Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Since the interns are working with the developers and artists and whatnot, it works out the best when they can be on site.

MrsrachaelSnape
you don't hire people who can work at home? Or you going to hire dev interns who can work on zomg?

Invisible Citizen

My fellow z!Fers have raised questions and concerns that I'm interested in seeing the responses to, and I have one of my own.

As you've seen, zOMG has an extremely passionate and active community. In the past, we've been set hoops to jump through, and we jumped through them. Is there anything, anything we can do that would inspire Gaia HQ to put devs back on the game in the near future? Would anyone be able to tell us what we would need to do, realistically, to convince HQ to put more resources into the game? Accepting that it's hopeless is not something we're terribly keen on.

BaabyPink's Prince

Rampaging Lunatic

45,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
/lurks ninja

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
ROMVLVS
Hey Lanzer! Happy Monday!
3) Is the summer event going to be towns V towns olympics again? Please?

I'll consider it razz

OG Unicorn

20,425 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Uncle Kenny
Soah-Nim
User Image

I would like to address an issue that’s begun to hit close to home in a lot of Gaian’s inboxes.

I’m talking about anon hate mail. Like me, many Gaian’s open up anon letters and gifts on events, and sometimes as a leap of faith; only to be reminded why we turned them off in the first place, someone or a group of people are going about sending these hateful messages and get away with it.

I have been receiving for the past year the worst anon gifts, some of them saying the most mean and spiteful things that are purely meant to hurt or to make me look like a fool. I am not the only one either, and yet when I report this offence I hear nothing back. Why? Is it ok for others to go about harassing others through a system meant to bring joy and happiness? I have brought this up in past reports as well but still my issue goes unheard. I heard back from a moderator about a scamming attempt on my account before I heard back from them about a report of someone calling me a whore and a b***h. How can this continue to be ok?

My question, my only question is: Will you continue to let this happen to those of us being preyed upon, during times which we thought would be fun but are clouded with worry and fear or recurrence? If so, how will you do this, I do understand there is no staff available to overlook each anon letter; however if there were some sort of filtering maybe that could be possible to reduce the occurrence of this hideous act.

We definitely do not encourage or support anyone who utilizes the anonymous feature of events to be abusive, hateful, explicit, or anything else we find inappropriate. There can be a backup sometimes when certain areas get a lot of report traffic, such as during events, so it may take a bit longer to hear back. I assure you though that if someone is being abusive/hateful/etc toward you through the anonymous Valentine's, we do have ways of finding them and they will be held liable for what they said. We take abuse very seriously and do not tolerate it under any circumstance.

User Image

I appreciate your truth, I know it can be hard, with all the users out there and regulating them probably isn't an easy task.

It's not just Valentines day event anons, it's primarilly the gifting system that I've been harassed with. Is there any plans of re-vamping the system to make it so people can't do this, or would that just be a programming nightmare?

Dapper Dabbler

SS2-SITH LORD
To Any Admin Lurking!

I was recently on a website and saw that if i purchased the ZOMG soundtrack that i would get a headphone item for my avatar. Does this offer still stand? I haven't seen any listed in MarketPlace.
CLICK FOR PROOF!

What happened to the plan to bring back Memphis Mermaids?

Pan and Lanzer still haven't looked at my PMs concerning Ghost Fish. Should i resend them?

Hi SS2-Sith Lord,

For the soundtrack, if you have your receipt, just send it in to our Customer Support team and they'll get you taken care of.

For Memphis, we probably won't be bringing back the original version. If (and I stress if) she does come back, it'll likely be a different version that's cheaper, but doesn't give out as much gold.

For the PMs, yes please do. They get a ton, so it's easy to miss them. Thanks!

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Good evening, everyone.

My question is a lot less immediately pressing and far more of a cosmetic nature.

I first want to take the time to thank Gaia's artists for all their hard work. After all, every single month we get a lot of new items coming our way, both in the Cash Shop and in the gold shops. So let me get to the point: for a very, very long time, those of us who prefer pants on our avatars were pretty much getting the short end of the stick when it came to item availability. About a year ago, a few of us made threads and requested the Artists to please remember to include pants and/or shorts in their item sets when item sets are, indeed, made. For example, we would have items that would have a shirt, socks, shoes, hat, but no pants.

For the most part, this request has been well received by the Artists, and I (and many others, I'm sure) are extremely thankful for this. We even got our first-ever pants in any of our MCs, period, last year.

However. Now that the Artists are remembering to include pants in their item sets, the trend has been increasingly replacing regular pants with leg-modding items that completely modify the legs in strange ways. They either severely narrow the calf and thighs and leave the crotch area frighteningly high up on the avatar (sometimes nearly up to the bellybotton!) or they come with attached shoes. To borrow an image by Maggot, you can see just how badly these leg mods cut off significant portions of the male base. This leaves our shoes, especially gold shop shoes, looking very awkward with many non-foot mod shoes, especially gold shop shoes.

Long story short: Of course, a lot of people like these sort of leg mods. That's great for them. But I've noticed that we're getting far, far more leg mods than regular pants now. I very much enjoy the way my avatar's legs as they are, and I'm wondering if this trend of heavily favoring leg mods over regular pants is going to continue?

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Yeata Zi
scullylam
Yeata Zi
scullylam
Yeata Zi
scullylam

*bro hoof* congrats on getting there early. i was reading really slowly and then refreshed. still, you got in there LIKE A BOSS. wink
That's me.

yay! you so cool. can you teach me how to jimmer?linny? emotion_kirakira

*fail joke is fail*
j-j-joke?

basketball. emotion_awesome

anyway, sorry i didn't cut the treats into squares. it's all a gooey mess. more fun to take a handful and just lick it off your fingers..... *snickers*
SO MUCH GOOO!

sorry i used too many marshmellows... redface

Salty Punching Bag

13,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Mademoiselle Kit
twister of shadows
-Will you ever reconsider refunding the buccaneer boardwalk ticket? Because Lanzer himself said that you would would refund it but it hasn't happened yet.
-Will you remove the 4 lawn gnome recipe requirement from alchemy? I hope you're aware that only one person can get it only once!
-Do you ever consider putting zOMG!'s engine on gaias future events to run a flash space?
SO PISSED ABOUT THAT ^
Agreed. They really need to fix that. :/ It takes the entire point out of the formulas actually being farmable.

Celebrating Gaian

siskataya
SS2-SITH LORD
To Any Admin Lurking!

I was recently on a website and saw that if i purchased the ZOMG soundtrack that i would get a headphone item for my avatar. Does this offer still stand? I haven't seen any listed in MarketPlace.
CLICK FOR PROOF!

Heya SS2-SITH LORD!

Thanks for the great questions! I can answer your question about zOMG! headphones item that comes with the purchase of the zOMG! soundtrack.

If you do purchase the soundtrack, you can file a billing ticket and let us know, and we'll be happy to grant the zOMG! headphones to you. So yes, you can still get this item!

Hope this helps! biggrin
Sisky

Thanks a lot! I was purchasing the Skyrim soundtrack when i saw ZOMG soundtrack. I was shocked to find out they were by the same composer! Any chance of Gaia working with Jeremy Seoule again?

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
beckygrendel
If sold, pricewise it should be no more than the 250GC it takes to maintain donor status for the month. Personally, I would be unwilling to pay any more than that for one. That whole thing was handled poorly. Here's a chance for Gaia to make amends.

In all honesty, if they decide to put that ring in the Cash Shop, then it should be sold at the same price as what the Sweetheart ring was sold for. Fair is fair, after all. cat_whee

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
- it has been updated to use JSON
- AFAICR gold is not generated when you perform actions through the mobile API
- you're free to make a helper app for Android, and can use the existing mobile API -- there are some trademark concerns, and whatnot. If you send me a PM we can talk about it in more detail.

Winged Demon X

1. Is the mobile app API gonna be updated to use JSON in the future? I am currently using it in my google chrome extension and I really don't like having to parse html and look through it.

2. Does the mobile app API generate any gold when you go to it?

3. If I have permission can I make an android GaiaOnline app? I know everything about the iphone app API and I think I can make a nice decent app. If I do get permission I will give all source code for it to GaiaOnline but with my name on developer.

4. Can I have permission to use the mobile app API to develop a dashboard which refresh with important information like, Subscribed threads, Notifications, Private Messages, Announcements, Friend's Stuff, User Topics.

5. If I do get all permission to use the mobile API is it possible I have have a contact which can answer questions for the API?

I think that is all the questions I have right now. I can't think of any more right now. Please answer my questions. smile

Codebreaking Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Corinth Maxwell
3. Speaking of "off-site content"......Why does Gaia use a footer/toolbar from a site that universally "logs you in" whenever you're on other sites where the toolbar is used, and then adamantly refuses to allow you to remain "logged out" until you decide you want to use it again? Furthermore, was it ever taken into consideration to develop an original Gaia-exclusive footer/toolbar?
The company that makes and hosts that footer is called Meebo. It is a bug and I have it on my list of things to fix.
I agree it is quite annoying. My only workaround so far is to make sure that I reload all browser windows that have the Meebo bar on it whenever you log in or log out of GaiaOnline.

Invisible Cat

Zero Omega
/lurks ninja

I know you , you helped my sister over the phone ^_^.

How are you?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces