Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Thread Closed!!!!

Hello and welcome! Here are the answers to a few of the questions posted in our pre-event thread! Please don't duplicate the questions listed below as the answers we have given are as complete as we can make them at this time. If you had a question in our thread that did not get answered, feel free to ask again in the event.

Events
Quote:
Hello staff. I have noticed that some of the older NPCs, including several of the characters from the Zurg event, have lost their usernames--instead, they are now listed as "User X" where X stands for their account number. Some of them have also lost their NPC status, including the [NPC] tag before their name and their red username.I have made a list here with some of the accounts that are affected.

Would it be possible to give them back their names? Although these accounts are no longer active, they hold special memories for many of us, and it would mean a lot to us if they could be restored.

Yes, we’ll fix that. We changed their names for some event teasers we did a while back.

Shops
Quote:
Are their plans to increase the other gold shops' prices like HnR Wesley?

Yes as the prices are incredibly outdated and have been for years.

Items
Quote:
How are the tags decided for items? I noticed some items have parts of the item name in their tags and some don't.

Items are tagged on an item by item basis- but if you see something mistagged or in need of some clarity, always feel free to post about it in Site Feedback and one of us will take care of it!

Quote:
Mine is a sort of two category question: while I love the idea behind the tickets, can we someday have a chance to be able to create wonderful items for Gaia for users that may not have cash resources or incredible vending skills?

Like a once a month, could do a "Enter your ideas for This type of ticket!" contest, giving 1-3 users a shot at getting their item made and dreams realized, and gives potential ideas for new items!

We actually have done this before with Crosstich where we have a contest of item ideas and create the winning one! This is something we plan on bringing back.

Quote:

Can you please make it possible to buy a quantity of items from the gold shops.

There are times where I would like to purchase more than 1 of an item at a time as it can be quite annoying when buying in bulk. (especially when we have rigs in gold shops)

An excellent suggestion and one we will definitely consider.

Art
Quote:
Have the artists ever considered putting together all of their concept artwork and past artwork that can be found on the download page into some kind of digital art book for sale to buy either with Gaia Cash or as an app? I've heard people say if there was such a book for sale they'd gladly spend the Cash to buy one and we all know there's some amazing character art out there by the artists in their Tumblrs and DA pages.

We have considered it! However, as you can imagine, it's a very time consuming project! Also, since our rich Gaia heritage goes back 11 years now- not all of the artists who created some of Gaia's iconic pieces are still with us.

Features
Quote:
Is a revamp of the Marketplace's search on the table?

Excluding poor tagging, there are other issues I have with it. The biggest issue is doing a search for 'green boots' and having it hack up every single item tagged with either 'green' or 'boots' rather than both tags. Another is filters that don't work -for example the animate item filter. There's also a dire need for a filter for paws items, as well as exclusion filters.

This is definitely something on our 'want to do' list!

Games
Quote:
The prices of bugs and inks have increased by a ton. Popular ink colors now cost millions or hundreds of millions--for just 1 vial. I'm very concerned with this, and I know that I'm not the only one.

Can you remove the cap on bug-collecting in towns?

We probably won't remove the cap entirely, but we can increase it so it's not so limiting!

Quote:
Inflation has gone up 10,000 times in the past year but older games and posting gold awards have not. I was wondering if you might update gold awards for older games such as word bump, booty grab, aquarium awards and posting to better reflect the value of gold today and restore some of the spending power of those sources?

This is something we want to do. It may require we rewrite some of those older games because they were written in ancient, no longer supported code sweatdrop

Misc

Quote:
Why were Pink Link updated with more gold?

We wanted to let all our players know that Pink links have been updated to provide additional amount of gold for our players. We implemented this change to provide our new players the chance to get some gold to be able to purchase items through the market place without being forced to purchase Gcash for them.

We are currently aware economy issues, and we are taking steps right now to improve the overall economy for all our players.
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question may result in the additional posts being deleted. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    This may occur because at present- they do not have an answer, it was already answered, because it was missed, or because the proper format was not followed in posting the question.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.
Post Template
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • events
  • manga
  • Misc - More personal questions can go here!

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500

Items... maybe.
I was just wonderin' when we try to use more than 2 animated items at the same time it glitches. It shows up okay for the most part when on the customize avatar page. When you save your avatar it either doesn't show your avatar or only part of it.

For example if I equip astra billowing cape, astra dark mini nitemare wings, and astra gleaming eye. On the customize avatar page it works, but when I save my avatar all you see is just the animated cape. The rest of my avatar is missin'. I really hope it's just a glitch, because I would love to use more than 2 animated items at the same time.

Thank you for takin' the time readin', and answerin' my question.

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Items/Manga?
Hi Staff! Thank you for another week of ATS~ I would like to know if there is any way we can see more items tied in with our NPCs and plot. For example we've had a couple REI's dedicated to NPCs. Those were fun! I loved learning more backstory regarding our NPCs. Could we have more of them? Or even better: A CI based on the plot or vice versa. The Nyx vs Gaia plot from the Airship Saga would be a great example of a potential future CI.
Praying Mantis Category

Another Monday, another day to inquire, plead for some praying mantis related items. A pet with a I AM pose would be loved, but even a Mantis themed Strut or March would be met with much claw flailing.

Main Question: Is it possible for me to get the username of the Gaia Artist that snuck in the hidden praying mantis in Dirge's Serenade?

I've never been able to pin down who the artist for that item was, and my mantises would really like to give a special thank you to the artist in question.

User Image

My mantises have been waiting so long for mantis related items on Gaia, they had to build a private bathroom next to my laptop.

PeachiiTea's Partner

Biggest Sex Symbol

66,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Misc
-Good evening, Gaia staff! How are you? c:
-How is the weather by you? It’s been cloudy/chilly by me for the past 2-3 weeks.
Items
-Will the Project Emerald Ticket ever be re-released in some fashion?
-All of the Astra tails and hipwings do not show up under the Animated tab. Can this be fixed please?

Familiar Lunatic

Games

Who's fixing zOMG! ? Out of curiosity.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

You may have noticed I'm wearing a Gaia T-Shirt.

Thank you again for hosting this! It's really good to know that someone is at least reading our questions, even if you don't/can't respond to them at this time. <3

Manga

How can we Gaians show our support for the manga in ways that the staff will take note of?

This is to raise awareness to the: Save Our Plot Movement.
Thanks for the response to the first question! I hope to see the change implemented soon.

Games

Will you allow paws to get any tattoos from bug and ink collections?

Reasoning and other suggestions, including those for exchange rates, are listed in this thread.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Thank you for putting the alchemy pack in GoFusion and the sub-forum for role players and the gold shop update.
Features

What will Gaia do to improve and update chat and social features of the site?

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

You may have noticed I'm wearing a Gaia T-Shirt.

Events

Could we get more detailed descriptions on the kickstarter global rewards? We want to know how our gold can affect the manga and events!

This is to raise awareness for the Save Our Plot Movement.

Beloved Stargazer

Item

Hello ! I was wondering if it was possible to reveal what was the most common drop out of the mystery ticket ? I do realize that the item is a chance item, but 900$ is a lot of money to put forward without knowing what you are most likely to get, especially with the win gaia costing 100$ more and containing a lot more stuff...

Dangerous Seraph

19,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Games
Will switchem ever return. We where told it would return with every major event but it did not return with the summer event.

Shy Browser

Good evening gaia staff >w<
(edited it since itws 1 question per post didnt see that for a sec xD)

Msic(Not sure)

Question
Can the project Rainbow get some better rules like restricting's on how many time's an item can be recolored so no one dosen't recolor the same thing over and over again and it gives other items an chance to be recolored like
(EX:Only Dj Headphones can be recolored about 7 times after that the artist haves a right to reject your recolor request)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff