Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
Hello everyone and welcome!!!

Quote:
Event/Items

I'm dreaming of a Paws Christmas!

Any chance we will get a full holiday paw set for this X-Mas Season?

Yep! We made an announcement here here! Caroling will also give gift boxes with a choice between a human or paw item. Merry Christmas!

Quote:
Features
The new inventory arranger is a good start but is there any way to bring back the ability to select a whole section of items by clicking one and shift clicking the last in a section? We used to be able to do that and it's MUCH more convenient than having to click every single thumbnail.

I would also like the ability to stack items together. For example if I have 2 of the same EI but they're different gens I would rather have them stack together than separately.

We will be adding functionality that allows you to select en masse! Keep an eye out for it tomorrow!

Stacking as you suggest probably won't be implemented though as they are two different items altogether, even though it's part of the same EI family.

Quote:
Events

An old staff alert said there are 2 new achievements being given out. A LOT of people were granted neither achievement.

People have been posting in this thread to get theirs granted, but what about filing a ticket? Why isn't anyone handling those?

We recently did a mass grant for some users who are missing their achievements and will continue to do so for users missing them. Users who have filed these tickets have had their achievements granted, if you are still missing the achievement, file the ticket and we’ll be happy to assist.

Quote:
Events

When is the Winter Event going to start? The 12 Days of Xmas Freebie Grants have begun, but there's no sign of Caroling in the shops yet either.

It has already started! Check out the forum for more information here!

Quote:
Features

We were recently given a new free outfit slot. Was this a teaser for being able to buy our way past 21 slots in the future?

Unfortunately not, sorry! Though in the future we may be increasing the number of outfit slots!
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question may result in the additional posts being deleted. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    This may occur because at present- they do not have an answer, it was already answered, because it was missed, or because the proper format was not followed in posting the question.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.
Post Template
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • events
  • manga
  • Misc - More personal questions can go here!

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Misc

I notice that when you guys close the thread, it will remain closed at least for 10 sometimes even 20 minutes.
Then it still closes around 5pm sharp your time.
That 10 or 20 minutes factors in the time we spend asking questions, and you closing the thread down to catch up takes away from our time that you promised us to ask questions.
Do you think that if you close the thread you can keep track of how long you close it for and give us that time back to ask questions?
It is incredibly frustrating when the thread is closed down for so long and knowing that however long it's closed takes away from our ability to post questions.

Question is originally by ( Nenanah ) I am using Nenanah's Ask the Staff Question Posting Service.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Items

I posted in an AtS a while back about the possibility of someday having an REI featuring the RIG NPCs Roseus and Serotina. Now that Purrsuasion Play has finished evolving, is there any chance that such an REI might be on the horizon? emotion_kirakira

(I ask out of desire both for more information/story on these NPCs because they intrigue me and for a nice manly REI since the past few have been girly/cutesy.)

Playful Kitten

features

Will you consider switching gaia cash offer provider from trialpay to another company or several companies?
Trial pay hasn't been paying out even though I complete free offers and when I contact them, they won't provide the cash I earned. The offers i complete don't send out a confirmation email and even though I send trialpay a screenshot to show I finished it, they still won't pay.
It seems like you are missing out on revunue by only using trialpay which has too many broken offers now.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Features

This Achievement

Thread Killer
100 Points
User Image
"Be the last person to reply to an active thread with over 100 posts for at least 24 hours."
'Kill' a thread of 100 posts or more by being the last person to reply for 24 hours.

I don't really get why this achievement was removed, it certainly wasn't hurting things.

Is there any way to bring it back or at least give us a reason why it was removed?

Question is originally by ( Nenanah ) I am using Nenanah's Ask the Staff Question Posting Service.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Items

With Paws now having the option to remove the ears from their avatar through the Hear No Evil item, is there a possibility to make such an item for the humanoid base? Some of us enjoy putting animals ears on our avatars and don't want "human" ears to show, so this limits us to wigs and hairstyles that hide the base avatar ears. I saw this thread about it in Site Feedback, and it seemed like a good idea to me. I don't know much about how layering works, so this might be entirely out of the question, but I thought I'd ask just in case it might be.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Features

What is the point of having a Reporting Bugs Sub-Forum if you don't even keep it updated?
The last thread made for reporting bugs was the week of Jul 22nd - Jul 28th 2014.
It is now December, and only a couple of weeks away from the new year.
We have people reporting bugs in the latest thread but the dates don't even match.
People posting all the way into November shouldn't have to post in an outdated thread from the summertime.
Having your Bug Report Forum being so outdated and unmaintained gives off the impression that you're lazy and don't care about existing glitches and issues, it does not send out a good message to the newer members at all.
Please get on this.

Godly Ladykiller

Items
      Yes, I'm back to wreak havoc with the same totally insane, long-winded question. You're probably not even surprised anymore. (Attempting for the seventh consecutive week! I will also be hitting below the emotional belt towards the end, same as last time. Fair warning.) Sorry! It's only because I care about the community and love the site. (That means I love you, too, even it doesn't seem like it. I even come bearing still-warm brownies tonight!)

In response to my question at the ATS on 10/27 (Why can’t you remove gold generators?), you said that the major reason for not removing them was that gold generators are popular (read: people like them!) and that they help to fund your site. I have no quarrel with the second portion of this argument. I like this site and I would like for it to be here for many years to come.

I do, however, have to heartily disagree with the idea that people like gold generators. As I mentioned previously, the current statistic is that 90-92% of those polled (by Gaians) hate gold generators. (Many of these polls are linked here but I'm sure there are more recent ones that can be found quite easily.) That means that only 8-10% of your population likes them. There are multiple petitions begging for the removal of gold generators, here (2,500+ votes) and here (1,730+ votes) to list two of the larger ones. There are even two that I've seen asking for Gaia itself to be deleted or reset entirely. (I believe these threads were deleted.) More recently there was a poll here with people predicting Gaia’s imminent downfall (82.3% believe the outcome is either grim or destined for failure). Likewise, many users have vowed not to purchase GC until things change (though the OP isn’t editing her first post to reflect the numbers, there are ~169 pages of signatures).

If you get a moment, please also check out the results of this related survey. Many of the comments reflect that we want gold generators to stop. (Other common points include hope for a greater focus on the community, less emphasis on the cash shop, and honest, more transparent communication with the user-base.)

So I don’t buy the premise that “people like them.” It could well be that people are buying them because they feel they have no other choice. Not everyone understands vending and not everyone has the patience for fishing. And, let’s face it: the output from the other games is worthless nowadays. (With the sole exception being Booty Grab- and thank you very much for that update.) Gold generators are pretty much the only way that some people have to get the items that they want on this site (if they want to pay with gold) and that’s not right, considering that they’re what wrecked the economy in the first place.

The actual question is this: Have you considered having a neutral third party conduct a survey requesting feedback on gold generators and feelings about the state of the site in general or hosting a poll of your own (without any cop-out neutral answers) and then sharing the results of that survey with us?

Your sales might reflect that these items are popular- but that might be for the reason I mentioned above. Or, worse, it could be because the item descriptions in the cash shop are vague and some people don’t know what they’re buying until after they open the item. There are tons of conspiracy theories out there- I won't list them all. (I've wasted enough of your time.) Hosting a poll and having solid proof that you’re willing to share with the community could not only help to weaken one side’s argument (I don’t even care if it’s my side), it could also show the community that you care about our opinions and are genuinely willing to listen to us about matters other than recolors… something that some of us feel isn’t present at this particular moment. (If you frequent Site Feedback, that is, or if you take a look at that off-site poll.)

I understand that you're going to continue to sell these things regardless of whether or not we like them -- what I'm begging for here is for you to give us some sort of table-scrap, some little tidbit, to show us that you've heard and considered our feedback. I do sincerely apologize if this comes across poorly but, as I said, I care about us, about this community, and this is one of those issues that a good many of us are deeply concerned about. We want to be heard, listened to. We want to know that you care about us. Your lack of response, of acknowledgement regarding this glaring issue, hurts everyone who wants to know that we still matter to you as more than a dollar sign.

Thanks in advance for any answer!

Playful Kitten

items
Can we get an animated train set?
Or animated Christmas items like trees etc?

7,350 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Misc

Is Gaia going to donate to charity this year?

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Features

A couple of weeks ago I asked if you could bring back the old item engraving feature since a lot of us old fogies missed it and it had a great potential at being a gold sink. I also pitched some ideas to keep offensive language out out the engraved messages. You said that bringing back the feature would more than likely never happen.
Can you please give us a reason as of why this feature will never make a comeback?

Legendary Samurai

79,625 Points
  • Achievement Hunter 500
  • Bushido 500
  • Cheesehead 500
Event

Once you complete level 10 on sitchem it glitches, and you have to start over.

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

Features

About the zOMG Summons...I know straight making them an equipped item is out of the question, but maybe a halfway point is an option. Would it be possible to make the Summon Stone itself an equippable item that then activates an option in Towns 2 to allow your Summoned buddy to follow you like in zOMG? Something like where in Towns 2 if you have the item equipped it enables a button on the bottom bar the lets you choose whether to activate the Summon or not, like the Kneeling button and others. It'd probably take some time to work on, but I can see it being possible. If it works out well enough, you could even branch the idea out into other items, and possibly future items.

I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces