that bad!"

The only thing the system would be good for is if it ate all of your gold and you could never post or buy new outfits since you would have to take care of it. surprised You would have to sell off all of your stuff in order to keep the baby cared for.

Long story short.. babies irl take work and care... having babies online would trivilaze the struggle rl parents put into it... and may get kids thinking that it may not be that bad.

Very well said, I totally agree.
Preg teens=not good.

5,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I got bored and so made this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As far as I can tell, that's what it would look like. Personally, I think it'd be a waste of time for them to implement, as it isn't exactly very obvious and looks pretty stupid on a Gaian avatar.

Loyal Gaian

38,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Market Browser 100
It wood be cool if you were pregnant in real live you could make your av look the same, and everyone would know how far along you are and show off. (I saw girls with a pregnancy bar in their sig that was cool) And after it is born could make your av hold a new born as an item for a little while and then be done with it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff