Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Lately I find myself spending less and less time on here, and with that being said I think
it's important to reflect on more positive things. With so many things to be angry about or not content with I find it sad that I have a hard time remembering the kind things that others have said to me.

So what would you say is the kindest thing that someone has ever said to you on Gaia? :3

Tricky Cat

s**t I cant even remember

Golden Gawker

>>>: Oh snap... Uhm... I can't really think of anything someone's
said to me, but it always makes me happy when I get compliments
on my avatar and/or art. But the nicest things that have happened here
is placing in the arena a few weeks for the first time in 10 years and ofc
the anon'd gifts. Also generally speaking, spending hours chatting with
my friends in the forums/over pm's are the best <3

Haha oh I just thought of something, and this may seem a little strange,
but once I had someone write an extremely articulate reply to one of my
posts, and even though his/her opinion was the complete opposite of mine
I was so happy about the fact that someone actually took the time to write
a well thought out reply and not just "no ur wrong ih8 u D<"

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

I've had a lot of nice things said to me over the years but one moment sticks out the most to me... And it was after a pretty bad incident.

I was co-hosting a gameshow-esque charity thread and the guy in charge suddenly quit after some drama he started in tinychats with some of the contestants. I was suddenly left in charge of over 5mil gold (that was roughly the equivalent of two and a half Golden Laurels then) and a bunch of angry Gaians.

I spent about a week trying to pacify everybody in the thread, keeping them updated of the situation and assuring them the gold will be given out properly and responsibly. There was still lots of hate talk about the user who ragequit on us. But one post took me by surprise. I won't quote it word for word but basically they told me about how well I was handling the situation after all the bullshit user xxx caused, how was I acting like everyone's "Jiminy Cricket" and that I should have been in charge of the whole thing in the first place.

It really moved me and made me so goddamn happy in that stressful time. I actually saved that post as a text document somewhere on this laptop.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
sweatdrop I'm pretty solitary around here since my rp group died out after the events late last year.

I do love the praise and discussions I occasionally get about my avi though. I never delete them in my comment box.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

Sometimes I feel quite invisible on here at times when it feels like no one has acknowledged my posts in threads. But occasionally I'll talk to someone and they'll say something along the lines of they enjoy seeing me around the GCD or that I seem like such a nice person and it just gives me the warm and fuzzies. Especially if I was having a bad day/week. emotion_kirakira

And then of course, there are the times when people have given me something nice out of the blue. It always makes me feel awesome and grateful in the extreme.

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

many people have said nice things to me in a gift's message. but there was two of them that came at a time i was feeling like s**t and they honestly made me feel better

one was a while ago. anon gifted me a blanket item with the message "to keep u warm", and another one wrote, just recently "[...] i know the feeling. it sucks, and i hope it passes."
they made me cry more but not out of sadness, and it was the two messages that left me with the most impressions because they came at me at a time i needed some kind of comforting

Shadowy Gaian

14,375 Points
  • Bonfire Starter 500
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
Someone sent me a series of anonymous poems for my generosity in a thread of mine. Totally out of the blue and lovely.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Hm, I'm pretty sure there are moments worth remembering, but I can't seem to remember them or pin point one out. Sad. All I could think of are avatar compliments, and couple of PMs telling me how impressed they were with my tolerance/patience/etc in heated discussions.

Perfect Saint

Y HALO THAR S3XXY!!! WANNA PARTAY?
redface

clarion's King

Super Model

Caring Cottontail

35,750 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
  • Egg Collector 100
I mostly lurk, shyness being what it is so uh yeah... redface

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
I am really thankful for the anons I sometimes get. I wish I knew who you were so I could thank you properly. I am also thankful for the RP partners I've found during my stay here and all the wonderful people in the fanthreads.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Deoxtri
>>>: Oh snap... Uhm... I can't really think of anything someone's
said to me, but it always makes me happy when I get compliments
on my avatar and/or art. But the nicest things that have happened here
is placing in the arena a few weeks for the first time in 10 years and ofc
the anon'd gifts. Also generally speaking, spending hours chatting with
my friends in the forums/over pm's are the best <3

Haha oh I just thought of something, and this may seem a little strange,
but once I had someone write an extremely articulate reply to one of my
posts, and even though his/her opinion was the complete opposite of mine
I was so happy about the fact that someone actually took the time to write
a well thought out reply and not just "no ur wrong ih8 u D<"
'
yeah ;D Like they read through and actually listened to what you have to say.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Madam Ace
I've had a lot of nice things said to me over the years but one moment sticks out the most to me... And it was after a pretty bad incident.

I was co-hosting a gameshow-esque charity thread and the guy in charge suddenly quit after some drama he started in tinychats with some of the contestants. I was suddenly left in charge of over 5mil gold (that was roughly the equivalent of two and a half Golden Laurels then) and a bunch of angry Gaians.

I spent about a week trying to pacify everybody in the thread, keeping them updated of the situation and assuring them the gold will be given out properly and responsibly. There was still lots of hate talk about the user who ragequit on us. But one post took me by surprise. I won't quote it word for word but basically they told me about how well I was handling the situation after all the bullshit user xxx caused, how was I acting like everyone's "Jiminy Cricket" and that I should have been in charge of the whole thing in the first place.

It really moved me and made me so goddamn happy in that stressful time. I actually saved that post as a text document somewhere on this laptop.

woahh thank you for sharing that story! I think that little bit of support when you are in need can be so pivotal. It really is refreshing and recharging.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff