Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Shrimp_Man
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Sometimes I feel quite invisible on here at times when it feels like no one has acknowledged my posts in threads. But occasionally I'll talk to someone and they'll say something along the lines of they enjoy seeing me around the GCD or that I seem like such a nice person and it just gives me the warm and fuzzies. Especially if I was having a bad day/week. emotion_kirakira

And then of course, there are the times when people have given me something nice out of the blue. It always makes me feel awesome and grateful in the extreme.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

I'm always surprised by those 'I remember you" types of messages too! It's so touching and unexpected xD

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Magus
who r u

you awesome person for necroing my thread about necroing one year later! lol

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

DJ Twissta
Madam Ace
I've had a lot of nice things said to me over the years but one moment sticks out the most to me... And it was after a pretty bad incident.

I was co-hosting a gameshow-esque charity thread and the guy in charge suddenly quit after some drama he started in tinychats with some of the contestants. I was suddenly left in charge of over 5mil gold (that was roughly the equivalent of two and a half Golden Laurels then) and a bunch of angry Gaians.

I spent about a week trying to pacify everybody in the thread, keeping them updated of the situation and assuring them the gold will be given out properly and responsibly. There was still lots of hate talk about the user who ragequit on us. But one post took me by surprise. I won't quote it word for word but basically they told me about how well I was handling the situation after all the bullshit user xxx caused, how was I acting like everyone's "Jiminy Cricket" and that I should have been in charge of the whole thing in the first place.

It really moved me and made me so goddamn happy in that stressful time. I actually saved that post as a text document somewhere on this laptop.

woahh thank you for sharing that story! I think that little bit of support when you are in need can be so pivotal. It really is refreshing and recharging.

I forgot to mention that I was about 15-16ish years old at the time and that encouraging post came from someone much older than me commenting on my maturity about the whole situation.
That was awesome.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
DJ Twissta
Shrimp_Man

Sometimes I feel quite invisible on here at times when it feels like no one has acknowledged my posts in threads. But occasionally I'll talk to someone and they'll say something along the lines of they enjoy seeing me around the GCD or that I seem like such a nice person and it just gives me the warm and fuzzies. Especially if I was having a bad day/week. emotion_kirakira

And then of course, there are the times when people have given me something nice out of the blue. It always makes me feel awesome and grateful in the extreme.

I'm always surprised by those 'I remember you" types of messages too! It's so touching and unexpected xD

I know! Especially when it comes from people who were much more prominent than me back in the day. xD Btw, I remember you! emotion_kirakira

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Shrimp_Man
DJ Twissta
Shrimp_Man

I know! Especially when it comes from people who were much more prominent than me back in the day. xD Btw, I remember you! emotion_kirakira

xD I'm not that active anymore lol, so much busier @_@ LOL

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
DJ Twissta
Shrimp_Man
DJ Twissta
Shrimp_Man

xD I'm not that active anymore lol, so much busier @_@ LOL

Doesn't matter. I still remember you. I tend to do that with users that were active back in 06-08. xD Especially your signature. lol

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
So many thoughtful people have said the sweetest things to me... It's one reason why I love Gaia so much.
People aren't afraid to reach out and just, simply, be kind to others, whether they're friends or strangers.

One of the compliments that I receive the most concerns hearing from people who don't normally care for sweet themed or pastel avis.
They've let me know that they can appreciate and genuinely enjoy my designs because of my specific styling.
Honestly, those words mean a lot to me. To know I can reach a wide range of people through creative efforts makes me feel accomplished.

Thank you, Gaia. emotion_bigheart

Tiny Pumpkin

I found being wished Happy Birthday to be the kindest thing. I have a PM saved from someone randomly wishing me Happy Birthday last year that I just love.
Well I always consider it kind when people compliment my avatar or tip my forum posts emotion_bigheart

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Milk Kittea
User Image
So many thoughtful people have said the sweetest things to me... It's one reason why I love Gaia so much.
People aren't afraid to reach out and just, simply, be kind to others, whether they're friends or strangers.

One of the compliments that I receive the most concerns hearing from people who don't normally care for sweet themed or pastel avis.
They've let me know that they can appreciate and genuinely enjoy my designs because of my specific styling.
Honestly, those words mean a lot to me. To know I can reach a wide range of people through creative efforts makes me feel accomplished.

You really pay attention to detail o- o your avi is amazing

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
DJ Twissta
Milk Kittea
User Image

You really pay attention to detail o- o your avi is amazing
User Image
Thank you! emotion_bigheart
Detail is everything when it comes to every project I tackle. 3nodding

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Jessuma
I found being wished Happy Birthday to be the kindest thing. I have a PM saved from someone randomly wishing me Happy Birthday last year that I just love.

awhhh x3 your right because something made that extra effort :3

Divine Muse

Someone actually thanked me for tipping them today and said they'd add my name to the list at their charity. I was so bowled over by the kindness I sent them 1b because someone having actual manners on the internet. . . . .of course I would have to reward them.

I hope they get their quest item!

And Bleeding who remembered the things I wrote about my character, Jayce Reinhardt that I didn't think anyone did.

The resulting art with those specific details was stunning.

Time-traveling Senshi

The last bit of kindness out of nowhere came very recently. I honestly didn't have to reply to the thread about the current gold sink at all because I had been out of town and jumping on cell signals until about ten minutes ago. However, what I said really got to someone. I thought I would end up with a few tips and a couple of "this" replies and possible angry responses because I called out some major complaining after I read why the crowdfunding was being done this time around. Imagine my surprise when someone sent me a gift thanking me for saying what I did. I in turn thanked them because they didn't have to gift me anything and they went on to explain the Annual Ball had a very special place for them and it touched them to see someone who actually cared about the user event and was concerned about its future and staff involvement in the coming years.

To have someone that cares so much about something the users do for each other every year acknowledge a person's support of the event taking place even if they don't participate means a lot.

Aged Hoarder

Someone saved my life. Non-emo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas